News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Apple Turnovers

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 04:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Apple Turnovers

-1 package of active dry yeast
-1/4 cup of warm water
-Half a stick of butter
-1 cup of milk
-6 tablespoons of sugar
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-4 1/2 cups of flour

Filling:
-1/2 cup of apple butter
-3 tablespoons of chopped apple
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes In a saucepan, cook the milk and butter in low heat until the butter is melted. Stir into the yeast and water. Let it stand for three minutes. Stir in the sugar and salt. Add the flour gradually until dough forms. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Place in bowl and cover for about 1 hour. To make filling, blend all the ingriedients until well mixed. Punch the dough and roll it out. Cut them into 4" squares. Spread filling into the center of each square and fold into triangles. Pinch their edges. Place triangles on a greased baking sheet and cover for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Bake pockets until golden--about ten minutes. Yield: 5 turnovers. You might want to substitute other jams and fruit for the apple.

This recipe was contributed by Strawberri Redfur.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.