News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Signature Above Me

Started by Nightfire, September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Alaz fer ze auld dayz, eh?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Cornflower MM

I love that last quote. ;D

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 25, 2017, 11:46:06 PM
I agree with not abusing animals or hunting them down to extinction, but we must also remember people's needs override those of animals...

*Chokes* ?!

Oh wait. My bad, it's a Christian thing isn't it.

Lady Ashenwyte

You're a valued and appreciated member of this community. Thank you.

Quote from: Peony on March 30, 2017, 03:52:15 PM
I agree with not abusing animals or hunting them down to extinction, but we must also remember people's needs override those of animals...

*Chokes* ?!

I'm not Christian and I agree with Ungatt, and I suspect that many other people who are not Christian would agree with him too.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ungatt Trunn

"Crusader" is actually one of my favorite words  ;D

*Chokes* ?!

Even from a secularist perspective, the valuing of humans over animals at its simplest form can easily be justified as "survival of the fittest"  ;)

Life is too short to rush through it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 31, 2017, 04:00:05 PM

*Chokes* ?!

Even from a secularist perspective, the valuing of humans over animals at its simplest form can easily be justified as "survival of the fittest"  ;)

If ah didnae ken better ah vid actually foind zat 'umanz vid be lezz valuable zan Animalz, but really av are equal. Ze only lezzer loife-forme iz ze vone zat 'auldz itzelf above anozer. Excluded from zat zough are Weasels. Weasels Rule!

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 31, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

*Chokes* ?!

If ah didnae ken better ah vid actually foind zat 'umanz vid be lezz valuable zan Animalz, but really av are equal. Ze only lezzer loife-forme iz ze vone zat 'auldz itzelf above anozer. Excluded from zat zough are Weasels. Weasels Rule!
Ah, but then that wouldn't work with the reality of "survival of the fittest" - there would have to be some overarching moral authority over the universe to decide that all living things had the exact same amount of value. That would contradict the ideals of secularism, and a more religious-leaning belief would have to be accepted...

But I digress. I had no idea Yomin Carr bwas from the Star Wars universe...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jetthebinturong

In the end, isn't that all we can ask for?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Luftwaffles

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ashleg

Yomin Carr sounds like a scary dude.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Ashleg

BLUE!!!
THE TEXT IS BLUE!!!!!!

Quote from: Søren on August 25, 2017, 03:36:21 AM
NO, WE HAVE A TOYOTA

(This is actually a joke I have with my dad, that Barbossa sells Honda Accords. So I laughed.) ;D

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

I didn't know people could be pink! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

That's a cool song. What is it?

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 31, 2017, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on March 31, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

*Chokes* ?!

Ah, but then that wouldn't work with the reality of "survival of the fittest" - there would have to be some overarching moral authority over the universe to decide that all living things had the exact same amount of value. That would contradict the ideals of secularism, and a more religious-leaning belief would have to be accepted...

But I digress. I had no idea Yomin Carr bwas from the Star Wars universe...
Sorry to dredge this up, but "survival of the fittest" refers to adaptations within a species, it has nothing to do with inter-species relations. At all. "Survival of the fittest" is a misnomer anyway - the more accurate term would be "survival of the most-suited."

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan