naima

it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Faiyloe

I am a girl but that's Ok and your welcome.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Vilu Daskar

I'v seen otters at the zoo and one time there were mice in our house
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

brocka

I've fed Fox Squirrels by my door. Once I saw a Least Weasel at a local park. I fed cabbage to a backyard rabbit. We had mice at a workplace.  A few years ago, a beaver chewed down several trees at the same park as the weasel lived in, before he was moved by the wildlife control people. Sparrows nested in my gutter and one lone sparrow slept under my awning during a very rough winter. I saw a Northern Goshawk kill a pigeon outside the patio door. There are several Eastern Pipistrelles that hunt insects near my living room window. They catch bugs that are attracted by the outdoor light. I once rescued a fish that had stranded on  the beach at Lake Erie.  I often see Red Foxes as I'm driving to work.

brocka

Forgot to say: I've seen water snakes in local streams and Garter snakes hatching in the spring. They are non-venomous but I keep clear of them anyway.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

brocka, pleaze dinnae double pozt. If ye 'ave zummat more tae add tae yer pozt juzt edit it.

Quote from: brocka on September 25, 2013, 05:43:45 AM
I've fed Fox Squirrels by my door. Once I saw a Least Weasel at a local park. I fed cabbage to a backyard rabbit. We had mice at a workplace.  A few years ago, a beaver chewed down several trees at the same park as the weasel lived in, before he was moved by the wildlife control people. Sparrows nested in my gutter and one lone sparrow slept under my awning during a very rough winter. I saw a Northern Goshawk kill a pigeon outside the patio door. There are several Eastern Pipistrelles that hunt insects near my living room window. They catch bugs that are attracted by the outdoor light. I once rescued a fish that had stranded on  the beach at Lake Erie.  I often see Red Foxes as I'm driving to work.

WEASELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jukka the Sling

I've seen squirrels and rabbits!  :D And probably other Redwall animals at the zoo or something.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

naima

i went back to my parents' place this weekend and went for a walk around their village and between a church and a small green area, there were bats flying everywhere. bats really are one of the most magical animals to watch doing their thing, as well as listening because they make their beautifully subtle clicks to echo-locate. if you have good hearing, then you'll be lucky enough to hear them.

(frank turner)

Emperor Ublaz

I've seen rats in real life. Touched them, too. They're actually not evil or disgusting like most people seem to think.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

naima

Quote from: Emperor Ublaz on October 03, 2013, 04:43:47 PM
I've seen rats in real life. Touched them, too. They're actually not evil or disgusting like most people seem to think.

of course not! i love rats... i was planning on getting two of them as pets for a while, but then two guinea-pigs were offered to me for free by my boss, so i figured it would be better to take them.

alas... no guinea-pigs in redwall. at least i doubt there are any in the books i haven't yet read

(frank turner)

Sanddunes

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on August 19, 2013, 06:09:21 PM
That's great!

Oh gosh, I forgot about squirrels! What an obvious one! I've seen plenty of grey squirrels, but only seen a red in captivity.

I've seen the odd snake (not sure if it was an adder or a grass snake), frogs and toads and lizards (the latter while in Malta and Spain).

When I used to have a blow up paddling pool in the garden, twice a frog found its way into it! I actually played with it a bit before it got sent away to a proper pond.

We have red squirrels where we live
Also I'd seen foxes, hares(different species from the books), beavers, mice, rats, voles, every type of bird in the books, toads, frogs, snakes, and lizards

The Skarzs

Awesome!
We lack many animals from the books here. . . No red squirrels, no foxes or stoats, no badgers, no wildcats (we have lynxes and cougars. . .) and no hares.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

We have all of the animals you listed as not having.

Maudie

Where I live we have mice. And cats. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Krantor the Brutal

We have a tree in which an owl and a rat live together.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein