News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The FOOD Thread

Started by Ashleg, October 12, 2017, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelenatheWanderer

Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

The Skarzs

I revive this topic to say that jambalaya is delicious. I made a massive skillet of it and I want to eat it all. If you want I can post the recipe so you can all try it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Russa Nodrey

^ Indeed.

One time I had some canned jambalaya... It was too terrible to describe. Authentic jambalaya sounds very good though.
Freddy

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Ooooh, I would very much like a recipe!
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

This is from a Dutch oven recipe book, but I have adapted it to stovetop.
Use a deep dish pan, cooking the chicken (or turkey) on medium heat for about three minutes or until mostly cooked before adding sausage. Reduce to low and cover after adding rice, stirring occasionally (to avoid sticking).
Instead of powdered mustard, regular mustard can be used. For this recipe, use 1 tbsp.
Best when fresh. It dries out when saved.

I cut this recipe in half because it makes a lot, but it goes fast.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Ooooh, fancy. I will have to try that out.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.