News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Over-Father

Started by LT Sandpaw, January 25, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

OOC: Aaron isn't a captain, just a normal otter guard.

BIC: Aaron's eyes flashed up to meet Blirth's. "Hello. I'm Aaron, the unfortunate guard sent to pick you up," he said, sarcasm dripping from his tone. "We'll wait for Mask there to reach us, then we can leave for the Holt."

OOC: Get my reference? Get it? Eh? Eh?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Alana crossed her arms as she took the last step up to the hilltop.
"Wait for me? I was waiting for you to catch up, Acolyte Blirth."
The masked otter felt her sword beneath the robes. Good, just in case.
"I'm afraid we can't go anywhere until you see High Priest Jade. He has asked us to bring you to him before we leave for Summerdell."
Alana kept her eyes on Aaron's lance as she waved down to Jade.

Jukka the Sling

Serene gave a smile to the young ottermaid.  "I think the cook's right!  Aye, it is good."  She wished it was a bit hotter, though.

The Queen then said something about both sides wishing to avoid bloodshed.  "Aye, my lady," the Captain said quietly in agreement, and quickly drained her cup to the bottom.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Aaron's sarcastic smile was wiped from his face. "Ah, sorry, but no. My orders are to bring to the High Rhulain." His lancetip dropped forward a little bit. "And no compromises."

LT Sandpaw

"Lower your weapon Mister Galedeep, there shall be no need of the spear today. All shall be discussed and fought with the tongue." Jade having seen Alana's wave and thinking she had been distressed he had moved rather quickly to the base of the hill, only to stop and walk regally the rest of the way. Once there he had no reason to wait for the otter to be brought to him, though it did irk him that he, High Priest Jade had to approach a guardbeast.

"Lead on. Do as you were ordered." Jade nodded to Aaron to lead the way. "These two shall accompany me." He motioned to Blirth and Alana.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Put off, Aaron twirled his lance. "'Tis not a spear, it's a lance. I don't see any issue with two others with you two accompanying him. Let's go."

The otter about faced and started down the Summerdell side of the hill.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey Jukka could your new character meet up with Cadby and his crew as they come ashore?

BIC:

"I have no need to be lectured about the proper name of your weapon guardbeast." Jade's voice was still calm and slow, but it had a new commanding ring to it. He smiled pointedly at Aaron's retreating back before walking after him, motioning for the two Over-Followers to follow.

~*~*~*~*~

An almighty splash soaked the crewbeasts as they dropped it into the water. Not that it had fallen far with the water splashing at the bottom of the railing. Waving to Cadby Bart tried to get the fox's attention.

"Ahoy, Cap'n! Last dinghy is away, we should launch th' raft!"

~*~*~*~*~

Breeia nodded in a distracted manner walking over to the room's windows glancing down. Her eyes widened as she spotted the four beasts approaching from the hills.

"There they are captain. Arron has three of them with him, and they are approaching the main entrance."

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Sure!
BIC:

The young Over-Follower Morgen was on the beach, eying the ship out in the distance and the beasts abandoning it.  He wondered if he should go alert someone, but... no.  The last time he'd alerted someone about something it had turned out to be unimportant, and he was determined not to be ridiculed again.  So he simply decided to wait for the beasts to come ashore and decide what to do after that.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

Alana had nearly pulled out her sword when Aaron readied his weapon, but the swift, unexpected approach of Jade cancelled that. She watched the Otterguard closely as they set off, still not trusting him.

~O~

Near Morgen's footpaws, the water bubbled. A tall, bulky sea otter propelled himself out and landed on the sand next to the Over-Follower Disciple. The otter shook himself off and looked in the direction of Morgen.
"Oh, no. I come here to find Alana and the first beast I meet is one of you?"
The otter shook his head. His eyes flashed with red for a split second as he grabbed the Disciple by the throat.
"Listen quick. My name is Adamo Irontail. My daughter, Alana, where is she? Surely your "all powerful" High Priest knows where everybeast on this island is, so he can stab 'em in the back when they ain't lookin'!"
Adamo released Morgen, shoving him away.
"Forget it, I'll ask the High Rhulain when I tell her about the ship. At least she has some sense..."
With that, Alana's father left the young Disciple on the beach as he trekked in the direction of Summerdell.

OOC: That was probably PPing, sorry.

Hickory

OOC: Whoa.

BIC: Cadby roared out orders hastily. "Bart, get on the dinghy now! You four, ready the raft and get everyone on it."

Yelling down into the bowels of the rapidly sinking ship, the fox ordered everybeast to come out and get on the boat. Wasting not a second, the captain of a doomed vessel released the makeshift raft into the water before making an almighty leap onto it himself. "Let's hope Irontail did his job," the fox muttered to himself as both small boats made their way to shore. Cadby turned to see his ship sink below the merciless waters, forever lost to him.

Jukka the Sling

Morgen picked himself up, throwing a hate-laden glance in Adamo's direction, but not wanting to cause trouble with the older and bigger otter.

Groddil

Adamo looked over his shoulder. He would have to be careful if he saw that one again, could cause trouble.
"Hmph, cultists. If they've touched Alana, I swear..."

OOC: Can we do a timeskip so Jade and co. have reached Summerdell? Cadby and the crew can be on shore by then as well.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: We are doing a Timeskip as Groddil requested.

BIC:

Jade and his Acolyte and Disciple followed Guardbeast Aaron up into the palace flanked by two more of the Otterguard. The six beasts stopped before the throne room doors as a announcer bowed his way inside, before slipping out again, nodding to Aaron.

"The queen shall see them now."

"But of course she shall. Did she not invite me here to talk, in good faith?" Jade soothed his completive gaze lingering on the two Otterguards that stood beside them, weapons at the ready.

Breeia stood before her throne watching the door in a mixture of fear and curiosity. To her right stood Serene, and to the left Glimmer stood a little ways back looking lost. The High Rhulain sucked in her breath as the door swung open.

OOC: Sage by this time you should be close to or on land. I'd assume a few of the clan otter NPCs will be ready to meet them. Along with Morgen.

Hickory

OOC: Ok, thanks.

BIC: Cadby was fully standing up on the raft, watching the dinghy further ahead making landfall. He watched the lone otter standing on the shore, and the contingent of what were clearly otter guard making their way towards the shore. Not even caring what the single otter was doing, the black fox called out. "Ahoy, otter guard! Make way for my crew in that boat there."

Turning his attention to Bart's boat, he gave his orders. "Beach the boat and wait for me."

Groddil

Alana and looked around at the palace she grew up in. She spied the High Rhulain and several otterguard: Clearly they didn't want to take chances. Wise Decision. The Disciple glanced at Breeia. If the High Rhulain had been a little younger, the two would probably have grown up together. Imagine the power she could have had then...