News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Personality types

Started by Tannsrall, September 19, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tannsrall

I don't know much but this I took this quiz, the type I got (INFJ) perfectly matches me. http://16typequiz.com/quiz.html
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

W0NWILL

ISTP

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative. You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

Your second preference is for sensation. Sensors are pragmatic, precise people who are very detail oriented. Instead of looking at the big picture first, Sensors concentrate on specifics. They highly value experience and often have an excellent memory.

Your third preference is for thinking. Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation. Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Your fourth preference is for perceiving. Perceivers are flexible and spontaneous, working in spurts of energy instead of pursuing strict deadlines. You often wait to make decisions in order to take in new information.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't completely describe who I am, 'cause I'm me.

Rainshadow

INTP

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative.  You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

Your second preference is for intuition.  Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns.  Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for thinking.  Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation.  Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Your fourth preference is for perceiving.  Perceivers are flexible and spontaneous, working in spurts of energy instead of pursuing strict deadlines.  You often wait to make decisions in order to take in new information.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

If you really want to take a personality test and have it be instructive and as scientific-based as they come, I'd recommend the Keirsey Four temperate test, the most widely used and professional.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

I'm ENFP.

Your first preference is toward extroversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with other people. Other people are often energized by your presence as well, and you're usually seen as a 'people person'. You likely have a knack for persuading others.

Your second preference is for intuition. Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns. Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for feeling. Feeling, in this sense, has little to do with emotion. Feelers look for the subjective qualities in a situation that give it meaning and importance. Feelers are often less concerned with precise facts and more about what's right and wrong.

Your fourth preference is for perceiving. Perceivers are flexible and spontaneous, working in spurts of energy instead of pursuing strict deadlines. You often wait to make decisions in order to take in new information.

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

I am an INTJ. Depending on where you look, it's either the rarest or second-rarest personality type.

Quote from: http://typelogic.com/intj.htmlIntroverted iNtuition
INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.
Extraverted Thinking
Thinking in this auxiliary role is a workhorse. Closure is the payoff for efforts expended. Evaluation begs diagnosis; product drives process. As they come to light, Thinking tends, protects, affirms and directs iNtuition's offspring, fully equipping them for fulfilling and useful lives. A faithful pedagogue, Thinking argues not so much on its own behalf, but in defense of its charges. And through this process these impressionable ideas take on the likeness of their master.
Introverted Feeling
Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul.
Extraverted Sensing
Sensing serves with a good will, or not at all. As other inferior functions, it has only a rudimentary awareness of context, amount or degree. Thus INTJs sweat the details or, at times, omit them. "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts" could well have been said by an INTJ on a mission. Sensing's extraverted attitude is evident in this type's bent to savor sensations rather than to merely categorize them. Indiscretions of indulgence are likely an expression of the unconscious vengeance of the inferior.

Tannsrall

I did two takes on the other link link that was given and got Idealist (NF)

I am the law!

-

Tiria Wildlough

I got idealist too! Except I like the test that you linked better. :P
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

That one's simpler.

With David Keirsey's developed one, my answers seemed to be somewhat conflicting on how the questions were asked. Maybe it was because it was a weekday. I got Rationalist, and I would probably go with Architect (INTP)-Introversion, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving- if I had to choose.
But like categorizing the rainbow into just 16 colors, a personality test oversimplifies the vast complexity of it all. Everyone has elements of them all.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Using Tagg's test:

Your Keirsey Temperament Sorter Results indicates that your personality type is that of the Guardians.

Guardians are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services--from supervision to maintenance and supply -- and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses.

Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities. Guardians take pride in being dependable and trustworthy; if there's a job to be done, they can be counted on to put their shoulder to the wheel. Guardians also believe in law and order, and sometimes worry that respect for authority, even a fundamental sense of right and wrong, is being lost. Perhaps this is why Guardians honor customs and traditions so strongly -- they are familiar patterns that help bring stability to our modern, fast-paced world.

Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way, for in the long run loyalty, discipline, and teamwork get the job done right. Guardians are meticulous about schedules and have a sharp eye for proper procedures. They are cautious about change, even though they know that change can be healthy for an institution. Better to go slowly, they say, and look before you leap.

Guardians make up as much as 40 to 45 percent of the population, and a good thing, because they usually end up doing all the indispensable but thankless jobs everyone else takes for granted.

Guardians at Work
As a Guardian, you enjoy working as a valued member of a team, whether you are leading it or following a credible leader. You like to work with people who carry their weight. You appreciate having clear-cut responsibilities and being recognized for your dedication and achievements. Your natural traits are those that employers have traditionally valued - and that successful companies still respect. You are responsible and loyal to an organization once you've signed on.

You are most comfortable when your life is structured. As a result you usually prefer a workplace that lets you create a routine you can settle into. Because you are dependable and exacting, your colleagues and customers rely on your work. Your ideal job offers you a clear chain of command, and lets you progress through a hierarchy based on your meeting expectations.

The four types of Guardians are:

Provider (ESFJ) | Protector (ISFJ) | Supervisor (ESTJ) | Inspector (ISTJ)

Little surprise, but I really didn't like some of the questions because I would've picked a third answer to them if I didn't like either of the two options.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tannsrall

Exactly I could have picked both multiple times.

I am the law!

-

Skalrag of Marshank

I got ISTJ.

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative. You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

True, true...

Your second preference is for sensation. Sensors are pragmatic, precise people who are very detail oriented. Instead of looking at the big picture first, Sensors concentrate on specifics. They highly value experience and often have an excellent memory.

Yep, that's me... people tell me I have a good memory...

Your third preference is for thinking. Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation. Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Uh-huh...

Your fourth preference is for judging. Judgers are structured and organized, preferring an orderly environment over disorganization. They are decisive planners who like bringing closure to projects. Judgers often feel comfortable with deadlines and can easily work within them.

Yeah...I'm OCD, so I'm OBSESSED with organization.

I agree with some of the other people here who took the test, though...some of the questions were pretty weird. I prefer multiple-choice type personality quizzes. I don't really like the "on a scale of 1-4, which is most like you?" type ones. But that's just me... :P
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Rusvul

i got enfp, its not entirely accurate. i answered three to most things. i think the quiz is a bit shallow and innacurate, personally. it doesnt ask the questions it should. for example: do you enjoy working with your hands? do you enjoy logic puzzles? things like that.