News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

OOC: Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 07, 2017, 11:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

I may have to PP Rowan.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Dannflower Reguba

I'd rather wait for Corn in all honesty, no one can play a character like the original player.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I would rather as well. But I don't want it to die from waiting too long.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

To be slightly redundant, I'm quitting. My choices are @danflorreguba gets to control Rowan if he wishes. If he doesn't, let her fade into the background or something.

Dannflower Reguba

I really don't think I can embody the heart of another person's character, but she's too important to the story to just let go. Rowan added so much development opportunity for over half the cast besides herself. I can't imagine continuing without her, being played by the person who knows her best... In other words, I would rather wait a few months to continue rather than try to force the story.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

. . . I appreciate your desire for the genuineness of the character, and I agree, but not about waiting.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I don't agree with waiting either.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 11, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
      I really don't think I can embody the heart of another person's character, but she's too important to the story to just let go. Rowan added so much development opportunity for over half the cast besides herself. I can't imagine continuing without her, being played by the person who knows her best... In other words, I would rather wait a few months to continue rather than try to force the story.

Thanks, Danny dear.

Looks like we're stuck then.
But seriously, guys. It's basically the four of us in this RP. Sandpaw is but he's not in this discussion and, therefore, does not count (to me).  It's not like you aren't in other RPs. Totally not. And you two totally don't have a duel together, nope. Absolutely the end of the world if we let this one rest for a few weeks. You just gotta push, and push, and push to play with this one no matter how enjoyable (or not) it is for other people. That's the way I'm starting to see it. (Also one reason I left the RP community in the first place, fun fact)

Look. I don't know what y'all are going to agree on here. I'll think it over and maybe I'll come to a different conclusion. But stop being selfish, please, and try to understand where I'm coming from? Because - And you can ask Dan - I've been trying to look at this from all angles and this option has made me sad. I didn't wanna do this.

EDIT: And, for the record, it won't die from waiting a few weeks if y'all are so flippin' eager to continue. There are plenty of finished Part 2s of RPs laying around to prove that.

Ashleg

I don't understand why, if it's not enjoyable, it matters to you that we continue or not. Didn't you say that if nobody was going to play her she could fade into the background? Make a choice.  :P

The Skarzs

I guess I am being selfish. None of the RPs I have made have ever ended. None. So I wanted to make a simple one that would not take too long to finish. Sorry.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 13, 2017, 06:05:03 PM
I guess I am being selfish. None of the RPs I have made have ever ended. None. So I wanted to make a simple one that would not take too long to finish. Sorry.

I know the feeling man, more than half of my RP's never even make it off the ground, much less reach completion. The thing is, all of us want to see the RP to the end right? I know this includes Corn, but she's got something that she needs to take care of right now (just like I had school bogging me down before I managed to pace myself, and get my writing brain back). Would you honestly rather continue 3/4ths of an RP over waiting for it to be whole? All of our current plot revolves around the Redwall/Darrin's group characters, the vermin horde is just a catalyst for the rest of the story right now. This means that Rowan has ties with every story relevant character, and is firmly embedded in the outcome whether we RP about it or not. Losing that aspect will kill all of the planning up to this point, and the rest of us would try to make up the difference, fail at it (because it's entirely impossible), and get discouraged to the point of quitting. I'd rather risk ending over waiting to continue a good story than get frustrated over a weak story and leave.

I get it, it's frustrating, I've waited longer than any of y'all to finish an RP (A Winter to Freeze Your Heart was one of the saddest things that's happened in my time as an RP'er), but trust me when I say it isn't worth finishing if it feels like work.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Whatever. Completely disagree but can't continue it myself.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 13, 2017, 10:10:19 PM
       I get it, it's frustrating, I've waited longer than any of y'all to finish an RP (A Winter to Freeze Your Heart was one of the saddest things that's happened in my time as an RP'er), but trust me when I say it isn't worth finishing if it feels like work.

Hey, no, it's still way too soon to talk about AWTFYH. >_< God I miss that RP.

Quote from: Ashleg on December 13, 2017, 05:15:22 PM
I don't understand why, if it's not enjoyable, it matters to you that we continue or not. Didn't you say that if nobody was going to play her she could fade into the background? Make a choice.  :P

Um, just because it's not enjoyable at the moment doesn't mean it wasn't before. Therefore, I care about the RP and I do want to see it to completion. And it could very well become enjoyable again, and I really, really hope it does. Partly why I'm taking some time away. Just because the fun has faded from the RP doesn't mean I don't care about it and want it to be fun. There's been a few where it's not fun anymore and I'm like "Nope bye-bye" but those were mostly ones without a really cool plot and interesting planning going on. So, the opposite of this one. I want this RP to carry on to the ending and I do want to be a part of it but I can't right now. And also Dan has talked sense into and made me realize, duh, Rowan really can't just fade into the background.