News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, June 05, 2016, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

After checking himself for anything, and finding nothing but a hammer with an angled end and a large knife, Skarzs followed the otter with casual steps, making sure he didn't pass her by. He didn't really feel like talking to Faiy, since they had just met, and he was content to observe how she acted.
  For now, he simply looked around, thinking about nothing in general, noting a rock here and a plant there, and occasionally a broken shell of a young crab where it was eaten by gulls. He tried not to focus on his confusion, as he couldn't answer any questions he had. So he walked in silence, watching the mountain grow gradually closer under the beating sun.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Licking his forepaws Sandpaw was concluding his blackberry feast when he heard something crack behind him. It was barely audible, yet some key instinct flickered to life in the back of his head. Slowly the rat turned, trusting his large flappy ears more than his eyes, though he continued to scan the surrounding trees.

Sure enough, approaching through the underbrush, two figures could be seen, clearly doing their best to stay hidden. Sandpaw decided that he might as well speak, but just to be safe he dropped to his knees and scooped up several walnut sized river stones in his paw. He wasn't sure why, but he felt he could hurl a round rock hard and accurate at a close target.

Standing again Sandpaw addressed the approaching figures with as much confidence as he could muster, there was the slight hope that who, or whatever it was would be helpful in reminding him of who he truly was, and why he was there.

"Ahem, hi, you two in the trees. I see ya there, might as well come out before I clonk yall with a rock." The two figures stopped, and seemed to hold a whispered conference before standing in full view. It was a pair of weasels, both around his age, with blackberry dye painted in their fur, and as Sandpaw was quick to notice, ragged clothing. Brandishing homemade clubs they crashed through the bushes until they were flanking each other waving the fire hardened batons under Sandpaw's sensitive nose. The young rat was sure he had never seen them before, as he would have remembered the stench they gave off.

"Harr he's a berry thief little brother, thas' wot 'e is. We ought ter club 'is bounce. Shan't we?" The first growled not truly sounding confident with this idea. Sandpaw quickly took a step back tightening his grip on the pebbles.

"Hang on, why'a do that?" He snapped defensively, mentally preparing himself for a potential scuffle.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Groddil's ears pricked up. He could hear something nearby, something that sounded like talking. Flipping the fish from the fire, the fox notched an arrow to his bowstring. His keen sense of smell picked up something that smelled positively awful coming from the same direction. He slowly crept through the bushes, brandishing his weapon. There were two filthy weasels, armed with clubs, threatening a rat that looked around the same age as himself. The other creature looked capable enough, but might not be very good up against two opponents. Groddil grinned, at least there was a way to challenge them from afar. He pulled the arrow back further and let it loose, where it thudded into one of the weasel's footpaws.
"Gaaaaah! Wha' was 'at for? Liddle dung beetle! 'Ammer 'is skull in!"
Groddil stood in the bush nervously, still clutching the bow. He looked around stupidly, before drawing the knife and leaping out, tackling the weasel to the ground.
"Ooowwww..."
"Er, hello rat. Need some help here?"

Faiyloe

It was not long before Faiy began to notice the suns angry glare against her back and sholders. She soon found that she could walk in the shadow of her new found companion which granted her a little relief. He did not seem interested in conversation and for some odd reason Faiy could not seem to recall anything conversation worthy so they walked in silence. Finally she spoke up "So... Is it just me, or can you not remember anything aside from odd bits and pieces that seem to make no sense?"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

The sudden arrival of a rather violent fox turned the sticky situation in Sandpaw's favor, though he wasn't sure what to think of the fox he hardly liked the fact he had just swatted the weasel on the head.
"Hey everyone, cool your jets, lets figure this out first. Um fox, thanks for the backup but don-" He didn't get much farther because one of the weasels prodded him in the stomach with his club. Sandpaw grunted and doubled up while the weasel stamped his footpaws angrily.

"Tell th' tod ter leave me brother alone," He shouted angrily before rounding on Groddil. "Stop'it or we'll make ye fish bait wit' me club. See?" He waved the rod around wildly accidently smacking his moaning brother in the nose.

"OW, me snoze!"

"Would you stop waving those things around!" Sandpaw shouted in irritation his eyes watering as the backswing from the rather beat up little brother swatted him in the head. The young rat sat down glaring at all present. "What's going on here? Where'd ya'll even come from anyway?"

The older weasel brother answered first, keeping a weather eye on the fox. "We're th' fierce gang Blood n' gutters, an' this is our turf see. An' yer stealing me n' me brother's berries see, an' ye." He glared at Groddil, "Are tressin-passin, aye, so ye 'ave ter give us everythin' ye 'ave."

Sandpaw blinked at the youthful, weasel gangster before looking at the silver furred fox. "What about you bro? What's your beef?"

Skyblade

Quote from: Thomas Barkshield on June 07, 2016, 10:46:06 PM
OOC: the idea is that both the real worlde and the new me were reading at the same time

OOC: There's only one you, the one you are now. The book and tent aren't a big deal, though, so let's drop the topic before it gets more complicated :P

BIC:

Skyblade could taste the mouse's awkwardness. "Ah, sorry to hear that, I guess," she replied equally awkwardly. Pausing, she looked around and found what she was looking for: a tree she might actually be able to climb.

"I'm going to get a better idea of where I am, so I can stop being, you know, lost." The badger scrambled up the bark, trying to make her actions seem fluent and easy.

