News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Hi Belladonna! Those aren't stupid questions, I promise. No question is a stupid one. (Seriously though, don't feel bad. I once forgot how to start a new topic.)
Ashleg answered the timezone question (The forum's auto time is indeed GMT). But I'm going to poke in my nose anyway!
To get the correct time, click the profile button up at the top. (The one with Brian Jacques' face on it) In the "Modify Profile" drop down, click "Look and Layout" and it should be right at the top of that page. :) I hope that helps! And welcome to the crazy forum family!

Maudie

Quote from: Cornflower MM on August 09, 2017, 03:18:31 PM
Hi Belladonna! Those aren't stupid questions, I promise. No question is a stupid one. (Seriously though, don't feel bad. I once forgot how to start a new topic.)
Ashleg answered the timezone question (The forum's auto time is indeed GMT). But I'm going to poke in my nose anyway!
To get the correct time, click the profile button up at the top. (The one with Brian Jacques' face on it) In the "Modify Profile" drop down, click "Look and Layout" and it should be right at the top of that page. :) I hope that helps! And welcome to the crazy forum family!

If your modify profile button actually works. *indistinguishable muttering*
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Belladonna

The Skarzs

What happened to Combine the Members game?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Heyyy, I hate to be a bother. But my PM inbox has been driving me insane for months.

You know how you can click on a message link and it'll take you down the page to the message? When I click it, it just takes me to the first page in my inbox. Since I'm lazy and forget, it's annoying. Any way that can be fixed?

James Gryphon

If I remember right this is a bug with the PM mod we use.

It can be fixed, but it won't be a quick process. It depends on getting the theme work I'm doing over at Loamhedge done, so that I can get the forum something of a fresh slate on the backend without it ruining the way everything looks for months.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

@Corn:  If you go to the Personal Messaging section of your profile settings and check the box "Show most recent conversation at top of list", that could help. :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Quote from: James Gryphon on August 21, 2017, 01:38:16 AM
If I remember right this is a bug with the PM mod we use.

It can be fixed, but it won't be a quick process. It depends on getting the theme work I'm doing over at Loamhedge done, so that I can get the forum something of a fresh slate on the backend without it ruining the way everything looks for months.

Oh, okay. If it's going to take a while/be a bother don't worry about it, my lazy butt will just deal with it. :)

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 21, 2017, 02:00:25 PM
@Corn:  If you go to the Personal Messaging section of your profile settings and check the box "Show most recent conversation at top of list", that could help. :)

That's the way I've always had my Inbox set up and always will. When I click the message for it to scroll me down the page, it flips.

The Skarzs

I have the same issue. I have just had to scroll down instead of clicking.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

So weird. My inbox always scrolls me down the page to the message when I click on the message link. I never had that box "Show most recent personal messages at top" clicked, but when I just now clicked it, I got the flipping thing. As long as you have that box unclicked, yours should scroll too. And to avoid having to jump to the last of however many pages are in your inbox to see the most messages, I sort all my messages into folders based on the sender, so all of the new messages in my inbox fall onto one page anyway.

Jetthebinturong

Are there any plans to fix the search function of the forum so that it shows every result rather than only one result per topic?

This has been an issue for quite a while, and it's very annoying when you're trying to find a post.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Matthias720

To the best of my knowledge that's just how the forum software works. There might be an addon that changes it, but I'm not confident.

James Gryphon

If you hit the "Search results as messages" box, it should display the result you're looking for in each individual post, including posts in the same thread. Otherwise it'll return only the most recent hit of the search phrase from a topic. It isn't accurate to say that it's "broken", so much as a feature with a default setting that people might not like (for understandable reasons). There might be an option to change it, if people want me to look into that.

(It's worth noting that this is only an option with advanced search; with regular I suppose it defaults to annoying mode.)
« Subject to editing »