News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Feast at Salamandastron - OOC/Sign Up

Started by Maudie, January 23, 2017, 03:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Salamandastron is preparing a feast.

In a dream to the General of the Long Patrol, the esteemed Boar the Fighter and the wise Martin the Warrior have set a date for the arrival of Salamandastron's long awaited badger ruler: the summer solstice. The hares of the Long Patrol are putting together a huge welcoming celebration. Every hare in the mountain will be in attendance, and every able-bodied beast who can avoid burning a salad is needed in the kitchen. The chef plans to outdo him/herself this time.

But, deep in the trees of Mossflower Forest, the next badger ruler is in danger. Wounded and lost in a swamp, the badger has been hiding from a cannibalistic tribe of stoats. Midsummer is approaching...

I hope to have this started next week. I've never RPed before, so y'all are gonna have to help me out. Multiple characters are allowed, and I'll probably make another character or two myself.

Character Slots:
Badger
Long Patrol General
Salamandastron's Cook
Kitchen Assistants
Long Patrol hares
Stoat tribe leader
Cannibalistic stoats

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Position: (i.e. Cook, tribe leader, etc.)
History: (optional except for the badger)

My character:
Name: Ribarib
Species: Stoat
Appearance: Short, scrawny. Wears a necklace of bones and skulls, wears the fur of a red squirrel as a cape.
Position: Rival to the tribe leader

Anyone interested?

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

*Slithers in*

Heyoooo.
I'll take the tribe leader if that's okay.
Is that okay?

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

Could you tell me a little about the tribe before I do his form?
As in, how civilized are they...should he talk with some kind of tribe accent like in the books, etc.

Maudie

Good questions. I think a bit of an accent is okay, but I don't want to make it too difficult. You can set the accent, since you've got the tribe leader. The tribe should be quite rowdy, so the leader would have to be bossy and violent. There are about thirty stoats in the tribe. Anything else?

Anonymous

No.
Here 'tis...

Name: Tamahig
Appearance: Tall, a healthy weight (though in comparison to the rest of his tribe he eats much more), and he has the normally colored brown fur and black tail tip of a stoat.
As tribe leader, he has some special painted markings, particularly black around his eyes ending in a sharp point on the bottom and a red ring around his snout.
He wears a sash of small bones and claws and a crown made of leaves, decked out with a bird skull in the center.
Position: Tribe Leader

He doesn't have much of a history, but a fun fact is that due to a genetic problem he does not turn white in winter like most stoats.

Groddil

I'll take the badger, as well as two generics (a stoat and a hare). Sheets will be up soon.

EDIT: Enjoy.

Spoiler

Name: Stonestripe
Species: Badger
Appearance: Tall and bulky, as standard for a badger. Head-stripe is a dull, rocky grey. Green eyes that tend to look through somebeast rather than at them. Arrow wound to the gut that is slowly worsening...
Position: Future Badger Lord
History: (Delete and discredit if you want. Whipped this up just in case) Stonestripe was raised in a small community south-east of Redwall, where Mossflower Wood ends until a passing vermin horde slaughtered everybeast aside from Stonestripe and his father, who were fishing at the time. The badger's father took off after the horde, and Stonestripe never saw him again. It has been four seasons since then. Stonestripe never knew of Redwall Abbey, and has not encountered a single creature that doesn't want to kill him since everybeast he knew was killed.

Name: Zinatta
Appearance: Small, brown eyes, dark brown fur with black speckles. Two red semi-circles and a black "X" painted on his forehead: The symbol of the tracker. (X)
Position: Tribal (Tracker)
History: A tribal born and raised, Zinatta knows only two things are important. One, eat birds and drink blue stuff, or die. Two, do what Tamahig says, or die. Zinatta not want to die. Zinatta one of  trackers.

Name: "Corporal" Lilian Mara Sero
Species: Hare
Appearance: Average height and build. Standard grey-ish brown fur. Blue eyes. Ears are slightly smaller than usual for a hare.
Position: Long Patrol Deserter
History: Lilian went through the rigorous training Long Patrol recruits are subjected to, and was expected to be a fine soldier. As it turns out, the lack of real combat experience shattered that idea. Lilian managed to gain a promotion to Corporal after her first battle for slaying the leader of a small horde of vermin (about three-score strong), but her "victory" was a fluke. Lilian barely managed to hold her own against the leader, but another hare (who was cut down later in the same battle) stabbed him in the back, saving her. Traumatised by the experience, Lilian deserted in the midst of her second battle, two seasons ago, fleeing into the woods.
[close]

Quote from: Maudie on January 23, 2017, 03:31:06 AM
[In a dream to the General of the Long Patrol, the esteemed Boar the Fighter and the wise Martin the Warrior have set a date for the arrival of Salamandastron's long awaited badger ruler: the summer solstice.

Wouldn't it be Brocktree rather than Boar, though? He founded the Long Patrol, after all.

Maudie

All accepted.

@Groddil Well, Salamandastron has such a plethora of Badger Lords that I just picked one, really. I figure that while Redwall has one guiding spirit, Salamandastron would have many.

Cornflower MM

If this is a low-key kinda thing that I don't have to stress over, I might join.

Rosie Willowwater

I'll join! Be warned, I write like a first grader, and sadly, I haven't read a Redwall book in a while so I might be a bit rusty on geography and accents.

Name: June
Appearance: She wears a long moss green dress that match her eyes with embroidered flowers around the edges. It looks a tad too big for her.
Position: Kitchen Assistant
History: She got lost in the woods as a young child and permanently injured her left footpaw forcing her to limp everywhere she walks, and gets teased because of it.

Is this okay?

Maudie

Feles

Name: Fraxinus*
Appearance: Fraxinus has white fur with a tint of grey as well as several patches of bare and burnt skin from severe burns.
Position: Sergeant
History: His burns come from a group of pyromaniac pirates, and left him him with a lasting fear of flames.

Name: Slip
Appearance: Slip is very scrawny, and has completely brown fur.
Position: Tribal
History: Slip got his name from his ability to seem to disappear and reappear at almost any time. He is still viewed as weak and is often bullied by other members

*I love Latin
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Maudie

Ashleg

I'm always the impatient one...

Hey, Maud, when do y'think you're gonna post this?

Feles

I believe she said next week.
if i was to guess, i'd say Sunday or Monday depending on how many characters are needed.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!