News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

City RP

Started by Hickory, December 28, 2016, 03:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Kit had one of these, I want one.

HEY YOU! EVER WANTED A MODERN, CITY BASED REDWALL RP????? YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!!!!

The City has been around for quite a while. The bright lights of police cars patrol the alleyways, while dark shapes flit through the shadows. A constant war of criminals vs. authority. Citizens of the City have no idea of the festering pit of thieves, murderers, and scammers that operates inside the city. The police do, and their war against crime is a never ending crusade to rid the city of criminals. Who will you be in this story?

Character sheet:

Name:
Species:
Clothes and appearance:
Personality:
History:
Equipment (if applicable):
Other:

I do have a loose plot in mind, but this will mostly be a sort of open RP to mess around in.

Ask questions if you have them.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'll be the cannibal lizard again but I forgot the name so here's a new one.

Name: Lazarus Skink.
Species: Monitor lizard. (wizard)
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Criminal.
Clothes and appearance: She has dull yellow scales. Her clothes change often, but they are laced with metal, offering protection.
Personality: She is psychopathic and believes all her atrocities are for the better.
History: Will be revealed in RP.
Equipment (if applicable): Two SMGs.
Other: Has killed and eaten many corrupt officials.

Will update later.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

I'm being Connie again, I'll post the form when it's not 2 AM

LT Sandpaw

I'll join, jus' let me think up some characters.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Name: Connie
Species: Ferret
Age (thought this was important): Middle aged (mid forties?)
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Criminal
Clothes and appearance: Connie has an average stature for a ferret, as well as average markings and brown fur and shifty red eyes. He normally wears a red pinstriped suit and tends to carry around cigars with him at all times.
Personality: Connie is sly, dishonest, and has an "I don't need anyone" exterior. At night, he's a well-renowned thief, though while in public he tries to blend in with everybeast else. He gives off mafia vibes, but isn't part of one anymore.
History: Connie is rich--he comes from a large family, all criminals, and they annoy him to say the least, though he hasn't exactly had a bad nor story worthy past.
Equipment (if applicable): Dagger, crowbar, pistol, money---he can pretty much buy anything.
Other: Bad form. But this was my character in the original, so if you were in that you should know him anyway.

LT Sandpaw

Mine are done, I dunno if this RP is still alive though.

Spoiler
Name: Kathrine Fletcher (Kat)
Species: Harvest Mouse
Alliance: Police

Clothes and appearance: Kat is a young harvest mouse of medium build. She has a pleasant demeanor which can change to being serious in a heartbeat and overblown expressions to match. Her fur is pure white, and she has the red eyes that come with that coloring, while her paws, ears, and tail are a delicate pink. Kat usually wears her Mossflower service uniform which is a navy blue button-down and trousers with implanted knee and elbow pads. While off duty Kat wears normal civilian clothing.

Personality: Hotheaded and carefree makes for a dangerous combination, one which Kat possesses. While she is usually cheerful and well-meaning, Kat has a tendency to become patronizing, and sometimes even a downright jerk when fired up. This attitude has led to her having no partners on the force, and few friends.

History: With a history for being a bit short tempered and a troublemaker Kat entered and left the police academy with mediocre scores, becoming a motorcycle patrol officer in the inner city. She spends her days hanging out with friends while off duty, and making traffic stops while on the beat. She has a bit of a spotty record, but she brings in her quota (usually) of arrests and tickets.

Equipment: Kat is equipped with the standard equipment of a traffic officer. She also carries a pistol with a few extra mags, and a Taser which has seen heavy use. On some occasions she wears light body armor under her uniform.
Other: N/A

Name: Root Gurborn
Species: Ermine
Alliance: Criminals

Clothes and appearance: Tall and ominous Root Gurborn is a classy figure, with vicious tendencies. As ermines tend to do, Gurborn's fur changes color over the seasons switching from dirty white to dark brown. He has dark black eyes and long whiskers that curl down around his stumpy nose. He wears a brown trench coat and a fedora with which he hides his face. Under his trench coat is a black tux of a wealthy businessbeast, with a gold pocket watch stuck in his upper pocket. He also tends to wear a lucky blue tie, with the letter 'G' embroidered on it.

Personality: Root is a bit of a psychopath, but he hides it well with his excellent manners, pristine vocabulary, and gentlebeast tendencies. His true aptitude however is murderous and uncontrollable, and when let loose Root renders death and destruction on anybeast that dares stand in his way.

