News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Makoto: Jeez, Nagisa. It feels like forever since you drowned Shinji in the deep end and tried to burn down the swim club!

Nagisa: Whatever. I did my time. Joined a prison swim team, got out on good behaviour. Hah, believe that.
Haru: You broke out, didn't you?
Nagisa: WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

Makoto: Man, wouldn't it be so crazy if we ran into Rin? Oh look, there he is.
Rin: Yo.
Nagisa: Rin? Oh thank god! I've been rolling with these honkies and I just about had it!
Rin (ignoring him): Hey Haru. You still hang around with these losers? I guess you'll never learn.
Haru: You still hang out... in... abandoned... buildings. (Whispers to himself) Got 'im.
Rin: Let's just skip all the fluff and get to the part where we're shirtless.
Haru: Fine.
(Rin and Haru walk away, Makoto and Nagisa watch them go)
Makoto: Nagisa, he called you a loser.
Nagisa: Ay yo, homeboy looks like Shark Week, I ain't messin' with that.

Haru: Rin. It all feels like a dream.
Makoto: It wasn't a dream! We got arrested for trespassing! WE WENT TO JAIL!
Nagisa: Nah man, we went to holdin'. There's a biiiig difference.
Haru: Whatever.
Makoto: No whatever. We only got out because Nagisa's friend paid bail!
Nagisa: Oh yeah. Now we owe Easter Dave a favour. That is not a position you wanna be in.
~ 50% Off episode 3: Breaking and Entering

Makoto: Was macing us really necessary after you remembered who we were?
Kou: After what he did to me?
Nagisa: You took the fall for me, and I said thank you.
Kou: I went to jail! I learned things. Terrible things.
Makoto: Are you sure you didn't just go to holding? I recently learned there's a big difference.
Kou (angrily): I spent six months at a correctional facility!
Makoto: Soooo, about Rin-
Kou: Who said anything about Rin? I stabbed a girl in the yard!
Nagisa: Cold-blooded.
Makoto: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU STABBED A GIRL IN THE YARD?
Kou: I mean- uh. Rin goes to Samezuka Academy, you should totally go check it out. I'm sure he'd love to see you guys or whatever.

Rin: Sounds like you want a race... to the death. Loser has to commit... Swimppuku. (His eye flashes)
Nagisa: That's not a real thing.
Rin: It is now!
~ 50% Off episode 4: Taking the Fall

Kou: After what he did to me?
Nagisa: I always said there's no cryin' over burned down houses.
~ 50% Off: Bonus 3

Makoto: W- WAIT! You guys aren't really gonna race to the DEATH, are you?
Rin: Of course we are! That's how they do it in Australia.
Nagisa: And prison!

Nagisa: 'Ey man, did you tivo Glee last night?
Makoto: WHO OWNS A TIVO?
Nagisa: I do! Easter Dave found a truck of 'em abandoned on the side of the road. Want one?
Makoto: No. And I'm not allowed to watch Glee. My dad says it might turn me into something bad.
Nagisa: Somethin' bad?
Makoto: A musical theatre major.

Kou: So did you guys meet up with Rin?
Nagisa: Yeah it was stupid. He showed up and challenged Haru to a death race! NEITHER ONE OF 'EM EVEN DIED!
Makoto: Oh yeah. I wonder how Haru got out of that?
(Flashback)
Rin: Okay Haru, time to kill yourself.
Haru: No I don't want to.
Rin: Okay, see ya later.

Kou: But I don't have time to worry about that. My parole officer says I need more extracurriculars, and they said they won't let me back into the sewing club, because apparently when I threaten someone with sewing needles, it's deemed "inappropriate" and "I have to leave."
Nagisa: That's a great idea!
Makoto: Threatening people with needles?
Nagisa: Yeeeeah. No. Wait. Starting a swim club!

Head Haru 1: Haru, if you join the swim team, you get to get in the pool.
Head Haru 2: But I don't want to join the swim team, Haru.
Head Haru 1: Okay, Haru, but hear me out. You get to go in the pool.
Head Haru 2: You make a compelling argument, Haru.
Head Haru 1: Thank you, Haru!

