News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Doctor: You really want to think about this, because if I activate this signal, every living creature dies.
Emperor: I am immortal.
Doctor: Do you want to put that to the test?
Emperor: I want to see you become like me. Hail the Doctor, the Great Exterminator!
Doctor: *Holds onto the lever* I'll do it!
Emperor: Then prove yourself Doctor! What are you, Coward or Killer?
Doctor: *Slowly lets go of the controls* Coward. Any day.
~ Doctor Who: The Parting of the Ways
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Luftwaffles

This will haunt you like crazy (or at least it does with me):

"A creative impulse, once interrupted, can never be resumed" - The AV Club.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Wylder Treejumper

There is no expedient to which a man will not go to avoid the real labor of thinking.

-Sir Joshua Reynolds
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

"My life is a story of eternal things. I've lived a million pages of the impulse that ended up branded on my fëa, of damnation's chronic death-rattle, of deathless things that cannot live and of transient things that stay forever. I am the theme of a poem about inkstains, my father's anvil, and the unshakeable cliffs behind me."

--My all-time favorite Silmarillion fanfic, and maybe my favorite fic in general, Where the Worm Dies Not.  (I've reread it several times and am constantly in awe of just how well it's written.  There are tons of amazing lines throughout.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Doctor: Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.
~ Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor

Atraxi: You are not of this world.
Doctor: No but I've put a lot of work into it.
Atraxi: Is this world important?
Doctor: Important? What does that mean, important? Six billion people live here, is that important? Better question: is this world a threat to the atraxi?
Atraxi: ...
Doctor: Well? You're monitoring the entire planet. Is this world a threat?
Atraxi: ... No.
Doctor: Are the people's of this world guilty of any crime under the laws of the atraxi?
Atraxi: No.
Doctor: Okay. One more question, just one. Is this world protected? 'Cause you're not the first lot to have come here; oh there have been so many! And what you've got to ask is 'what happened to them?'
Doctor: Hello. I'm the Doctor. And basically... run.
~ Doctor Who: The Eleventh Hour

Doctor: What does hate look like, Amy?
Amy: Hate?
Doctor: It looks like a dalek. And I'm going to prove it.
~ Doctor Who: Victory of the Daleks

Churchill: If Hitler invaded Hell, I would give a favourable reference to the Devil! These machines are our salvation.

Doctor: I don't know what you're up to professor. I don't know what they've promised you, but you can't trust them. The daleks are death.
Churchill: Yes Doctor! Death to our enemies! Death to the forces of darkness! And death to the Third Reich!
Doctor: Yes Winston, and death to everyone else too.

Ungatt Trunn

"My name is Jeff" ~ Greg Jenko

Life is too short to rush through it.

Luftwaffles

"Maybe someone could have come along and comforted him, told him things would get better, and helped him dry his eyes. But nobody did come, because nobody does; and under the crushing recognition of his gigantic error Jude continued to wish himself out of the world." - The AV Club (quoting Thomas Hardy's Jude The Obscure).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jetthebinturong

Strax: Colonel Manton, you will give the order for your men to withdraw.
Doctor: No. Colonel Manton, I want you to tell your men to run away.
Manton: What?
Doctor: Those words: run away. I want you to be famous for those exact words. I want people to call you Colonel Runaway. I want children laughing outside your door because they've found the house of Colonel Runaway. And when people come to you and ask if trying to get to me through the people I LOVE is in any way a good idea, I want you to tell them your name. Oh look I'm angry, that's new. I'm really not sure what's going to happen now.
Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules.
Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
~ Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War

Supreme Dalek: What do you want?
Doctor: Clara Oswald. I want Clara Oswald. Safe. Alive. And returned to me immediately. You bring her back. You do that. You do that now. Unharmed. Unhurt. Alive.
Supreme Dalek: Your associate-
Doctor: I saw what happened! I was there! But I'm hoping for all of our sakes that it was a trick.
Supreme Dalek: It was not a deception.
Doctor: Because if Clara Oswald is really dead... then you'd better be very, very careful how you tell me.
Missy: Listen to that. The Doctor without hope.
Doctor: Who's going to tell me? Who's going to go first?
Missy: Nobody is safe now.
Doctor: All the power that Davros had is mine! Everything he had, I have. Who's going to tell me that Clara Oswald is really dead?
Missy: He'll burn everything. Us too.
~ Doctor Who: The Witch's Familiar

Clara: We can fix this, can't we? We always fix it.
Doctor: No.
Doctor: *Turns to Me* But you can. Fix this. Fix it now.
Me: It's- It's not possible. I- I can't.
Doctor: Yes it is. You can and you will, otherwise this street will be over. I'll show you and all your funny little friends to the whole laughing world. I'll bring UNIT, I'll bring the zygons; give me a minute, I'll bring the daleks and the cybermen. You will save Clara. You will do it now or I will rain hell upon you for the rest of time.
Clara: Doctor stop talking like this.
Me: You can't.
Doctor: I can do whatever the hell I like. You've read the stories, you know who I am! And in all of that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me?
Me: I know the Doctor. The Doctor would nev-
Doctor: THE DOCTOR IS NO LONGER HERE, YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME! And I will end you and everything you love.
~ Doctor Who: Face the Raven

I love it when the Doctor gets angry. It shows how thoroughly inhuman he is.

Luftwaffles

"Decisions are make by people who have time not people who have talent" ~ Dilbert.

Luftwaffles

"Everything leads to the belief that the [Passenger] pigeons, which cannot endure isolation and are forced to flee or to change their way of living according to the rate at which North America is populated by the European inflow, will simply end by disappearing from this continent, and, if the world does not end this before a century, I will wager... that the amateur of ornithology will find no more wild pigeons, except those in the Museums of Natural History" ~ Bénédict Henry Révoil, 1856.

*The Passenger Pigeon became extinct in 1914.

Felldoh_b

At 14:46 Pacific Standard Time, 12 different locations around the world were breached, in what appears to be a coordinated attack by an unknown enemy. All breaches were along the coastline, in what is a campaign of rapid dominance. This is a textbook military invasion. There are massive casualties in New York, defensive lines are being setup in Boston, and at 13:15 Zulu Time we lost communications with San Francisco and San Diego, their status is unknown. What we do know is that we are the LAST offensive force on the west coast, we can NOT lose Los Angeles.
"No sir. I don't like it."

Ashleg

What's that a quote from?

The Skarzs

Battle: Los Angeles I think?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Felldoh_b

Carl Stargher: Why are you here... don't lie.
Catharine Deane: I came to help you.
Carl Stargher: You're lying! Bitch, whore... cunt!
Catharine Deane: You sound like your father.
Carl Stargher: My father?
Carl Stargher: [in a monster's voice] HE WAS NOTHING, HE IS NOTHING!
"No sir. I don't like it."