News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rern (Ashleg) versus Argunath (The Skarzs)

Started by Ashleg, October 03, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

The stone hit Argunath on the right side of the top of his head, and he stood up with a howl of pain, clapping a paw to the growing lump. His paw came away with spots of blood.
  He looked across the river angrily, through the tears that came into his right eye from the impact.
  The bald rat.
  Obviously he felt that his life was no longer worth living.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"You give me food or you die now, Cougar!" Rern screeched, hopping down and tramping irately through the stream towards Argunath.

The Skarzs

"I let you go once. You're dead now."
  Argunath drew his sword and held it pointed at the approaching rat.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The rat did not flinch. "You did not let me go--Rern is too fast for you!"
He whipped out his dagger and mimicked the motion Argunath had made with the sword, a coy smile playing knowingly across his face. He planted his paws in the grass. "Now, will big and strong Cougar come and catch me, if he can?"

The Skarzs

Argunath said nothing, not taking his eyes from his opponent as he considered his options. Rern was quick, that much he knew. It had saved his miserable life already.
  Of course, the cougar was no snail either.
  Taking a step back, Argunath leaped into the water, right at Rern.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

He had been expecting this. Still, a garbled scream escaped Rern's throat as he threw himself into the water off to the side of Argunath, surfacing quickly and with a giant gulp of air. Yes. His plan was working.
He, unlike his foe, was not weighted by heavy armor and fur.
"Cat did not get it!" the rat laughed.

The Skarzs

"You think I haven't dealt with a little water before?" yelled Argunath, sending a swift cut at Rern.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern yelped and tripped, avoiding the cut but going down in the water for a moment.
When he came up, he was wet, and angry.
"Rern was wrong," he spat. "You have."

In his claw, he clutched a rock that he had grabbed when he fell. Now, he hurled it strraight at Argunath's snout.

The Skarzs

The stone hit Argunath's chin with jarring force, knocking his vision out for a moment. He stumbled backwards into the stream.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern raced forward, swinging his dagger wildly.
"Ha! Cat got your tongue? Heheheh."

The Skarzs

Though he could hardly see straight, Argunath did his best to fend off Rern, using his much longer reach to create a cushion zone until he could stand up
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern scowled in frustration and rained down another hail of attempting blows, as he would not let this cougar overpower him. He could not.

The Skarzs

Argunath blocked what he could, most of Rern's cuts glancing off his armor. But the rat only had a knife, and was within Argunath's reach.
  He grabbed for Rern's throat with a large gauntleted paw.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"Gak!" Rern gasped, feeling the claws close around his throat.
He desperately tried to pry them off.