News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

"It can ruin your life only if it can ruin your character. Otherwise it cannot harm you--inside or out."

~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. This I did.

- T.E. Lawrence
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

UNKN0WN

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

-Douglas Adams

Hickory

"Jedi!

You are surrounded. Your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now. This is the final outcome. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare..."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Doctor: I'm going to be dead in a few hours, so before I go, let's have this out. You and me. Once and for all.
Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win! I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's RIGHT! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.
If I run away today, good people will die. If I stand and fight, some of them might live. Maybe not many, maybe not for long. Hey, y'know, maybe there's no point in any of this at all, but it's the best I can do! So I am going to do it, and I will stand here doing it until it kills me.
And you're going to die too, someday. When will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand... is where I fall. Stand with me. These people are terrified, maybe we can help a little. Why not? Just to the end. Just be kind.
~ Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls, written by Steven Moffat
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 10, 2017, 04:53:30 AM
Texas is for anyone and everyone except liberals and Californians. :)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 30, 2017, 01:07:03 AM
They're the animals of that universe, I guess. So that means they eat them too.
Which also means they're basically forcing animals to fight. Which is illegal.

Pokemon is advocating animal pit fights and cruelty.

Trigoma

"In the end it doesn't even matter." ~Linkin Park
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Ashleg

"Well, maybe it is stupid, but it's also dumb!" -Patrick Star

Ashleg

Hickory

"I would like to spend some time today to talk about the value of human life. There is no value to human life.  Now that I have your attention: To be more precise, human life, to a certain limit, is expendable.We are self-perpetuating yet self-destructive, adaptable yet flawed and always, always resource-intensive. We are endless consumers of resources, but most relevant to our research here is one undeniable fact; that human life is abundant. Overpopulation of any colonised world is a given. Through the lens of cold objectively, it is irresponsible to say that individuals on all such worlds are actually indispensible. Millions of humans die across the colonised worlds every day, by any number of causes. Human life is expendable.

Now our problem is twofold – on one hand, we are faced with a hostile Frontier populace opposed to our commercial pursuits for the greater good. And on the other hand, there is a never-ending cry for natural resources demanded of us demanded by greater populations of the Core Systems. We must have order on the Frontier if we are to achieve true progress but the Militia, in its provincial myopic lack of vision refuses to accept this. Thus we are at war.

Now the bitter truth – reinforcements from the Core Systems will not arrive for several more years. The Militia gains strength day by day, taking back one planet after another. Our choices are limited – drastic action must be taken. Again, I remind you all of one simple truth; that human life is abundant and, as distasteful as it may sound, human life is, in truth, expendable.

And so that brings us to this planet – Typhon, where we have discovered a gift. A machine that will do more than change the tide. Call it fate. Call it evolution. Call it what you will, the truth is we have discovered our resolution, and in it lies a weapon with a powerful ability to fold space and time. We don't know who built it, but we do know it is quite old. And most importantly, we have learned enough to bring it to life. As we use this Fold Weapon, we will manipulate spacetime, targeting anything we desire, sundering entire planets. Our restoration efforts in the mountains are nearly complete but one task remains: we must complete a small-scale test here first, to tune the power source, or "the Ark" as our colleagues tend to call it. Once we have accomplished this, we will transfer the power source, the Ark, to the full-scale site and destroy one populated Militia planet and then another until they capitulate. We will open an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, sending through thousands of concentrated gravitational waves, this will rip apart and sunder every molecule, every atom and every living thing we target, resulting in total loss of life.

But lest we lose sight of the bigger picture, remember those losses are ultimately replaceable by the inexorable march of human reproduction. By decisively neutralising the Militia forces, we will safeguard the future of the human race, extending its reach and power towards a prosperous and bright future."

-General Marder, *Titanfall 2*
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Delthion

* Delthion still doesn't get it.

Ashleg

Because...kidnappers...drive white vans.

And vans are a type of shoe that also comes in the color white.