Favorite Character?

Started by Lady Cregga, February 23, 2015, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 05, 2015, 01:04:28 AM
Rose is definitely my favorite character in the entire series. She really fills the role of the female lead with something that none of the previous ones could... like bringing some balance in between Constance's abusive use of force and Cornflower's ingenious schemes.

It is hard not to like her :P

Hey! Don't rip on Constance! Constance was the best character in the original Redwall:P I can't really pick, pretty much any squirrel primary character, Dann, Sam, Song, Not Rakkety Tam as much, what's her face the squirrel queen from Mossflower, etc... I really like Rose too, she was the only mouse that I actually REALLY liked as a character, they were often so bland and run-of-the-mill. I simply enjoy squirrel personality more than the others, they're often excited, eager, and caring characters with a proficiency in a multitude of areas (A lot of Recorders, Cooks, Leaders, and Champions, etc. were squirrels). There were a couple of moles that made great side characters.... I can't come up with any of the ones I really liked right now though.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Russano the Wise

I can't just name one character because that would be difficult, but three of my favorites would be Luke the Warrior, Russano the Wise, and Russa Nodrey. I've always liked Luke; he was a great character and had several very memorable quotes in The Legend of Luke. Russano was always one of my favorites because of his personality and how different he was from other badgers. I loved how he was a very peaceloving, kind, wise badger that was able to control his bloodwrath. And Russa was another great character. The scene where she dies protected the baby Russano has always been really sad for me. Plus she was the original owner of one of my favorite weapons from the series and she wrote one of my favorite songs, The Song of the Stick.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

LT Sandpaw

Characters such as Warbeak and the other airborne characters such as bats always had a particular likability, I liked characters that made a impact on the story but weren't really in the spotlight Such as Shadow and Ascrod who were very interesting characters.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

rrrrr

Leatho Shellhound was pretty awesome  8)

Tiria Wildlough was cool :)
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Stonestripe

Russano the Wise, Gonff, and Mask. Those would be my top but I have a huge list of favorites.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Dibbun Against Bedtime

If I had too make a lizt:

1. Lord Brocktree
2. Martin ze Warrior
3. Arven
4. Jar Jar Binks  ;D Matthias
5. Rasconza
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Edraithel

Yes Lord Brocktree!! I really like any of the badgers they're so majestic and awesome!
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Edraithel on May 05, 2015, 03:05:56 AM
Yes Lord Brocktree!! I really like any of the badgers they're so majestic and awesome!

And definitely not completely over-powered in every way.

;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skyblade

As stated before, it's difficult to choose one favorite character from the whole series :) I don't have one, but I have always liked The Mask. He was a cool and unique otter, and his bravery and sacrifice in the rescue of two young hedgehogs he didn't even know very well shows that he was a true, noble warrior as well.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Edraithel

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 07, 2015, 05:55:32 PM
Quote from: Edraithel on May 05, 2015, 03:05:56 AM

And definitely not completely over-powered in every way.

;D

Their roles as rulers and protectors have always appealed to me and yes they are often times overpowered but it makes sense they are bigger compared to the other creatures of Redwall. Their prophetic vision and the spiritual side they have is also intriguing to me.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Vilu Daskar

Martin
Buckler
Skor
Tam
Sunflash
Gonff
Tagg
Finnbarr
Skipper in general
Rake
Might add more later.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Maudie

While I could never choose a favorite character, I am a fan of Mad Maudie. She's resourceful, brave, a little on the innocent side, capable of taking care of herself, and a nice person --er, beast-- to boot.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lady Ashenwyte

CONSTANCE! She's one of my favourites.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.