News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

When to Read Legend of Luke?

Started by Mosflower 4Life, November 12, 2017, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mosflower 4Life

I am reading through the Redwall books chronologically. I'm starting with Lord Brocktree and was wondering if I should read the middle part of Legend of Luke after Brocktree and before Martin. Then read the first and third parts after Mossflower and before Outcast. Or do I just read all of Legend of Luke after Mossflower and before Outcast. Thanks

Jukka the Sling

Well, to read the series in true chronological order, you could indeed read Legend of Luke all split up like you suggested.  Or you could just read the whole book after Mossflower.  It's up to you! :)  I personally read the entire series out of order and was fine.

I assume this isn't your first time reading the series?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

I would suggest reading The Legend of Luke after Mossflower, since the part about Luke is told as a story within Martin's timeline.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

I haven't read Legend of Luke yet but I'm planning on reading it soon
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

sunflashtheace

Having read the whole series numerous times I would wait till after you have read martin the warrior and mossflower after you read those then go ahead read it but after lord brocktree i would skip it for a little while.