News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

magic

Started by rrrrr, May 02, 2015, 05:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Clydth

Lets not forget that the Marlfoxes are renowned for their stealth,quick disappearances and magic.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa

Jetthebinturong

Yes but that's a myth built around them based on trickery and illusion. They don't have actual magical powers.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

In some cases they do have the ability to foresee some things, but it is nothing more than that.
If anything the badgers would be more magical.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

This has lead me to thinking...
How come Martin can come back as a ghost? In the three books that show him alive he doesn't go around possessing people (I mean I haven't read legend of Luke, but I don't think he goes around possessing people). I mean, do we know about any other characters that come back as ghosts? (I have encountered none so far in my reading of the books, but there are still many I haven not yet touched.)
This is also kind of strange seeing as Badgers are (arguably) the most 'magical' of the creatures (wisdom=magic?) and Lord Brocktree or Lady Cregga or Sunflash never went around giving advice to all the goodbeasts.
Anyone got any ideas about this thing I found?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Ashleg

Martin is the "spirit" of the Abbey.

And I do not recall other characters coming back as ghosts or being reborn like Martin (Matthias) was, but I am not against the idea of it. In fact, I have used it myself for RolePlays. Seeing as Martin did not have magic during his lifetime, perhaps it's just something spirits can do, and most choose not to do it because they want to rest but Martin wants to be Redwall's defender even after death.

sunflashtheace

Well I think that Raga Bol's seer was real magicc but hey who knows.