News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Fantasy CYOA Thing

Started by Groddil, March 28, 2017, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Because Faiy's not active, and I liked Journey to Farside. :p

Let's just copy-paste this, shall we? This isn't the same thing Faiy's doing, but I'm gonna steal her rules anyway.

QuoteGame Play: This is a chose your own adventure type game, mixed with text based games (like Zork), and RPGs. You will all play the same character and take turns stating your choice of action, and I will respond with the outcome. Some helpful things you can do is, examine something in the room, ask a question of a character in your location, think about something (thinking about something will respond with any information you know on the topic) If you wish to lie about something when speaking to an NPC and the truth is not already known then please state the truth in parentheses. (For example: I am a world class archer (I am actually a world class thief))

Rules:
- This is meant to be a serious game, your actions will have consequences.
- I intend this to be a fun intelligent game so please respect the other players and stay consistent and realistic.
- PP is still not allowed. You may not control the NPCs. For example *Decapitates the troll with my sword* However this is allowed *attacks the troll with my sword*

Inventory:

- Nothing to speak of.

Okay, let's start by creating the character. First poster, fill this out:

Name:
Race:

Races of Arcanis (Abridged), by Koffali Marrakel, Scholar of the Arcane Arts

Many different species inhabit the world we call home. From man to Majan (note: slang term, Ee'Tohra for foreigner) this guidebook will help you learn what you need about your neighbours.

Culan (pronounced Soo-lahn)
The most common race in the known world, the Culan are a fair-skinned people native to the Culani Isles. Culan are natural leaders, and their Kings have conquered all of the world east of the Farakesh River. Culan live for an average of 80 years. Culan can be found in great numbers everywhere.

Falkan (pronounced Fall-kahn)
Dark-skinned humans from west of the Farakesh River. The Falkan make shrewd diplomats and vicious warriors, which has prevented the Culan from conquering their lands. Falkan are still common in Culani lands, though not to the extent of the Kingdoms' native people. Culan live for an average of 80 years.

Shizara (pronounced Shii-Zara)
Shizara are pale humans from the Far South, with exaggerated facial features and rough skin. Shizara are strongly xenophobic, and while their lands are technically a part of the Culani Kingdoms, infighting and racial tension have the South Kingdoms on the brink of civil war. Shizara make good assassins, but lack in social skills. Shizara are rare outside their homeland, and even rarer within society itself. Shizara live for an average of 90 years.

Ee'Shann (Pronounced Eh-Shahn)
Ee'Shann, more commonly known as 'Sun Elves' outside their homeland, are a tall, olive-skinned race most notable for their pointed ears. Ee'Shann have heightened reflexes and exceptional eyesight, which causes many of them to become rangers. Ee'Shann are native to the central forests, and (aside from several rogue clans), have been successfully integrated into the Culani Kingdoms. They are rarer than the races of man outside the Forests, but still a common race. Ee'Shann live for an average of 60 years.

Ee'Daal (Pronounced Eh-Dahl)
Ee'Daal, more commonly known as 'Rock Elves' outside their homeland, are a short, dark-skinned race closely related to the Ee'Shann. Ee'Daal also possess pointed ears, and are quite thin to squeeze through narrow passages. Ee'Daal, like the Shizara, are quite xenophobic, preferring to not leave their underground fortresses. Ee'Daal are excellent engineers and intellectuals, and when found outside their homeland, are usually appointed as architects or politicians. Ee'Daal are relatively uncommon throughout the Culani Kingdoms, and live for an average of 30 years. This short lifespan has led many Ee'Daal to search for a source of immortality, though none have yet succeeded.

Ee'Gama (Pronounced Eh-Gahmah)
Not much is known about the Ee'Gama, save that their name means 'Pariah Elves' in Ee'Tohra. Ee'Gama have a very similar appearance to Ee'Daal, but are slightly shorter and have a lighter skin tone. Ee'Gama are very rarely seen above ground, and are a slave race to the Ee'Daal. Ee'Gama are reported to live for up to 500 years, though most die of overwork in their first century. Most surface dwellers would not even recognize an Ee'Gama, and those who have heard of them believe the race to simply be a legend.

