News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Looking for some Sprite Art Buddies! :D (Also nice ta meetchya)

Started by NightThornFox, September 17, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Welcome to the forums, NightThornFox!

I'm Rus, I'm entirely sane, ignore what anyone else says about me.

I've done a little bit of sprite art, modifying Starbound assets mostly.

NightThornFox

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 18, 2014, 04:58:22 PM
Welcome to the forums, NightThornFox!

I'm Rus, I'm entirely sane, ignore what anyone else says about me.

I've done a little bit of sprite art, modifying Starbound assets mostly.

Thank you ^^ and that's neat, I think i fiddled with that game's assets myself. Well, if you're interested in giving it a try, just start from scratch and see what you can come up with.

Rusvul

Yes, Starbound is quite an easy game to mod, isn't it? Nice comprehensible code. Like it.

Faiyloe

This looks neat I have messed around with this sort of thing before but have never mastered the coding necessary. I could give the art a try however... *goes and sees what I can do* 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

NightThornFox

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 18, 2014, 11:39:56 PM
This looks neat I have messed around with this sort of thing before but have never mastered the coding necessary. I could give the art a try however... *goes and sees what I can do* 

Thank you! ^^ I appreciate you giving it a try. Did you see my response earlier in the thread of what I'd like to see as an example?

A front facing idle animation (a single sprite would be fine for the time being) with detail similar to Megaman X (if you've ever played or seen it you should know what i'm talking about but i posted a link to a picture)

You can do any animal as the character, but bonus props for doing a fox (there's a good reason for that too).

Faiyloe

I am half way threw and yes I did see the picture. My fox however turned into a very good looking rat. Aside from that it is very good. So far, still have a chance to ruin it.  :P

Rusvul

I'm not sure I can make a sprite along the lines of Megaman X... More detail than I think I can do, I'm not the greatest sprite artist. Mostly I've just modified them. Might be able to do a weapon or something, though... I dunno.

Unimaginative

Hi, and welcome to the forums NightThorn. I can do pixel art alright, don't know if that's what you really need. Animation, on the other hand, is beyond me. If you need a non-animated sprite, I'd be happy to give it a shot though.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

NightThornFox

Quote from: HanNorwood on September 20, 2014, 05:20:42 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forums NightThorn. I can do pixel art alright, don't know if that's what you really need. Animation, on the other hand, is beyond me. If you need a non-animated sprite, I'd be happy to give it a shot though.

If you can just do still sprites, even those can be useful, heck, if I need something animated, if you're good enough, you can just make a still image, and then I could see about finding someone else to animate it :D

Go ahead and see what you can do! I'd love to see.

NightThornFox

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 19, 2014, 02:59:43 PM
I am half way threw and yes I did see the picture. My fox however turned into a very good looking rat. Aside from that it is very good. So far, still have a chance to ruin it.  :P

Awesome! ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing what you have!

Faiyloe

Her it is

and here is an expanded version.

I can draw the frames for animation but I can't do the actual programming for that.

CaptainRocktree

WOW This looks great!
Sadly I cant do anything but give moral support :P But I could create a Website for the game if you want (Im still a beginner at websites but Ill try!)
Also keep this safe from Lord TBT he will probably ruin your plans :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 21, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
Her it is

and here is an expanded version.

I can draw the frames for animation but I can't do the actual programming for that.

WOAH! :D That looks real good! And don't worry, literally ALL you need to do is make the frames for the animation, I will be the one worrying about all the programming.
Do you have a Skype account? I'd love to talk about this more with you.

NightThornFox

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 21, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
WOW This looks great!
Sadly I cant do anything but give moral support :P But I could create a Website for the game if you want (Im still a beginner at websites but Ill try!)
Also keep this safe from Lord TBT he will probably ruin your plans :P

Haha, i appreciate the offer, but I haven't even started making the game yet. I don't want to be too ambitious, because then I'll just end up disappointing myself. However, If i make a thread in the future looking for someone to help me make a website, feel free to offer your assistance :)

Faiyloe

I would warn you now that double posting is frowned upon if you want to add to your past there is a shiny edit button at the bottom right corner of your post.  ;D

As for the skype I have been having problems with it. I would not be aloud to video chat with you anyway. Only text chat. For now you can just PM me instead till I get that fixed though if you would still prefer Skype.

Oh and here is a fox for you.

and the close up version