News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Musicals

Started by Lily, April 04, 2013, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

I like the Disney musicals, but sometimes the thought of a cartoon musical makes me roll my eyes, for some reason. ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Maudie

Aaayyy, musicals! I love musicals. Haven't seen very many, but I do love them.

My current favorites are Beauty and the Beast (2017) and Les Miserables. My favorite song from BatB is Evermore, and my favorite song from Les Mis is Bring Him Home, with ABC Cafe/the Red and Black song as a close second.

Also, I really like this Les Mis medley by Peter Hollens.

I've actually been really into Disney musicals lately as well. I love Moana and Hercules especially.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Andy

Hercules is really good.

I honestly love musicals, but my all time favorite one is The Rocky Horror Picture Show (which... I'll go ahead and advise the majority of you not to ever watch, let's put it like that...). I also wanna see the Broadway version of The Lion King sometime; I've heard all the songs and seen some of the performances and it's beautiful (and The Lion King was my favorite film for most of my life, if it isn't to this day).
Only actions can speak the truth.

Ashleg

Saw Hamilton in February--and boy was it super.

Might see Wicked in December with my mom.

MeadowR

I've been to more at the theatre since that 2013 (probably incomplete) list of mine:

Billy Eilliot
War of the Worlds (brillianttttt experience!)
Mary Poppins
The Sound of Music
Something Rotten (on Broadway!)
The Buddy Holly Story

All very well done!!

Obviously I've also seen a lot of musicals through their film versions (such as Disney's many Classics!). The Rocky Horror Picture Show, as Andy mentions, is good! But, yeah... not everybody's cup of tea. XD

I do keep hearing about Hamilton. In fact, that was one we were considering going to see when we decided to go and see Something Rotten instead (which was good and amusing). Perhaps Hamilton will come to the West End at some point. Even better if it were to tour. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Blaggut

Considering I'm panromantic/pansexual its pretty much a given I /LOVE/ musicals.
~Just a soft space boi~

Krantor the Brutal

Haven't seen on in forever.
My Fair Lady
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Rosie Willowwater

I am really obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen now. Like, really obsessed. This is worse than Hamilton.

Upsidedown mouth breather

I love musicals, and I've been in Les Miserables and Seussical!

Ashleg

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on December 13, 2017, 06:53:41 PM
I am really obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen now. Like, really obsessed. This is worse than Hamilton.

More than HAMILTON?!

You...are a...traitor, a traitor to the crown!

321tumbler

It's such a good musical though! It is absolutely amazing.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Does anyone like last ship the musical?
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

Nadaz, voice of the host

Shipbuilding the songs are great
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

luckyjack

I'm fond of Sting and Bon Jovi
here is my fav song