Ee'Rakka (Pronounced Eh-Rahkah)
Ee'Rakka, also known as 'Pig Elves,' bear strong resemblance to the Ee'Shann, but are slightly taller, and their skin has a faint green tinge to it. Ee'Rakka are easily recognizable due to large forehead bumps, which can form into horns among older individuals. Ee'Rakka have no homeland, but are more than welcome everywhere due to their natural proficiency as warriors. Ee'Rakka can live for 50 years, but typically die young.

Sakkaza (Pronounced Sah-kah-zah)
Sakkaza are, in this author's opinion, easily the most mysterious of Arcanis's various races. Sakkaza are tall, green beings that appear to be a cross between humans and snakes. They have a layer of scales instead of skin, and their heads appear lizardlike. Sakkaza have no legs; rather, they have several tentacles at the base of their torsos that they use as additional arms. Sakkaza do not walk on these tentacles, as they possess the power of levitation. This power is no doubt linked to their innate magical ability; while anyone can learn magic after years of study, Sakkaza possess an intrinsic gift with the arcane arts. A Sakkaza Battlemage can turn the tide of any battle, which explains why such an odd race is so well respected. As much of Sakkaza culture is unknown, this author does not know the average lifespan of a Sakkaza, if they are even able to die of old age at all. Unplayable for the sake of fairness.

Be advised that this guidebook should not be taken for 100% fact, as their may be other species we have yet to discover.
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

Name: Sulepharion.
Race: Falkan.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

You have been travelling for some time now. Days on the road, supplies wearing thin. Only now, as the sun rises on a new Spring morning, do you sight the walls of Silaha, one of the six Great Cities of the Culani Kingdoms. The roads, once deserted, are now packed with life. Merchant caravans, guard patrols, and shifty-looking Shizara all line the cobbled path that stretches over the horizon. Your stomach growls as you peer into an empty satchel. Perfect. Ducking past the traffic, you soon reach a large wooden gate planted deep within the aging stone walls of the city. Guards inspect several wagons, ensuring that nobody passes without permission. From a nearby tunnel, another patrol emerges, much more heavily armed than the gate guards, and disappears into the crowd. A hand plants itself on your shoulder, belonging to a balding Sun Elf.
"Halt there, Falkan. You looking for entry?"
You nod once.
"Right. I need some information for the records. Unless there's something up with you, you should be clear for entry. Name, age, and reason for travel to Silaha, if you would."
"Sulepharion, 18. I..."

Pick one:

I'm a Culani Soldier. From the Isles.
I'm a mercenary, looking for work.
I'm just a traveler, passing through.
I'm a guard for a merchant caravan. They're just over there.
I'm from a village to the west. I seek to learn the Arcane Arts.
I'm not from around here, but I came to enlist.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'm not from around here, but I came to enlist.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Groddil

"I'm not from around here. But I wanted to enlist, and Silaha's the closest Great City."
"Should've enlisted back home, kiddo. You came to Silaha at the worst possible time. They accept you, you'll be out there trying to keep order while the Shizara kill your friends and burn down your home. Being a gate guard's menial work, but I'd never swap places with you. Besides, I'm getting too old for that nonsense. Let the Shizara come for me, I say."
"You have a lot of trouble with the Shizara?"
"Of course, friend. This city's built on what they consider their land. We're slap bang in the middle of their homeland, and even though the higher ups say this is officially the Culani Kingdoms, we all know that the second you step off the roads, it's you or the locals. And the locals always win. Well, it's your funeral. Go on in. You want to enlist, best to head up to the Keep."
The Sun Elf gives a brief whistle and points at the gate. Two guards open it just a crack, enough for you to slip inside.

You find yourself in a quiet marketplace; what would be the center of commerce, were it not for the tedious location of Silaha leading to many caravans being attacked. As it stands, many stalls lie empty, and the surrounding buildings look like they were evacuated years ago. A few citizens go about their morning shopping at what stalls are still open for business, including what looks like a butcher, a jeweler, and some sort of swordsmith. On the opposite end of the square, "Inn" has been roughly scrawled on a larger building's front door, and several priests of the Culani Pantheon drone out their usual nonsense near a temple, ivory bricks still in relatively good condition compared to the rest of the square.

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons
Rusty Dagger

Apparel
Ragged clothing
Fur Cloak

Aid

Books

Misc
100 Culani Coins

Quest Items

Junk

[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

Head to the Keep to enlist.

Groddil

You take a few steps towards the square before realising you have no idea where the keep is, or even what the keep looks like in such a strange city.

