News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Owl City!

Started by Kitsune, June 08, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I didn't see a topic like this, so.....
Anybody here like Owl City? I know Rainy does.

Rainshadow

Yes, but I like Owl City more than Rainy.  Rainy's more into watering flowers with his watering can.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Orinoco

I'm a pretty big fan of Owl City. I own four albums, multiple singles, two Owl City T-shirts, and a mini-poster of Adam Young. I think I've officially crossed the line from fan to fanatic.  ::)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

Quote from: Orinoco on June 08, 2013, 09:52:50 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Owl City. I own four albums, multiple singles, two Owl City T-shirts, and a mini-poster of Adam Young. I think I've officially crossed the line from fan to fanatic.  ::)

LUCKY!!!!  I only own TMS and ATBAB!  I don't even have a T-shirt or a poster!  *Sigh*  Well, I guess that goes on me Christmas list!  ;)
  Anyway, which albums do you own?  (I am, of course, including Of June as an album, even though it's called an EP.  It's long enough to be an album for me ;))  Also, which singles do you own?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Kitsune

I'm following Owl City on Google+

Romsca

Kitsune

Yep. Rainy and Pyuggfiretai! get on Goggle+

Rainshadow

Well, I used to be on Goggle+, but no one else I knew was on there, so I got off.  ;)  And I follow Owl City on Twitter, even though I don't have an account.  I just kinda stalk the Twitter page, lol.  Also, I read his blog, which unfortunately is down at the moment.  And finally, I look at his Instagram from time to time, mainly because he takes really good pictures.  :P  Yeah, I guess you could call me a fan.  ;)

Ungatt Trunn

How long has Owl City been around?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Orinoco

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 09, 2013, 01:44:27 AM

LUCKY!!!!  I only own TMS and ATBAB!  I don't even have a T-shirt or a poster!  *Sigh*  Well, I guess that goes on me Christmas list!  ;)
  Anyway, which albums do you own?  (I am, of course, including Of June as an album, even though it's called an EP.  It's long enough to be an album for me ;))  Also, which singles do you own?

I own Of June (I didn't know this was considered an EP! I always thought it was an album.), Maybe I'm Dreaming, Ocean Eyes, and All Things Bright and Beautiful. As far as singles (though some of them are just songs off the deluxe album editions), I own...

- Hot Air Balloon
- How I Became the Sea
- To the Sky
- Speed of Love (not a single, but my favorite off of The Midsummer Station)
- Oreo Wonderfilled Song (this is available for free download on the official Oreo website)
- Garden Party (this is actually a cover of a '70s song, which was originally pretty great, but I of course like Owl City's version better)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

Quote from: Orinoco on June 09, 2013, 02:46:22 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on June 09, 2013, 01:44:27 AM

I own Of June (I didn't know this was considered an EP! I always thought it was an album.), Maybe I'm Dreaming, Ocean Eyes, and All Things Bright and Beautiful. As far as singles (though some of them are just songs off the deluxe album editions), I own...

- Hot Air Balloon
- How I Became the Sea
- To the Sky
- Speed of Love (not a single, but my favorite off of The Midsummer Station)
- Oreo Wonderfilled Song (this is available for free download on the official Oreo website)
- Garden Party (this is actually a cover of a '70s song, which was originally pretty great, but I of course like Owl City's version better)

Haha, out of those, I own ATBAB, To the Sky, and Speed of Love.  I didn't know you could get Wonderfilled for free though.  Cool!  I'll have to go see about that later on today.  ;)

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 09, 2013, 05:04:42 AM

Well, technically, Owl City's been around since he was born in 1986, but if you're talking about the project, I believe he started it in 2007.  At least, that's when he put out Of June (if I'm correct, that is).  Funny little fact for ya:  Adam Young started Owl City by putting music on MySpace.  He wasn't really a band, just a kid in his basement making music.  Kinda cool (at least, for me).

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 09, 2013, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 09, 2013, 05:04:42 AM

Well, technically, Owl City's been around since he was born in 1986, but if you're talking about the project, I believe he started it in 2007.  At least, that's when he put out Of June (if I'm correct, that is).  Funny little fact for ya:  Adam Young started Owl City by putting music on MySpace.  He wasn't really a band, just a kid in his basement making music.  Kinda cool (at least, for me).
Ha! The project Cosmic Gate started in 1999! ;D
Anyways, what style of music is Owl City?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 14, 2013, 10:48:20 PM
Anyways, what style of music is Owl City?

Erm, well, it varies...  He plays with different styles, but I guess you could classify it as 'Pop'.

Kitsune

Exactly what I was going to say!
I'm listening to Shooting Star by Owl City right now.

Rainshadow

Quote from: PluggFiretail on June 14, 2013, 10:51:42 PM
Exactly what I was going to say!
I'm listening to Shooting Star by Owl City right now.

Nice!  Have you seen the music video for that?  It's not my favourite (my favourite is probably either Deer in the Headlights or Early Birdie (don't ask me why I like Early Birdie so much, it's a long story :P), but I still like it quite a bit!