News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

More Castaways of the flying dutchman

Started by Vilu Daskar, February 07, 2014, 10:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Do you think Brian Jacques would have written more Castaways books.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Captain Tammo

Mmm I don't think so. I wish he had because I liked them more than redwall at some points. However I think that's just because he didn't write 22 castaways books so they were still all pretty new in design. Not to say that redwall got old, I loved every single book! But I think it's because we didn't have as many castaway books that some of us wish for many more.

So to answer your question: no, I think he was going to leave it as a trilogy.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lutra

I think after leaving Ben with the knowledge of the pain and death of Serafina that I don't know where you could realistically take a story and not harp back on that event.  Could Mr. Jacques have written more? Sure...would it be worth it...not really.  Luckily, Castaways never fell into the formula Redwall did.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

I think that's because there was only 3 of them
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Vilu Daskar

I just want to know what happened to Ben after the end of the first one.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on February 15, 2014, 08:48:20 PM
I just want to know what happened to Ben after the end of the first one.
I think it'd be really cool if someone wrote a fanfic about that, with Ben and Ned in modern times!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Vilu Daskar

Captain Tammo

I know there was a popular fanfiction of him and Ned on the Titanic on fanfiction.net!

Vilu Daskar

Captain Tammo

I think it was actually Castaways5 who wrote it. He was a member on the forum!

Vilu Daskar

Cornflower MM

Did anyone other than me look at the years? The first book was set much, much later than the others. But I think he would have written another one, maybe ending with the pair finally dying or settling down.

Vilu Daskar