The New Forum Layout

Started by Captain Tammo, April 01, 2015, 02:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! ;D
I loved the Castaways series so much! They were just fantastic! To see how the forum layout has changed reignites the old fire and makes me want to re-read the trilogy! There are so many references on the names of the new boards that feel like inside-jokes for those who have read the trilogy. I think this is really just because far more people have read Redwall (I mean, look at the website title!).

Anyway I'll stop myself before I ramble. So while I go order Urso Brunov and The Ribbajack, I need to ask...

How do you feel about the new forum layout?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

I'm still (mostly) convinced that it's part of the April Fool's prank.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Gonff the Mousethief

I feel your enthusiasm Tammo! It is just GREAT! I do miss the old layout, but this one is good anyway!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

Guys this has to be a prank, does no one remember when the naughty dingus took over?
~Just a soft space boi~

Gonff the Mousethief

That one was great. Sadly, I was not here when they did the Salamandastron one.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 01, 2015, 02:51:30 AM
I'm still (mostly) convinced that it's part of the April Fool's prank.

It must be... otherwise I think I'm gonna be sick (because... I cannot remember which board does what ;D).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

CaptainRocktree

http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1660.0

Take a look at the 2012 prank  :P. James Grphyon came up with the idea and they changed the layout I think its April Fools  ;D.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Captain Tammo

*sigh* yeah I didn't realize what day it was until school. Still, it'd be cool if they changed the layout for a longer time period!

Oh well, they had me convinced!

GG mods, GG
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

CaptainRocktree

Yeah... We really do need a Castaways forums. There isn't even ONE in existence. The mods should start one  :P.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lutra

Castaways alone as a forum topic probably wouldn't survive.  You'd need Redwall to keep it afloat.  (bad joke) :D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Lutra on April 23, 2015, 01:19:23 AM
Castaways alone as a forum topic probably wouldn't survive.  You'd need Redwall to keep it afloat.  (bad joke) :D

^^ true. I don't think it'd get enough activity to be its own forum. For now at least, it's living in Redwall's shadow (which actually can be quite nice on a hot summer's day...)

rrrrr

What happened here April Fools?
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Banya

The mods replaced the Redwall-themed name of each board (except Forum Games) with a name based on the Castaways trilogy.  Ex. Caves of Razan, Dutchman's Deck, and others.

Luftwaffles

^
And it was incredibly confusing.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!