Noonvale

Started by Ungatt Trunn, April 30, 2013, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

Noonvale always makes me sad. Laterose came from there and so I always feel like all the characters from there will die. :( Sort of silly of me.

Shadowed One

I see what you mean.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

I just wish that it appeared in more Redwall books. That probably the reason why all of the fan fictions that I have read so far have either creatures that live in Noonvale or if Noonvale appears physically.

Life is too short to rush through it.

General Ironbeak

Ah yes, Noonvale. I used to wish it would appear in future books, until someone I knew who'd read the books pointed out that it's location became a secret to everyone after Martin died.

Ungatt Trunn

I think that it would be interesting if Noonvale was re-visited when Martin was still alive...I actually read a Fan Fiction where he does that. Quite interesting, to say the least!

Gonff the Mousethief

I always wondered where noonvale was. is in the north or far east?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

General Ironbeak

Far north. I had a map of the Redwall countries for reference :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: General Ironbeak on December 25, 2013, 08:20:35 PM
Far north. I had a map of the Redwall countries for reference :)
Yea, I have one too. Your story checks out. ;D

TW

Ah, Noonvale. Something about it makes me want to live there even more than Redwall. Er, I would live there, as in the conditional tense, as in if it were possible.;) I really loved how it was animated in the show and I wish Chris Baker or Sean Rubin had done artwork of it at some point. Especially since there isn't any really great artwork from that book. Does Noonvale remind anyone else of Rivendell?
"In my books there is life and death. Goodies get killed as well as baddies. It's not like Walt Disney where there are singing teapots and we all go over the hill singing bobbidy-bobbidy-boo at the end so goodies get killed as well as baddies." -Brian Jacques

Gonff the Mousethief

YES. I thought of it just like Rivendell. just with moles and hedgehogs and mice and other animals ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Kitsune

Quote from: TW on December 31, 2013, 04:58:41 PM
Ah, Noonvale. Something about it makes me want to live there even more than Redwall. Er, I would live there, as in the conditional tense, as in if it were possible.;) I really loved how it was animated in the show and I wish Chris Baker or Sean Rubin had done artwork of it at some point. Especially since there isn't any really great artwork from that book. Does Noonvale remind anyone else of Rivendell?
DARN! You beat me to the LOTR reference!! :D (I'm an epic fan)

It reminds me more of Lorien, because both are more secret, both are closer to the woods (verses Rivendell's big, beautiful buildings and the big open space) and they both have a husband and wife who rule it.

Ungatt Trunn

@TW: Well, sort of. Just, its a little more "simple" than Rivendell.

Kitsune

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 04, 2014, 09:22:28 PM
@TW: Well, sort of. Just, its a little more "simple" than Rivendell.
Yep. Just a little. ;D

The Skarzs

*Uses a defibrilator on the topic.*

So, Noonvale is a town with the spirit of Redwall. Both places are aware of each others' existence, as evident by the mousemaid whose grandsire was Brome of Noonvale, who came to visit Redwall and told Martin's story.
So why is it that after this, there is no mention of it, nor any effort to further communicate between the two settlements? (They don't even need a duck to fly over the ocean like in High Rhulain. . .) It seems to me like a lot could be done if they connected.

Thoughts?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SoranMBane

Well, they are quite far away from each other. Plus Noonvale doesn't have the luxury of Redwall's walls, so their only real defense is their secrecy. It seems reasonable then that Noonvale wouldn't want to reach out too much, and that Redwall would respect their wishes by not risking contact with them.