News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Studio Ghibli

Started by Hickory, June 25, 2015, 01:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

This is a nice anime studio that I particularly enjoy above others. My favorite film of them is Up on Poppy Hill, though I also enjoy Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro.

How 'bout you guys?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

Oh man, I LOVE "Kiki's Delivery Service", they really nailed it with that one. I never really knew the name of the studio :o But their work is truly amazing... "My Neighbor Totoro" also shows that. Their projects seem to be an act of love and that is precisely what puts them above many other animation companies.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

they did Howl's Moving Castle, and while it's drastically different than the book, I love it! They did a wonderful job on it. :) And they did great on Ponyo, too. :) Awesome movie right there!

MeadowR

Some I like, some I don't like so much. I admire the work that gets put in to them and the passion to keep going on with beloved 2D! I like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle best... probably. The Cat Returns is quite fun.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

SoranMBane

Well, as I'm sure is the case with most people, many of my favourite anime films are Ghibli films (Miyazaki's stuff in particular). Of all of them, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are probably my two favourites; both are just gorgeously-animated, whimsical, exciting, and thematically-rich.

SandyB

My favorite Studio Ghibli movie is Grave of the Fireflies. Princess Mononoke is a close second.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Ashleg

I have a Totoro poster but honestly, the only Ghibli film I didn't find boring was Kiki's Delivery Service.

Maudie

I've seen Howl's Moving Castle, which was waaaay different than the book--but still amazing. I also started watching Spirited Away with some friends. I haven't gotten to finish it yet but what I did see made me want to.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Aimless Gallivanter

Ive seen totoro, howl's, kiki's, the cats return, grave of the fireflies, the wind rises, porko rosso, tales from earthsea, spirited away, castle in the sky, and the secret world of arrietty; ive also seen princess mononoke and ponyo several times. I once started When marnie was There but never finished it. my friends and i absolutely love studio ghibli, we've watched a lot of the films at our movie night.
im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

Oh man, I LOVE these. I'd have to say Mononoke is my favourite, with Nausicaa and Spirited Away tying for second.

Also, I actually ran across the big official store when I was in Tokyo two years back, but it was pat closing time.  :-\

Ashleg

Perhaps one day I will understand...

MeadowR

^ Don't feel you have to! I think some of the films are nice, as mentioned above, but I don't go nuts over this studio. :)

I'm curious to see 'Your Face'. Not sure if that is a Ghibli film, though.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Aimless Gallivanter

@MeadowRabbit its called "Your Name" AND ITS SO SO GOOD. Id highly recommend it to everyone, its really cute and amazing. It's not a Studio Ghibli film, though.
im gay!!!!!!

Jetthebinturong

The one Ghibli film I've seen is Howl's Moving Castle and to be honest, to me, that film is the very definition of overrated. The plot was ridiculous and nonsensical and left too many questions unresolved, Howl turning into a monster didn't make any sense, and the Witch of the Waste was hideous. The rest of the art was good though. I'm not a huge fan of the book, but at least it had a proper, if incredibly rushed, resolution.

Hasn't turned me off from Ghibli though, I just take the opportunity to rant about that film whenever I can.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Banya

I really appreciate Ghibli films and I'd love to visit the museum someday. I haven't seen even close to all of them but I'd like to knock the more well-known ones out before long! My all-time favourite has got to be Spirited Away. I also really like When Marnie was There, Kiki's (because it was on TV all the time when I was little), and while I don't love Princess Mononoke I do like its feminist and environmental themes.