News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Map of The Redwall World!

Started by NightThornFox, December 18, 2014, 12:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightThornFox

Heyya guys! Been a while but I've been pretty busy. I recently started work on programming that Redwall fan game I wanted to do and I realized I wanted some kind of map in the game. I had seen someone make a crude map of the Redwall world before, so I decided to try my own hand at it! I looked through the maps provided by all the Redwall books and came up with my own interpretation of the known Redwall world!

...Also you have to give me props because Brian was REALLY bad at keep his maps consistent...

Be sure to open the image in a new tab so you can read it!

The Skarzs

Impressive! I must admit it's quite the map, with all the areas in all the Redwall world.
One thing, though: Rivers don't start from oceans and lead to other oceans. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

NightThornFox

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 18, 2014, 12:48:47 AM
Impressive! I must admit it's quite the map, with all the areas in all the Redwall world.
One thing, though: Rivers don't start from oceans and lead to other oceans. ;)

Yea? Well you shoulda told Brian that, not me. Also, I think a river could go from ocean to ocean if the level of the land beneath the river was already low enough for the water from the ocean to flow down it.

The Skarzs

They wouldn't be rivers, then. :P Rivers are freshwater: if they were connected on both mouths by saltwater, they would eventually just mix.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

NightThornFox

True, this is also a completely different world, anyways, so for all we know, there is no saltwater, and the gravitational pull from the moon's orbit allows rivers to flow one direction from one sea to another.

Regardless it doesn't matter, like I said, I was just interpreting the maps provided by Brian. What I have is all that really made sense given the portions of the mainland we could see.

The Skarzs

I wasn't meaning to criticize, sorry. Just making an observation.
Other than that, I think that it's an amazing map. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

NightThornFox

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 18, 2014, 01:03:02 AM
I wasn't meaning to criticize, sorry. Just making an observation.
Other than that, I think that it's an amazing map. :)

Oh, no, you're fine, I was just explaining my reasoning :p

Fun-fact: Originally the North end of the map actually continued up into the unseen distance, but I thought connecting the two oceans at the top and turning the continent into a peninsula would make it look a lot cooler and add more character to the land.

Hickory

Sweet! I'm currently working on a map of north mossflower, with no chosen time period (though I included caves in the northern mountains)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

That's interesting; I've always wanted to see something like this. I like it a lot :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Okay I just realized that Luke's caves were really far from Badrang's castle, so Badrang must have taken a longggggg walk to the coasts.

Jukka the Sling

I like it!

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on December 31, 2014, 09:23:23 PM
Okay I just realized that Luke's caves were really far from Badrang's castle, so Badrang must have taken a longggggg walk to the coasts.
Marshank wasn't built at that time. According to the Redwall Wiki, Badrang had scuppered his ship on the west coast, fairly near Luke's caves. He started enslaving creatures, and finally marched overland all the way to the east coast where he forced the slaves to build Marshank.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Nice map, but why not a bit of the Lands of Ice and Snow?  ;)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 01, 2015, 03:57:13 PM
I like it!

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on December 31, 2014, 09:23:23 PM
Marshank wasn't built at that time. According to the Redwall Wiki, Badrang had scuppered his ship on the west coast, fairly near Luke's caves. He started enslaving creatures, and finally marched overland all the way to the east coast where he forced the slaves to build Marshank.

Correct, now that I think about it.

Captain Tammo

Wow this came out great! I especially love how you did the map from Mattemeo and incorporated that into the design.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior