News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

"So that's how it works. You plod along, putting one foot before the other, look up, and suddenly, there you are. Right where you wanted to be all along."
- a level-up quote from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This quote seems to apply to this school year.  I'm in some hard classes and have been struggling so far trying to keep up, but have been pushing through it, and all of a sudden I realize that I'm beginning to understand things more easily.

W0NWILL

"I think the Robot Devil said he loved me, in Bender's voice, wearing Granny Hester's clothes." ~Phillip Fry

"Stop bein' such a baby and chop my hands off!" ~Phillip Fry

"Elizabeth... it would never have worked between us darling. I'm sorry... Will... nice hat. Friends... This is the day that you will ALWAYS remember as the day that you...
[backs up and trips over ledge]"  ~Captain Jack Sparrow

Rainshadow

"I've been telling you this since in the beginning: you gotta round up your sons and all of their women... CUZ UR GOIN ON A BIG BOAT RIDE"  --  Adam Young (VIA Twitter)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Shut up and take my money! ~Phillip Fry

Redwallfan7

Mavis (mocking Dracula): But Mavy Wavy, It's not safe! Bleh, bleh, bleh.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Orinoco

"A mountain is a hill with attitude." - Adam Young

"Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that makes things difficult." - Adam Young

"Night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams they cannot keep." - Enya

"A little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

And, of course, the one in my signature (probably my favorite quote of all time):
"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth, from Pokemon

"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

These are going to be a bunch of Adam Young quotes, because I found a site that has real good ones.

"Telephone conversations still terrify me."  (I like it because I hate talking on the phone)

"There's a billion things to talk about, but life is short so I'll try to keep it brief."

Q:  If you could only have 1 more meal what would it consist of?
  A:  "Endless buffet.  Nailed it."

I like that last one the most, lol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Rainshadow on February 06, 2013, 01:57:01 AM

Q:  If you could only have 1 more meal what would it consist of?
  A:  "Endless buffet.  Nailed it."

That made me laugh. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

Come now, people who believe the world will come to a supernatural end should not make fun of other people who believe the world will come to a supernatural end just because they put a DATE on it. ~Unknown

Teamwork is a bunch of people doing what I say. ~Unknown

Tiria Wildlough

Random YouTuber: Please don't feed the trolls. Thankyou.
Other random YouTuber: Wouldn't know what to feed them! Do they eat dogfood?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

If you removed all the arteries, veins, & capillaries from a person's body, and tied them end-to-end...the person will die.

For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.

With automatic spell checkers running unleashed over what we compose, our era is that of correctly spelled typos.

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

In 5-billion yrs the Sun will expand & engulf our orbit as the charred ember that was once Earth vaporizes. Have a nice day.

just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't.

-- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Rainshadow

Another hilarious quote that I heard while watching a "Owl City talks about the Midsummer Station album" thing:

"There's a CD in here.  You can put it in your car, not in your microwave..."

Lol, the reason that cracks me up is the fact that he's holding up the CD, talking about it, then he just mumbles the "Not your microwave" part.  When I was watching it, that really took me by surprise.  I wasn't expecting him to say that, lol!

W0NWILL

There is simply nothing we can do about [atheism rising] but hope they do not treat christians the same way christians have treated them. ~Some pastor(name unknown)

WoodenSpoon

"Wrong is wrong, no matter how many people say it's right."
                                                                 -Ward Cleaver "Leave it to Beaver"

"Come back here you hairy little varmint! Get your paw-paw pickin' paws off of my pickled paw-paws!"
                                                                                                            -Granny "The Beverly Hillbillies."

"Busier then a one-legged grape stomper."
                                          - My dad.

"Any crash you can walk away from, is a good crash I always say."
                                                                      - Launchpad McQuack

"A saint sad is a sad saint."
                          - Unknown

"Happiness is the devil's worse enemy."
                                       Attributed to St. Philip.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000