News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Roleplaying Advice

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: rachel25 on August 04, 2013, 03:44:25 PM
I'm thinking about maybe joining the next RP tournament but should I join a normal RP first  :)

It depends.  If you want to score well in the tournament, it's best to get some experience.  Not saying that you absolutely need it to win, it's just easier to win if you have some roleplaying experience.  If you want to learn how to roleplay better, I don't think the next tournament will be starting for awhile, but tournaments are a very good way to learn how to better your writing, since you get judged and critiqued.  But, seeing as the next one is probably a long way off, it might be a good idea to join a fresh RP.  One that hasn't started yet is best, in my opinion.  ;)

But that's just my opinion, which is coming from a very tired mind.  One that's been mushed from sitting in the car for seven hours, learning the lyrics to Seussical Jr. songs.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on June 04, 2013, 12:18:03 AM
Erm, so I came across a suggestion for RPing which I thought was interesting, and I figured this is the place to put it... I was told that RPs which are done in an "episode" format actually last longer than most other ones, and help keep up interest. Also, it is good for characters who can only be there sometimes: they can be present in certain "episodes" and absent in others without too much fuss.

For clarification on what I mean by "episode" format: Basically, an RP in this style would consist of a series of relatively short adventures/escapades/etc. The "series" could conceivably run on forever, as long as one or two people kept up interest and had ideas. Also, it could be set aside for a while between episodes, then picked up later.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Didnae ve dae zummat like zat viz ze very firzt RP zat ve did on ziz forum (For zoze zat remember it)?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Romsca

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 05, 2013, 04:47:17 AM
But that's just my opinion, which is coming from a very tired mind.  One that's been mushed from sitting in the car for seven hours, learning the lyrics to Seussical Jr. songs.  :P

We're Whos here, we are Whos, here. Smaller than the eye can see! :o

'Twas a SOOOUUUUURRRR KAAANNNNGGAAARRRROOOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, even though I did roleplays before joining the tournament, that didn't help that much. You don't have to roleplay before joining the tournament, as long as you know how to write well

rachel25

ok my sister might be able to help me with my writing skills but I think I might go and look for a RP to join just to see what its like because I've done a lot on this Forum but never a RP  :)

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

I did what I said I would and now I'm currently in three running RPs I've been in one and finished and I'm starting my own and I'm signed up in another one  ;D I like Role Playing  ;D

BrookSkimmer

This board is not for discussion outside of RP advice.   ;)

Cornflower MM

I have some advice!

After your RP gets to about 40 or 50 pages, I'd cut it off, and make a sequel. It'll help keep up the interest, people who thought the RP was too far sahead to join can, and who knows? You may even get a fresher outlook! It's also a good time to introduce new characters you may have been hiding. ;)

The Skarzs

If you start an RP, and you want an Character Sheet for everyone to use, instead of putting it as a post on the first page of the OOC, where you would have to go back every time to look at it, make a poll, labeling each option for each section of the sheet. That way it is at the top of every page.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Ah, so that's why you did that. I did wonder
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Hey I would like to join a Role play that's active but there just doesn't seem many going on, if someone wants to start them I am very active and I would love to give it a go.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

My RP, could use another player, I am fairly active, I just don't have anyone that posts often enough for me to do anything (excluding Rain). Anyway, my RP is The Song of the Explorer.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Alright I will look into it Thx

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Is it allowed to have two RPs going at the same time?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.