News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Goody Stickle's Strawberry Fruit Flan

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 11:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Goody Stickle's Strawberry Fruit Flan

Ingredients:
-1/2 c Unsalted margarine
-2 tb Unsalted margarine
-3/4 c Sugar
-2 Eggs
-2 tb Evaporated milk
-1/4 ts Vanilla
-1 1/4 c Flour
-2 ts Baking powder
-1 lb Fresh strawberries (or more)
-3 tb Sugar
-1 pk Red transparent glaze

In small bowl, mix margarine, sugar and eggs until creamy. Add evaporated milk and vanilla.

In another bowl, sift flour and baking powder together. Stir into margarine mixture in small amounts.

Grease a 12 inch fruit flan tin with a fluted rim. Sprinkle with flour. Pour in mixture and spread evenly with a knife.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes after removing from oven.

Drain strawberries; reserve juice. Turn cake upside down and fill with strawberries. (If strawberries are very large, you may want to slice them in half. Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for 1 hour.) Add the strawberry juice to the glaze mix. Prepare glaze, following instructions on back of package. (NOTE: If you have accumulated approximately 1/2 cup of juice from the strawberries, and the glaze mix requires 1 cup of water, use the 1/2 cup of juice plus 1/2 cup of water to make 1 cup of liquid.) Pour glaze over strawberries.

This recipe donated by Bluetip Blackcat
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.