A few moments later, Skyblade leaped onto the ground with a spark in her black eyes. "Aimless Gallivanter, there's a building nearby, that way." She gestured down the path. "It's within walking distance. Maybe they can help us."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Groddil

Groddil rolled his eyes.
"I THOUGHT I had enough of this nonsense ALREADY! You want my things? FINE! TAKE THEM!"
He clobbered the weasel in the nose with the handle of his knife.
"WAS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED? HUH?"
"Gaaaahh! Me nose! Stop it!"
The fox panted heavily, throwing the weapon aside. He stared at the weasel nursing his bloodied face with contempt and spat.
"I hate being treated like this. If you open your mouth one more time, I SWEAR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!"
Groddil threw himself to the ground beside Sandpaw.
"Umm, sorry about that. I've been through a lot, I don't know what came over me."
Been through what? he thought. I can't remember.
"Just...Just don't leave me alone here, okay? I'm friendly, really. Ya just need ta get ta know me. I-I-I got food an' a fire..."

Aimless Gallivanter

Aimless Gallivanter watched with disguised amusement as the badger climbed the tree. She was pretty sure they weren't supposed to do that.

"A building? So you're headed that way?" She stared off into the distance, chewing on the inside of her cheek, then seemed to refocus as she made a decision. She looked back at Skyblade. "Do you mind if I go with you?"
im gay!!!!!!

Skyblade

"I wouldn't mind at all, Aimless Gallivanter." A nickname would be really helpful here. Skyblade smiled at the mouse and began heading down the path.

As Skyblade walked, she tried to think some more. She glanced at Aimless Gallivanter, and as she did, a chill ran down her back. The mouse seemed familiar somehow, which made no sense, considering that Skyblade was currently memory-less. Perhaps it was deja vu.

"Can I call you Galli?" she said. With a shrug, she added, "It's a nickname that just popped into my head, and fewer syllables than "Aimless Gallivanter"."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Aimless Gallivanter

"Thank you." She grinned and fell in step with Skyblade.

"Galli is perfect. And can I call you... Sky?" Galli felt better being Galli. It certainly felt more comfortable than Aimless Gallivanter.
im gay!!!!!!

Thomas Barkshield

Tom heard the sounds of a commotion nearby and decided to investigate. Thinking it would be useful he grabbed the sword and jogged to the fray. Upon arrival he was greeted by a strange array of woodland creatures. Thinking it would be the best option, he offered his hand to anyone who would take it.
"Hullo, my name is Thomas. Whats yours?"

OOC:" @Skyblade The idea is thats its just a transfer from one world to another, but it doesn't matter. Think of it like falling asleep and waking up in a dream.

LT Sandpaw

"I won' talk n'more, pweese sthap." The eldest weasel groaned laying submissively on the ground. His brother made no move to aid him and the "Fearsome gang," sat rather put out on the grass. Sandpaw scooted a little away from the fox eyeing him fearfully. He remained on the ground nursing his head listening as the fox attempted to convince him he was friendly. Sandpaw wasn't entirely convinced, actions certainly spoke louder than words.

"Alright bro, you're friendly, we're cool." He said plaintively, though ready to bolt at a moment's notice. "Look just don't hit me okay, I'm not going to leave you alone, I guess." Sandpaw stood up quickly adjusting his tunic. "So what's your name? I could just call you foxy," He chuckled winking," But you can call me Sandpaw, Sandpaw um..." Did he have a last name? He couldn't think of anything, just the letters 'L' and 'T' but those had no names to accompany them. He hesitated for a moment longer then shrugged. "Just Sandpaw, I'm a rat in case you didn't know." He waited for a moment, then remembering what was polite he held out his paw.

Groddil

"Oh, er...sorry. I-I don't want to hit you. I'm just sick of dealing with anybeast that acts like THAT. I'm...ummm...Groddil, I think."
The fox reached out his paw and gave Sandpaw's a hearty shake.
"So, uhh...Did you want ta come ta my fire? I got a fish nearly cooked, an' I could never finish it on my own. An' we could make a shelter or somethin' too. How's about...a lean-to, maybe?"
How did he know how to make a lean-to? Groddil's head was really starting to hurt. He really hoped Sandpaw wouldn't run off.

Kitsune

GROUP TWO

Soft eyes flickered open to leaves everywhere. Something was not right. The fox started to get up as if expecting a fight, but stopped halfway to examine his paws.

What.... am I?

The fox looked around for something reflective, but saw nothing but trees and shrubbery. He slowly examined his face with his hands and looked curiously at the tail that apparently belonged to him.

I think I'm... a fox?

The fox stood up from the crouch he had been in and looked around again.

Where am I? And.. who am I?

The fox held his head in his hands, desperately trying to remember anything previous. The only thing that came to his mind was "Kitsune". He assumed that this must be his name.

Even if it's not, it's good enough for me to use for now.

Kitsune looked around for a third time. He did not like feeling off-guard, and not knowing how he got there disturbed him. He was about to sit down again to collect his thoughts, when a faint voice caused him to snap his head in the direction it came from. He decided to investigate. Quietly.

-•-•-•-

After the painstaking process of moving the long distance across the forest floor without snapping a twig, Kitsune was able to make out the voices. It sounded like people were talking about fires and fish. He could definitely smell it cooking. Kitsune instinctively reached for the slim sword in his belt, but when he grabbed it, he looked down in surprise.

When did I get this? ....Or this bow and these arrows? Or this pack?

Kitsune decided to open the pack and found a few small pieces of bread inside.  He started to feel dizzy; nothing was making sense anymore. He shook his head and cautiously approached the small camp from a small hill nearby, being careful to not let any part of him be seen. It seemed like there was a fox and a rat talking to an elderly weasel. Kitsune decided to stay hidden until he judged if it was safe.

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: in case it wasn't clear, I was barging in on groddil and sandpaw