News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Zef opened his eyes and tried to sit up, but Antura glared at him fiercely. "Ye just lay back down there, Zef. I don't know what happened t'ye, but ye've got t'let yer wounds heal." Too tired to argue, the old shrew did as he was told. "Antura, me darlin'- 'tis wonderful y'see ye, so 'tis. Where's Vash? If he hadn't helped me, I wouldn't be here 'tall, an' that's a fact." Antura's expression softened. "He's hurt, but bein' taken care of. He should-" she paused, then rephrased the thought. "I think he should be all right." "An' the squirrel an' Dibbun we rescued?" "The Dibbun is fine, but I haven't seen a squirrel."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

When Vash woke up, the hare's had done what they could and moved on. He got up, slowly and weakly, tell he was standing. Wincing in pain but still standing, he walked off into the woods. No matter how great Redwall was, he knew he couldn't stay. This wasn't a place for a weasel like himself. No matter how much he loved it. Vash was gone, thinking he'd never return.

OOC: Vash's ending in this rp, transition to next.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Inactive again! ARGH! Sorry, there I go again. ;D

Norham heard the minute rustle of the dead leaves and brush. His eyes gleamed with the moonlight. He slowly turned his head to Riggaeo's hiding spot.

Ooc: I'm probably gonna' end the RP soon. It's been fun guys!!  :D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Norham Waterpaw

Ok, when I said "end it soon" it didn't mean stop posting.   :P  Topic revive
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Zef looked concerned. "Really? You haven't seen 'er? A pure white squirrel is sort o' unusual..." Antura shot to her paws. "A pure white squirrel? Do you know what- nevermind. Where did you last see her?" The shrew gave a puzzled reply, and his old friend was off like an arrow from a bow.

Upon reaching the front gate, Antura found the area deserted, except for a jumble of pawtracks. Some led off into the woodlands, and vanished at the edge of the trees. "Blast it- those must be hers," Antura muttered angrily, then sighed. Once a squirrel was in the trees, it was nearly impossible to catch them. If that white-furred traitor wanted to run off, let her. Yet- Zef had said that she had been tied up with Jen. What had happened? Well, it didn't really matter now. Everybeast was safe in the abbey, as long as they kept proper diligence. Antura headed back inside for some well-deserved rest.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Norham bent down and grabbed the white wildcat. He hoisted him up in the air by the scruff of his neck.
Riggaeo sobbed. "What is it you want?!? I'll give you anythin- Augh!" Norham had gripped tighter.
By this time, his eyes were pure white.

Only the trees and the leaves witnessed the death of Riggaeo Starswift, by the paw of the lone survivor.

Ooc: Well, great. We still have an army, and an adder to take down. *slaps self* Why did I add the adder?

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Maybe the adder could attack the vermin camp (for some undisclosed reason, probably food), and they could kill it. Then, if Norham brought back Riggaeo, or his pelt or something, chances are the army would run. Who wants to face somebeast that killed their illustrious leader?

Or not. Just suggestions, as always, and I hope they help stimulate the brain-juices. ;D

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Gotcha.  :)

The battle at Redwall had died down. The vermin were routed, and the Salamandastron hares drew back.
As the minds of the returning vermin wore heavy, something caught everyone's attention.

Up atop their Banner Staff, something white shone in the sunlight. Everyone recognized the limp figure.
It was Riggaeo, strapped to their pride and joy of a banner. To say the least, this put a dampener on their day.

As if it wasn't bad enough, the weather turned sour. All the vermin fled for tents, and for hope.

Everybeast at Redwall held their breath. The vermin were either gone, too tired, or ready to strike; everybeast with their own and different opinion. Some waited for the end of Redwall, some just shrugged it off.
Abbess Emmery had her own opinion to give. Everybeast began filing into Great Hall, where she stood at a new podium, curtesy of Rigjim.

Ooc: Busy at the moment, posting soon.(ish)

Norham Waterpaw

As everybeast gathered in the musty old room, the Abbess gave the podium a whack to which her temperament was given credit. Silence filled the hall, aside from the occasional cough or shuffle.

After a long and awkward pause, she spoke. "Everybeast! Please, I believe we have routed the vermin, and we should relax, and be at peace! Please, everyone, the night is closing in, and you all need your rest. To the dormitories, please."

KitrallStreamrippler

Zef, who had finally gotten out of bed, balked at being sent back to it. "Dismissed t'bed like a naughty Dibbun- ah, sure, y'wouldn't do that t'me. Would ye, darlin'?"

Antura's much-needed nap was interrupted for the Abbess' announcement, and she was spittle grumpy that it was mostly an order to go to bed. The ottermaid faced her old friend firmly, scowling. "Oh? Ye need yer rest, an' I need mine. Don't make me knock ye out to put ye t'sleep."

Zef assented, without grumbling. In fact, he let out a bark of laughter. "Ain't I glad ye're safe, darlin'. Ain't I glad."

The two friends went up to the dormitories together, quite ready for the peace that was to come.

Norham Waterpaw

Ridgley was your average vermin. He also happened to be a watchman.
After a humiliating defeat that day, he was especially tired.
His eyes began to droop, and he eventually drifted off.
He woke suddenly to a crackling of dry brush. He grabbed his spear in vain, for he died before he could grasp it properly.

The Blake Snake had returned one last time.
Aargriss, the great Grandson of Baliss, had come for a feast tonight.
He slithered through the camp, hitting off the ones nearest the forest.

Norham Waterpaw

~* 6 Months Later *~

Notation, written by Abbey Scribe: Friar Goodthistle

Things have been peaceable ever since the vermin left us.
It is almost time for the Autumn Feast, and ever Dibbun in Redwall is waiting for my masterpiece, a giant 5 tiered cake with fruits and preserves inside. I'm going to glaze it with honey, and-

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Heh, we got tha' mouse! Slit 'is throat we did! Didn' we Rath?"

"Yes we did Grod. This Abbey was certainly a great spot to raid, eh Tzarin?"

~Continued in Retake Redwall