News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Questionnaires!

Started by Amarith Waterspring, June 21, 2016, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you like best?

Lord of the Rings
10 (43.5%)
Harry Potter
6 (26.1%)
Narnia
2 (8.7%)
Other
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MatthiasMan

How can I choose between Lord of the Rings or Narnia? That's like asking which kid you like better.

If that's the case then Lord of the Rings is the better child.  Lord of the Rings is everything.

Lady Amber

Lord of the Rings is the best.

Andy

I love Lord of the Rings, but not as much as I love Harry Potter. I'm a proud Hufflepuff, if anyone was wondering. :P
Only actions can speak the truth.

MeadowR

That's tough! I'm a fan of the HP books but I do like the LOTR films a lot, too. And then the Narnia Chronicles have a nostalgic factor with me due to the old BBC series, and they are such charming books.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Wylder Treejumper

The LOTR films are nothing like the books. Read the books- they are infinitely better. The story has so much more depth and character, and the nobility of Tolkien's prose can hardly be matched.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MeadowR

I should add that I have read - and liked - the LOTR novels, too. I just haven't read them in years, so can't properly assess the books against the other two. (If this poll were going by book only, that is.) :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Cornflower MM

None of the above? I mean they're all okay. I suppose I'd go for Narnia, but I didn't ever really like the first Narnia book, or the last few.