News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Art of You

Started by NovaNocturne, September 15, 2017, 01:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NovaNocturne

Now, I don't have any commissions currently to work on, so I was considering offering to do some free doodles for my birds of a feather here on the Redwall forums. Whats you favorite Redwall character? I can't guarantee I'll get any done, but in my spare time, I would like to have something I could come grab ideas from. So, in order to possibly get a free doodle from me, here is what I would need from you:

1. A description of a character that by any other terms is a representation of yourself, as you would fit into the Redwall universe.
2. Please include the follow details:
   A. Name
   B. Species (if not a species from the Redwall books, it at least needs to be a species that is real, and would have the potential to fit into the Redwall universe.)
   C. Gender
   D. Eye Color
   E. Pelt Color/Markings (Needs to be at least natural colors if not natural markings)
   F. Any period specific clothing this character would wear. (keep outfits simple please)
   G. If your character has an alignment (lawful good, chaotic neutral, neutral evil etc) put it here.
   H. Weapon of choice
3. If you have an image of your character already (sfw of course) please include it.
4. Did you read everything? There is a random hidden question hidden in here. Answer it.

If I have time to draw your requests, I'll post them here :)
They will look something like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Ashleg

Name: Andy
Species: Pine marten/weasel hybrid
Eye color: Amber
Pelt description: medium brown, typical cream marten neck markings but nothing on the ears, face, or tail, SCRAWNY
Clothing: Red cape (not tattered), crooked golden crown, glasses
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (it's what I get on the tests), smirking, maybe?

Cluny, Ashleg, Vilu, Vitch, Gruven, Sawney Rath, many more.

Wylder Treejumper

This is really cool, Nova. Thanks for offering to do this.

Name: Wylder Treejumper
Species: Squirrel
Eye Color: Deep blue
Fur/Markings: Dark reddish-brown fur, white underbelly, nicked left ear
Clothing: Green tunic, brown gloves, white Sam Browne belt (combined waist/cross belt)
Alignment: Lawful Good, of course.
Weapon of Choice: Thin, straight, double-edged blade, similar to a rapier but with a thickness closer to a saber. Simple crossguard.

3. Previous image:

4. Difficult. My favorite hero is probably Rakkety Tam, favorite supporting character Florian Dugglewoof Wilfachop, and favorite villain Cap'n Clogg
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

NovaNocturne

Here's some WIPs of @Ashleg and @Wylder Treejumper (just note, the scale of these next to each other isn't accurate. It will be more like the 3rd image (which has Nova's silhouette in the background, also for comparison)

Spoiler
[close]

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

WHAT DO YOU SEE? D:

It's just showing up as a blank space!

NovaNocturne

Quote from: Ashleg on September 15, 2017, 05:36:41 PM
The spoiler is empty.

Really? Criminy. I'll fix it when I get back from the airport

Wylder Treejumper

I can see it. It looks amazing so far.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on September 15, 2017, 05:42:13 PM
WHAT DO YOU SEE? D:

It's just showing up as a blank space!
Some good sketches.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

NovaNocturne

Ashleg, can you still not see it?

MeadowR

Kind offer! If you're still free to do any more, I actually have my character's design a bit more thought over now. (No problem if you've had enough - thanks either way! :))

A. Name: Meadow
   B. Species: Rabbit
   C. Gender: Female
   D. Eye Color: Blue-grey
   E. Pelt Color/Markings: Darkish brown and lighter brown/tan-ish.
   F. Any period specific clothing this character would wear: Dark blue or red Tunic (I haven't tried the colours against my char yet; originally was a light tunic), brown belt, dark brown and black strands which weave together as a bracelet (sure there's an easier way to describe that!).
   G. If your character has an alignment put it here: Lawful good.
   H. Weapon of choice: Long bow, arrows.
   I. A template I used as quick ref a few weeks back; here in quadruped form, but useful for markings. Will do my own soon.

Quick scroll down Norham's thread if you want to see anthro/Redwall-y styled: http://www.redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=5659.75
   J. I must admit I haven't much thought about it in recent years. Perhaps Gingivere from Mossflower.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Aaarg. I see it now. It's awesome.

NovaNocturne

NovaNocturne