News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edraithel

I've seen Pyscho pass it was a really good anime, a bit gory but left you with good discussions because of it's theme of morals and living in a world run by fear.

Anime's I've seen: FMA, FMA Brotherhood (a favorite of mine), OHHC, Bleach, Trigun, Nabari, Soul Eater, D. Gray Man (one of my all time favorites), Blood+, some of fairy tail, saw some of Naruto but honestly it didn't captivate me much, and many more, I'm just blanking on them right now.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Rainshadow

I've heard a little bit about Psycho Pass, but not much.  What's it about?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

I've been told that I would enjoy Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood...

The Mask

Mmm. You might. It's pretty interesting. I like the story but not the art style.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 03, 2015, 06:59:46 AM
I've been told that I would enjoy Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood...

I think you'd enjoy it quite a bit.  It's got a captivating storyline, awesome characters, and it has alchemy, which is awesome.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

I've been told to watch the original first but whatever

For Rain: A Psycho Pass review (No spoilers)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

REVIVE! :D

What's an anime with no gore, no swearing, and no nudity?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 11, 2015, 05:57:01 AM
REVIVE! :D

What's an anime with no gore, no swearing, and no nudity?

Ouran High School Host Club
Free! has shirtlessness but no full-on nudity

Out of the anime I've watched (Which is those, Attack on Titan and a few episodes of Golden Time) those spring to mind

Lady Ashenwyte

*Revives*

Does anyone here watch/has watched Kemono no Souja Erin? Awesome anime, just finished it today.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

*Revive*

Anyone read any manga that they'd wanna recommend?  Preferably something more shounen than shoujo, though I wouldn't be opposed to reading any shoujo recommendations.  I'm just more in the mood for action than romance currently.  ;)

Dannflower Reguba

Ever heard of Fairy Tail? 200 episodes out of the anime, and even more in the manga.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 16, 2015, 04:38:44 AM
       Ever heard of Fairy Tail? 200 episodes out of the anime, and even more in the manga.

I've heard of it, although I've been rather reluctant to start as there are so many episodes.  :P  (This coming from the girl who watched two hundred episodes of Supernatural in about five months.  :P)  I might start the manga once I'm finished with either Tokyo Ghoul or Alive: The Final Evolution, though.  (I'm about halfway through Tokyo Ghoul, so I don't think it'll take me too terribly long to finish it.)

Thanks for the suggestion, though!  I'll be sure to check it out at some point in the future (probably in a month or two).  :)

Jetthebinturong

I'm saving all the really long anime for last. I'll be watching Death Note next when I finally get around to it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 16, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
I'll be watching Death Note next when I finally get around to it.

Dooo iiiit!  I still haven't finished that one (I keep trying to finish all the anime that I'm watching, but since I watch it so late at night, some nights I just don't feel up to watching anything), but it's really good.  Misa's kind of annoying, though.  But that's okay; L makes up for that.