Head Haru 1: I like mackerel!
Head Haru 2: Me too, Haru.
Head Haru 3: I don't like mackerel.
Head Haru 2: Shut up, Haru.
~ 50% Off episode 5: Extracurricular
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

Maudie

"Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such infinite importance. The smallest good act today is the capture of a strategic point from which, a few months later, you may be able to go on to victories you never dreamed of. An apparently trivial indulgence in lust or anger today is the loss of a ridge or railway line or bridgehead from which the enemy may launch an attack otherwise impossible."
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

Makoto: Basically, Miss Amakata, we need a faculty advisor for the swim club we want to start, and we think you're the best option.
Miho: Swim club? But I teach literature.
Nagisa: A'ight, so I didn't wanna have to do this right at the start, but I represent a certain mutual acquaintance. One Easter Dave.
Miho: Alright you little rat, I'll start your stupid swim club, but you tell Easter Dave that he and I are even. I'm stealing some chemistry equipment for some stuff, and I can't have you small-time hoods messing that up.
Nagisa: Deal.
Makoto: Awesome! Wait, what just happened?
Nagisa: Bidness.

Receptionist: A guy with emotional issues who swims away his problems? Lady that's the whole team, you're gonna have to be more specific!
Kou: He's 6' 2" and has teeth like a shark?
Receptionist: That could be anyone!

Nagisa: Look, all I'm sayin' is we've done all the work. Least you could do is go down to 7-Eleven and get us some slushies and a carton of cigarettes. Menthols. Please.
Miho: Nagisa, if I get out of this chair, I guarantee you'll end up in one with wheels.
Nagisa: ... Okay, I'll admit. I'm a little threatened. Damn.

Head Haru 1: Painting sure is fun.
Head Haru 2: You know what else is fun? Killing your best friend.
Head Haru 1: That doesn't sound like fun at all, Haru.
Head Haru 2: Well how would you know? All you do is swim, Haru!
Head Haru 3: I think Haru is right. We should branch out in our hobbies, Haru.
Head Haru 4: Oh, Haru, Makoto's stopped talking. He wants you to respond. Say something stupid?
Haru: I wasn't thinking about killing you.
Makoto: Awww, thank you!
Head Haru 1: Nailed it!
~ 50% Off episode 6: Approved

Nagisa: This is a big pool. How many bodies you think fit in here? I'm gonna say... a lot. Looks like a lot.

(Police sirens in the background)
Nagisa: Yo, Miho, I don't think you shoulda busted through that police barricade. They really seem like they wanna arrest us now.
Makoto: It did cut our trip time in half.
Nagisa: That is true. Thanks Makoto. Silver linings.

Head Haru 1: And that gives me longest road, which is enough victory points to win Settlers of Catan.
Head Haru 2: I hate this game.
Head Haru 1: Why? It's so much fun.
Head Haru 2: Haru never trades with me. I have sheep and he has brick; I need the brick.
Head Haru 3: I don't need any sheep.
Head Haru 2: He doesn't need- *Sigh* Can we just play something else? Like Life? Or Sorry?
Head Haru 4: I wanna play Monopoly.
Head Haru 2: Nobody wants to play Monopoly, Haru!

Head Haru 1: Okay we're gonna play Slappers. We're gonna play in Complex. No Oddjob.
Head Haru 2: But I wanna be Oddjob.
Head Haru 1: Nobody's gonna be Oddjob! Okay? We already established that. Nobody plays Oddjob. Just be Jaws.
Head Haru 2: I don't wanna be Jaws, I wanna be Oddjob.
Head Haru 1: Just play Jaws! Haru, we all settled, we would play Goldeneye. You said that was fine.
Head Haru 2: I wanted to play Mario Kart.
Head Haru 1: Nobody else wanted to play Mario Kart! You get way too intense when you play Mario Kart.
Head Haru 2: It's a serious game. I pick Bowser, and I play to win.
~ 50% Off: Bonus 5

Nagisa:
Sho' 'nuff, I'm shota tough
Haters always on me 'cause they think I'm just small stuff
Kiddie pools
Swam up from the bottom now I'm killin' fools.
Thug Life anime school, catch me stuntin' with my Iwatobi crew
Makoto, Rei and my boy Haru.
SPLASH flow just like water and cash
Call me H2OH
DAMN
Other MCs get straight up tidal wave slammed
My gang goes ham and when you see us swimmin' better know we're in demand.
Rackin it up top shelf La Croix.
Yo crew is on sale, 50% off!​​​
~ SPLASH FREE - 50% Off Cover.

