News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Murder on the Meadow

Started by Delthion, September 06, 2017, 03:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

It was a clear and sunny day as the Redwallers were out of doors, gathering berries and the like from the surrounding countryside. They frolicked and sang in the forest as the dibbuns all ran about them. None of them had any idea what was about to unfold; the might of Cluny's horde could not compare with how shocking this event was to be, and Iron Beak's dominion could not compare with its terror. This is the story of how such an event took place in our own beloved Redwall.

OOC: Well my little minions! Go ahead and roleplay away! When it starts you will all be in a group in a meadow, foraging. I'll select one of you to die and that person may continue on as a skipper that they create. :) Hope everyone has a good time!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

A short, thin old squirrel stood in front of a bush, a basket hooped through the crook of his arm as he collected berries and dumped them into it.
"Oh, my old back is no good for this!" he muttered, hopping awkwardly away when two Dibbuns ran, giggling, past him.
Brother Asney wiped his paws on his habit.
"Ah, youth. Bella!" he waved at the ottermaid from a distance away. "Come and help me, will you?"

Rosie Willowwater

Bella had been chatting with one of the other gatherers who's eyes seemed to be slowly drooping in a sleepless manner, clearly tired of having to talk to her, when Brother Asney called for her. The gatherer's eyes quickly perked up. "Oh, don't worry about me, go help the old man." He started lightly pushing her away, and got up from the patch of grass he had been sitting on to move far away from that little never-ending chatterbox. She picked up her basket and skipped over to the Brother, dropping a couple berries along the way.

"What'cha need help with?" She said, bouncing lightly up and down, a trick she used to keep her ever active mind busy.

Ashleg

Asney attempted to hand Bella what he had harvested.
"Can't you take this and get me another basket? Old bones, you know..."

The squirrel couldn't help but mutter something about a "crazy Abbot who had no respect for the old creatures" under his breath.

Rosie Willowwater

Bella quickly grabbed the Brother's half full basket and handed him her own almost empty one. 

"Here, you can have mine! There is quite a lot of room left in yours so I don't see the point in getting rid of it yet."

She slung the basket onto her arm and started helping Asney with the bush he was working on, rapidly tossing all of the berries she could see into it.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cieron walked over a rise with a basket full of berries in each paw, moving towards the larger group. "Found a good patch over there," he said as he dropped the baskets with the growing pile. "They'll be happy about that in the kitchens!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

As the Redwallers finish foraging for various supplies, clouds gather overhead and a low rumble is heard. The Abbot orders everyone inside, as they start gathering by the gate to be counted to make sure that no one was missing, one Redwaller was missing, the recorder Asney. Skipper went to go look in the area in which he was last seen by Cieron. What he finally found under a bush left him speechless with anger, surprise, and grief. Asney's throat had been cut by an extremely small, smooth blade, he hadn't found it on the scene, and after a short, but extensive search he reasoned that the killer took it with them. When he returned to the group, they were taken aback by his utterly blank face. He was unresponsive to questions for quite some time, eventually though, they managed to pry what he had found.

The Skarzs

"What happened?" Cieron asked again, looking at the distraught otter.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"I said Asney was murdered." Skipper Ralph's paws shook with rage. "Slit right across the throat with some kind of small blade. When I find the killer, I will make them pay! There will be no end to their suffering!"

He got up and stormed off down the hallway.

The Skarzs

Cieron sat down and stared at the floor. Who could have done such a thing? Asney was such a nice creature. When he saw him last he was alive and well. Now he was gone.
  "Must've been one of the paring knives," he thought aloud.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HoltLutra

"Hey Skip!" Derry the squirrel bounded into the crowd, "There's some delicious cordial you should try down in the..." He stopped short when he saw the somber mood the hung over the normally cheerful Abbey. "What happened?" questioned Derry, the beginnings of a frown coming over his face.
Happy to Be Exploring Redwall!

The Skarzs

OOC: Hello, HoltLutra, and welcome to the forum!
Would you like to join this role-play? :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HoltLutra

OOC:Yes, it that okay? I'm new to this forum.
Happy to Be Exploring Redwall!

Delthion

OOC: Yep! It's fine! Just make a character sheet first in the OOC topic. :)