History: Not much is known about Root's history, however he has had numerous run ins with law enforcement, however there has never been enough evidence to convict him. Root also has the control of the streets, (mostly) and even is the head of a small mafia which he pays using his enormous fortune. He's got a sharp norther accent which points to him being of highland origin, but no one is really sure.
Equipment: Gurborn doesn't carry much, but a phone, a concealed glock, and at least three different knives at all times.

Other: Gurborn is particularly skilled with knives and he uses them with a deadly familiarity and in great abundance.
[close]

Ashleg

Hickory

Nice.

Although, @Lord Ashenwyte: What'd you mean by "wizard?"

Kitsune

Haha, I remember this one. ;D Sorry for not starting it earlier. I'll attempt to remember my old character.

Name: Katrina, goes by street name of "K'taah"
Species: Fox
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Criminal, but no one she interacts with "normally" knows that.
Clothes and appearance: Wears a lot of black, usually risqué clothes. Has a leather biking suit that she wears when she's up to no good. Wears heeled boots everywhere, despite what it does to her feet, but after wearing them for years and taking some acrobatics classes "for fun", she can do mild stunts in them. She is fairly tall and attractive, and she feels like she always has to deal with people hitting on her.
Personality: Seems sweet and caring, but is really ruthless and cunning.
History: Both her parents were found dead for "unknown" reasons as the result of a police scandal when Katrina was young. She is bent on revenge.
Equipment (if applicable): Has two combat knives that she keeps inside her leather jacket, and a submachine gun with several clips and a silencer in the bottom of her purse.
Other: Has a black motorcycle she uses to get everywhere, and works in a high-class fashion and perfume store in a tower mall. Took hand-to-hand combat lessons for free, because the nice shrew that ran the dojo pitied her orphan defenselessness. She lives in a run down apartment complex, despite her well-paying job.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Name: Marcus Crawford
Species: Hedgehog
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Police
Clothes and appearance: Since the environment of the Dispatch room is slightly more relaxed Marcus wears his uniform with the shirt unbuttoned just a little more than normal. His police uniform is usually in good enough condition whenever an inspection happens.
Personality: Good natured as most hedgehogs are, Marcus has a lot of not-to-close friends since he works as a dispatch officer and often communicates with other officers. Marcus has training with a pistol but would never think of using it.
History: From the suburban parts of the City, Marcus worked as a volunteer dispatcher for the local fire station before seeking better work in the police department. An average student in the academy, he graduated uneventfully, just the way he liked it.
Equipment (if applicable): Gun that he keeps in his locker, security baton which is really just for show, and a handheld radio so he can keep in contact when not at his station. His uniform is unmodified.

Lady Ashenwyte

LT Sandpaw

So I read through your original post kinda fast and distracted, and I read this sentence:

"Hundreds of little pings denoted reports of activity,"

Like this: "Hundreds of little pigs denoted reports of activity," and I was really confused for a moment, and had to read the line again. What was really funny about it was that misread made sense. :P

Ashleg

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on January 02, 2017, 03:28:56 PM

So I read through your original post kinda fast and distracted, and I read this sentence:

"Hundreds of little pings denoted reports of activity,"

Like this: "Hundreds of little pigs denoted reports of activity," and I was really confused for a moment, and had to read the line again. What was really funny about it was that misread made sense. :P

I don't like the image that gave me.
Hundreds of little pigs...eughh. X"D

Groddil

Name: Al Falcone
Species: What do you think?Falcon. Duh.
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Criminal
Clothes and appearance: Somehow wears a suit. Never seen without a cigar, or his tommy gun.
Personality: Cold, tactical, and vengeful. Falcone cares little about those under his service, only about turning a profit.
History: From the slums, Falcone managed to claw (literally) his way up the ranks of one of the biggest crime syndicates in the city (mainly by disemboweling the previous bosses). Falcone is now one of, if not the, single most powerful beasts in the city.
Equipment (if applicable): Tommy gun.

Name: Sophia Moore
Species: Otter
Alliance (Police, Criminal, or citizen): Police
Clothes and appearance: Wears the standard uniform of the city police. Tall and thin, with dark brown fur.
Personality: Warm, fun-loving, and friendly. Despite this, she has no tolerance for criminals.
History: From a wealthy family, Sophia enrolled in the police force to try and help in any way she can, graduating with flying colors. She has been on the force for 13 seasons, but refused promotion. Sophia is one of the most senior officers, but is still a sergeant.
Equipment (if applicable): Pistol, Baton, Stun Gun, Radio, and an unmarked police car.