Makoto: Nagisa, we might want to put someone else in charge of recruitment.
Nagisa: Hey, I'm doin' my best, okay?
(Flashback)
Nagisa: Hey there suckas, you look like you wanna join the swim club, eh?
Student: Aren't you that guy that drowned a kid? And burned down that building? And sells whip-its under the bleachers?

Miho: HEY, KITTENPLAY! You were assigned to fix up this pool to distract the teachers from my... extra credit chemistry work. Now get back to it before you learn a lesson in post-war urban torture practices!
Nagisa & Makoto: YES MA'AM!
Miho: Wonderful! Remember, snitches get stitches!

Makoto: They're so fast!
Nagisa: Rin's pullin' ahead though. I think. Is Rin the jet plane firin' out unicorns or the gun with my mother's face?
Makoto: Nagisa, how much of that stuff did you HAVE?
Nagisa: I don't remember, man! I don't even remember who I am!

Nagisa: HEY, YO! YOU TELLIN' THAT STORY 'BOUT HOW HARU LOST THAT RACE?
Makoto: NAGISA, HE'S RIGHT THERE!
Nagisa: AH, NAH, HOMEBOY'S PULLIN A RAIN MAN RIGHT NOW. HE CAN'T HEAR ME. Check this, check this. Haaaruuuuuu, we're not gettin' a seeeason twooooooo.
Head Haru 1: Haru, they're talking about us again.
Head Haru 2: Haru, SH! I am trying to concentrate. Knight to Queen 4. Check.
Head Haru 1: Haru, this is checkers.
Head Haru 2: I HATE YOU.

Ran: You're just mad because mom and dad thought you were a girl for the first year of your life.
Makoto: Hey now, there's nothing wrong with that! Mom and dad thought the same of me, and I turned out just fine, right Dad?
Mr. Tachibana: Right son. And speaking of crushing disappointments, they finally started tearing down your old swimming club!

Sasabe: Ah, it's a dang shame. You can't stop the wheels of time, kid. First they're tearing down swim clubs, next thing y'know, the PDA're knockin' down MY door, tryna take away MY ostrich farm! What was I sayin'? Anyway, did you go to this club, kid?
Makoto: Wait... COACH SASABE?
Sasabe: THEY'RE MY OSTRICHES!!!
~ 50% Off episode 7: Headgames with Haru

Maudie

"Soccer is for kids, football is for woosies, rugby is for men." -Forever Strong
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Wylder Treejumper

"In our world," said Eustace, "a star is a huge ball of flaming gas."
"Even in your world, my son, that is not what a star is, but only what it is made of."

-C. S. Lewis, Voyage of the Dawn Treader
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

"Where's the happy little tire swing?"
-Delmar, Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

"My favorite color is spring!"

~Ivern the Green Father
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Maudie

Trying to remember how this quote goes...

"What you don't realize is that the future turns into the present, the present turns into the past, and the past turns into regrets..."

Or something like that.

That's from The Glass Menagerie, a play. I don't remember who the author was.

Jetthebinturong

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called 'present.'"
~ Oogway, Kung-Fu Panda

Hickory

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of our Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!"

-Prophet of Truth, Halo 3
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

"There was a very careful man,
Who never laughed or played.
He never risked, he never tried,
He never sang or prayed.
And when, on day he passed away,
His insurance was. . . denied! (Hah!)
Because he never really lived,
They claimed he never died."

John C. Maxwell
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Andy

"I feel like oftentimes people, they maybe fear or they don't understand something that's different and the most important thing is to always remember that if you are different, there's something about you that maybe people tell you is weird or wrong to always be strong in who you are and believe in yourself. I know that growing up, I wasn't always the popular or the cool kid, and even in my life, you know in my band and what we do, we're not always that band that is accepted by everybody else and we understand that. What we want to have is hopefully to cultivate a community for you guys so that you feel like you're a part of something and something that hopefully can benefit you throughout your life. If you are interested in our band now hopefully we can give you some strength to move forward in your life and do exactly what you wanna do and hopefully follow your dreams. So, at the end of the day, I think that as much as bullying or people being rude or mean to you, it may hurt now, and I understand why, but there's always a way out and you can't let someone put out your flame. Everyone has an internal flame and you have to let it burn."
-Andy Biersack
Only actions can speak the truth.

Hickory

"For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... our fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten."

Lord Hood, Halo 3
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.