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons
Rusty Dagger

Apparel
Ragged clothing
Fur Cloak

Aid

Books

Misc
100 Culani Coins

Quest Items

Junk

[close]
[/quote]

Lady Ashenwyte

kill myself

Walk into the inn, and ask about Silaha and recent affairs.

Groddil

You resign yourself to asking around the most logical place nearby. The inn. You push through the small crowd of people, earning the occasional glare, and finally make it to the inn's front door. You push open the door and walk inside the dimly-lit building. Several tables, most of them empty, are laid out around a bar, tending by a Falkan like yourself.
"Well met, K=kinsman! What you brings you to my little slice of paradise in this Hellhole?"
"I'm heading for the keep. Enlisting."
The innkeeper barely manages to hold back a chuckle, and drops the rag he had been holding.
"Enlisting now? World's gone mad, kinsman. I'd avoid the army like the plague if I were you."
"The Gatekeeper said the same thing. Something about the Shizara. Why? What's really going on around here?"
"Can't you tell? We're here on the brink of civil war. Not sure how much you know about the Culani Kingdoms, but this city, and all the surrounding lands, are technically under the jurisdiction of one o' the kings, old King Lakrash. Trouble is, the Shizara didn't take too kindly to the Culan stealin' their lands, so they've been attacking caravans, killing people on the streets, all of that nasty business. A lot of people 'ave already packed up and got out of here, and the rest of us are livin' on borrowed time. If they manage to form a proper army, the guards won't be able to defend the city. Doesn't help that King Lakrash has already sent most o' the real troops away to help the northern expedition, and the garrison we were supposed to receive from the Isles is three weeks late."
"So, you're saying..."
"I'm saying that if we don't get reinforcements soon, then the second the Shizara organise themselves, we're done for."
"Then enlisting is a good thing?"
"It's gonna take more than just you, kinsman. Believe me. And unless you convince everyone in this deadbeat city to head up their with you, all you're doing is throwing your life away. So, do you want a room, or are gonna go knock on Death's door? The Keep's just to your right when you reach the end of the main street, rooms are 20 coins a night."

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons
Rusty Dagger

Apparel
Ragged clothing
Fur Cloak

Aid

Books

Misc
100 Culani Coins

Quest Items

Junk

[close]

Luftwaffles

I'd like to rent a room, because I have sore feet and I don't feel like walking anymore.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Groddil

20 Culani coins clatter to the bar surface.
"I've been walking for a few days. And if what you say is true, the Army can wait. Give me a room."
"Splendid, kinsman. Your room is the first on on the left, up the stairs. Meals are served at 12pm and 6pm, and the room's yours until 8am tomorrow."
"Thank you."
You shuffle off towards the stairs, shrugging off your travelling cloak. As you round the corner on the first floor landing, a hooded figure crashes into you and stumbles into the wall. A small metal ball falls from their pale, wrinkled palm, as they muttered a muffled apology and continue down the stairs.

Got 1 x Room key.

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons
Rusty Dagger - A small steel dagger, covered in rust.

Apparel
Ragged clothing - Some clothing that has seen better days.
Fur Cloak - A heavy fur traveller's cloak.

Aid

Books

Misc
80 Culani Coins - Coins used as currency throughout the Culani Kingdoms.
Room Key - A key to your room in the inn near Silaha's market.

Quest Items

Junk

[close]

Luftwaffles

I push the figure away aside violently.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Groddil

"Watch it!"
You give the figure a rough shove towards the stairs, but they manage to catch themselves on the railing. The figure turns their face to growl at you, revealing the rough face of a Shizara beneath the hood. The Shizara stares at the metal ball near your foot for a second, then creases their face and marches off towards the exit.

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons

Apparel

Aid

Books

Misc

Quest Items

Junk

[close]

Luftwaffles

I make my way upstairs and head to the nearest hall, from where I watch the Shizara go.

Groddil

You clamber up the stairs and peer over the railing, as the Shizara shoves their way out of the door. You walk over to the window, but the strange person has already managed to lose themselves within the crowd. You walk back to the top of the staircase. The metal ball is still lying abandoned on the landing, and you notice the door to your room just next to the stairs.

What do you do?

Inventory

Weapons

Apparel

Aid

Books

Misc

Quest Items

Junk

[close]