News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

If you wish to switch your profile theme,  you would click on either the "summary", "account settings", or "forum profile" buttons in the drop-down menu under the "account" button at the top of the page.
From there, click on "Look and Layout" and the topmost option will show "current theme -abbey custom" Click on "change", scroll down to the Abbey custom themes, and select "Afterdark." Tell it to "use this theme" and you should be good to go.

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 17, 2021, 05:31:25 PM
Tezt
[close]

Ach... Ah jzut tried tae inzert an image from ze Ztar Varz viki. Viz ze original vay ze link looked:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d7/Krannus.png/revision/latest?cb=20121028233530
Ze picture vidnae zhae, but vhen Ah removed everyzin' after ze png, ze picture zhovz up. It lookz loike zat problem vaz zolved.
I wonder if it may have to do with the site trying to read non-image data, or wikipedia trying to send it.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

WorshipTiria

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tva queztionz:

Vot 'appened tae ze forum?

Iz zere zome vay Ah can 'oide ze quick reply zin' at ze bottom o' ze page? Ah'm nae really intae uzin' it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tungro

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on February 15, 2022, 05:48:54 PMVot 'appened tae ze forum?
My guess is SMF got an update (the forum platform)

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on February 15, 2022, 05:48:54 PMIz zere zome vay Ah can 'oide ze quick reply zin' at ze bottom o' ze page? Ah'm nae really intae uzin' it.
You can still use the normal reply, the quick reply has never not been there as far as I know

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vot ve've ad previouzly zough 'ad zummat vhere ye could adjuzt yer zettingz or zummat zat let ye 'oide it or turn it off, und if ye tried tae reply tae zomebeazt'z pozt yer reply vidnae immediately get put in ze quick reply feature. Tiz really irritatin' tae me vhen it daez zat.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Verdauga

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on February 16, 2022, 04:24:24 PMVot ve've ad previouzly zough 'ad zummat vhere ye could adjuzt yer zettingz or zummat zat let ye 'oide it or turn it off, und if ye tried tae reply tae zomebeazt'z pozt yer reply vidnae immediately get put in ze quick reply feature. Tiz really irritatin' tae me vhen it daez zat.
I meant to answer this the other day, sorry.

To summarize the answer to your first question: Around the ninth of February, the forum stopped working due to backend changes on the server software being incompatible with the forum software. Fortunately, we were able to get it back up and running, but the staff decided it would be the best option to upgrade the forum software to ensure the forum would not go down again in the near future. This is what the new software looks like so far.

As to your second question: The option to hide quick reply by default is not contained in the stock forum software anymore, and was lost in the update.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Every toime Ah try tae pozt a picture in a zpoiler box ze picture daeznae zhov up- but ze picture zhovz up juzt foine vhen nae in a zpoiler box. Tiz been loike ziz ever zince ze forum changed. Any ideaz on 'ov Ah can pozt picturez in zpoiler boxez?

Verdauga

I tried it myself and it worked fine, so I'm gonna ask if you've done a "hard refresh" on your browser. That will draw all the information from the site again, and not from your browser's cache, and may solve your issue.

(to do a hard refresh on most operating systems, hold down the control key and press f5.)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Spoiler
[close]

Nyet, tiz ztill nae vorkin'- Ah'm tryin' it in ziz pozt viz an onion picture but tiz nae zhovin' up. Any ozer ideaz?

EDIT: Aaach... It didnae zhov up in ze pozt previev, but it did zhov up in ze actual pozt. Iz zat 'appenin' fer anyone elze?

WorshipTiria

Is there a a way to delete a message?
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Tungro

Quote from: WorshipTiria on February 03, 2023, 05:53:56 AMIs there a a way to delete a message?
No, only mods can delete messages

Verdauga