News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Noonvale

Started by Ungatt Trunn, April 30, 2013, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

This just a topic were you talk about Noonvale and stuff connected with it.
Personolly, I wish that BJ had included it more in his books. It only really appears once and is refrenced to once, but besides that, theres nothing more about it. I wish BJ had written a Redwall story that had Noonvale actully appearing in it. Even more, I wish that he would have done something like that that involves Martin the Warrior.
Thoughts?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

T=I wish it appeared in another book, as you said, and that there was possibly a battle there. Like, imagine Martin rushing to Noonvale to save the people there because they were in trouble. 

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 01, 2013, 12:21:24 AM
T=I wish it appeared in another book, as you said, and that there was possibly a battle there. Like, imagine Martin rushing to Noonvale to save the people there because they were in trouble. 
I'd like to see a Fanfict about that!

Shadowed One

I know Free Thought wrote one about that. It was VERY good!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 02, 2013, 12:52:57 PM
Yea, that one was really cool! Really Tragic, but REALLY cool!

CrazyPug37

A fanfiction about Noonvale would be fun to create, but I would hope that it would include Florian.
(And a salad fork).
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 02, 2013, 11:09:30 PM
A fanfiction about Noonvale would be fun to create, but I would hope that it would include Florian.
(And a salad fork).
There are at least 3 stories about it, as far as I know. They can be found in the Fan Fiction Board.

Shadowed One

Yeah, I started "The Blade of Noonvale" but found it rather uninteresting.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 03, 2013, 12:48:36 AM

Yes that's a good one.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 03, 2013, 01:20:32 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on May 03, 2013, 12:48:36 AM

Yes that's a good one.
I havn't read than one yet. What is it about?

Free Thought

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 02, 2013, 11:04:45 PM

Thanks guys for the praise!

Now, the one thing I am interested in is what happens to Noonvale after MTW.  We know that it continues into the time of Mariel and Dandin since Aubretia talks to blind Brother Saxtus, (and they talk about Mariel and Dandin), and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a book (can't remember which one) that mentions The Noonvale Troupe or Players or something referencing Noonvale? 

I am surprised Jacques did not use it, or the North in general more, however, perhaps he was just done with it... but I'm not..... ;)  :o hahaha

Anyways, any thoughts on what could have happened, and by that I mean how Noonvale would have evolved (or didn't evolve) over the years?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Free Thought on May 06, 2013, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 02, 2013, 11:04:45 PM

Thanks guys for the praise!

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a book (can't remember which one) that mentions The Noonvale Troupe or Players or something referencing Noonvale? 

The book is Marlfox. And yes, they are mentioned as being from Noonvale. But besides that, there is no other refrence of Noonvale after that.
Quote from: Free Thought on May 06, 2013, 12:03:32 AM
Anyways, any thoughts on what could have happened, and by that I mean how Noonvale would have evolved (or didn't evolve) over the years?
Redwall Abbey stayed  pretty much the same through the series, so wouldn't Noonvale  stay the same as well?

Maudie

I'm  currently writing a fanfic 'bout Noonvale, but it's pretty disorganized and I don't know if I'll ever finish it ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Shadowed One

If you do, please show us!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, it vould be intereztin' tae zee!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.