News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Questers Travels: Journey to Farside

Started by Faiyloe, January 13, 2017, 02:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Questers Travels: Journey to Farside

Game Play: This is a chose your own adventure type game, mixed with text based games (like Zork), and RPGs. You will all play the same character and take turns stating your choice of action, and I will respond with the outcome. Some helpful things you can do is, examine something in the room, ask a question of a character in your location, think about something (thinking about something will respond with any information you know on the topic) If you wish to lie about something when speaking to an NPC and the truth is not already known then please state the truth in parentheses. (For example: I am a world class archer (I am actually a world class thief))

Rules:
- This is meant to be a serious game, your actions will have consequences.
- I intend this to be a fun intelligent game so please respect the other players and stay consistent and realistic.
- PP is still not allowed. You may not control the NPCs. For example *Decapitates the troll with my sword* However this is allowed *attacks the troll with my sword*

Note: I will try and update this at least once a day. More if I have the time and people are posting.

Your objective: You play as the Quester on your mission to find the forgotten city of Farside. You know very little about Farside aside from the fact that you were paid to find it.

*INVENTORY*
Two Daggers
150 coins

Outside the City Gates

You are standing on a path that leads up to a massive wall which towers above you, directly in front of you, and to the west, are the city gates, and behind you, and to the east, is the forest from which you came. You walk up the the gate and are stopped by a very wrinkled old man with a parchment on a slab and a quill gripped tightly in the other hand. He is wearing a tunic that looks more like a dress on his skinny bent frame, and a vest. Both are brightly colored and well tailored but look absolutely horrible together.

"You may not go any further, you must be cataloged before you may enter the city," He insists. He squints at you. "Apologies... but are you a man or a woman?"

[Your answer will affect the way people interact with you]
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rosie Willowwater

Woman.

OOC: By the way, I think this sounds like a great idea!

Faiyloe

The the old man noddes and scribbles something down on his parchment.

"And your name?"

Feles

OOC: So is this like a CYOA or is there a difference i'm not seeing?
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Faiyloe

OOC: That depends on what CYOA is... It is late here, I am tired. XD XP
Edit: I figured it out. Yes, for the most part.

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Faiyloe

He nods again and scribbles that down as well.

"Now, Pavor, what is your occupation," He asks. You subtly peer over his parchment at his almost illegible handwriting and from what you can make out you see that, two wizards, a knight, and a ranger have visited the city recently.

[what you chose will affect how skilled you are at certain tasks, how much you know about certain things and how other people treat you. You may choose something not on the list these are only suggestions.]

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

The man glances at you from under his bushy eyebrows, "Second one this week, strange, strange," He mutters as he scribbles something down and shuffles back the way he had come.

[invantory has been updated]

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

[Your Inventory is in the First Post, you can check it there at any time. You have, Two Daggers, 150 coins and some medieval lint]

Lady Ashenwyte

Ask him about what's happening in town lately.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Faiyloe

The man stops in his shuffling and looks back at you "Nothing, absolutely nothing," He says bruskly and then squints hard at you, "Now I am very very busy so if you do not mind," He snaps and continues shuffling.

Rosie Willowwater

Faiyloe

Just inside the Gate of the city

You pass through the large wooden gates that look as if they haven't been closed in decades. You enter a long wide cobblestone street lined with tall houses that seem to sag and lean in on each other with fatigue. The muck of life swills along at the side of the street while several pigs investigate the muck. It seems like a slow morning as there few people about, a young woman picks her way carefully around the pigs and muck, a covered basket in her arms and up ahead an old man slowly pushes a cart along a bell hanging on the cart slowly clanking over the bumps in the road. To your right and to the north you can see the old man who confronted you at the gate shuffle his way into a small gate house and slam the door. To your left and to the south you can see what looks like a barracks of some sort though it seems to have seen better days. in front of you and to the west the road twists off in an upwardly direction.