News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Downtown

Started by Hickory, January 02, 2017, 05:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

OOC-
That would be awesome.
IC-
"Really? I'm not?" Connie teased, whipping the vehicle around suddenly and tearing down the street to the left.
Matthias Drive was right there, he could see the front of his cousin's motorcycle sticking out from behind the bushes...

LT Sandpaw

Back on the road Kat caught up easily, not noticing anything amiss, besides the speeding red sports car she was currently chasing. Preforming a quick wheelie the mouse cop grinned wickedly. "You should have stayed on the grass ferret!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

Katrina sighed and wiped her brow. She finally had gotten off her shift. She had worked at Esmeralda's Wardrobe and Spa for almost four years now, but the long days working as the assistant-manager were tough, especially when the manager took advantage of her hard work and slacked off.

"I'm clocking out!" She called over her shoulder as she punched her code into a front counter register. She got a snore from manager in the back as a response. Lazy squirrel.

Grabbing her purse and coat, she headed out the door and walked to the elevator, heels clicking on the tiles. Normally, working on the 5th floor of a tower mall didn't bother her, but today she dreaded the fact that Esmeralda's was so high up, as a certain otter eyed her the whole way down the elevator. Perve.

Quickly exiting the mall, she stepped out onto Matthias Drive. She noticed that a group of people on motorcycles across the street that looked like... oh, what's his name... that perp Connie's lot. She looked down the street as the noise from a familiar red sports car caught her attention. She also noticed the cop chasing him at high speeds. She reached into the bottom of her purse and attached the silencer to the front of her sub-machine gun, but kept it in her purse. What the devil had he gotten himself into now?

Ashleg

Almost...almost...
Connie passed the area where his allies were lying in wait and watched and they pulled out and blocked the street before Kat could follow him.
A large truck pulled in to the thin path they had come down, and the mouse was surrounded.
Connie stopped his car and dug his claws into the steering wheel, smirking evilly.

Kat was stuck.
Connie's cousin, a strong looking ferret, pointed a gun at the cop. The vermin around him laughed.
"Are you messin' with our kin, Copper?" He sneered.

LT Sandpaw

Not noticing the trap until too late Kat sprang from her motorcycle reaching for her pistol as she started towards Connie. "Smart thing to do surrendering. You've got the right to an attorney, if you can't afford one, one will be-" She stopped mid-sentence, glancing at the big ferret behind her and realizing the rather obvious predicament she was in.

For the first time in a long time a note of true fear was struck in her heart.

"N-no, I mean, let's keep things cool now mates," she advised taking her paw slowly off her holstered pistol and raising them into the air. "This'll be an easy one year sentence for small crimes, a-and minor theft. You don't want to turn this into something bigger then it has to be right?"

Kitsune

Katrina bit her lip nervously. This was going downhill fast, and she didn't want to be involved if the cop got killed. Pulling the collar of her coat up, she started to walk down the road, away from the confrontation scene, hoping she hadn't been noticed.

Ashleg

Connie hopped out of his car and shut the door, sauntering up to his cousin.
His red eyes locked with Kat's and his paw was on his pistol.
He seemed to be in charge, as the other vermin stepped back and watched carefully.
"You're very hopeful, Cop...I'm not going anywhere."
There was loud snickering from the others.
"You know," he mused, getting closer to the mouse. "If you drop the charges and never mention this again, we'll be happy to let you go..."

Hickory

Marcus's voice came from the radio. "Officer Fletcher, we've managed to ID the ferret and his vehicle. His record is far from clean, if you can apprehend him I suggest you do so."

Checking the sector map, Marcus tracked Moore's location. "Back up is on the way, Fletcher."

The hedgehog was puzzled as to why Kat's vehicle had stopped moving. But the suspect had also stopped, so he assumed that Kat was simply doing her job.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"Right, certainly. Ye all trundle off, and I'll forget this ever happened." Kat agreed knowing full well that this incident could hardly be forgotten, even if she wanted too. Threatening a cop in broad daylight was serious, and if criminals got away with this just once it'd be a disaster. Of course Kat wasn't going to mention that, she was far more invested into saving herself from being gunned down.

Her radio sounded, but she made no move to answer it, keeping her eyes fixated on Connie and his cousin. Her gaze flickered towards a female fox that was standing idly by watching. Either she was a part of this, or she was dumb enough to stick around, Kat made a mental note of her presence only for the vixen to pull up her collar and walk away.

Ashleg

Connie idly ran a claw around the barrel of his gun, glancing up ever so often to look at Kat.
A snicker rose in his throat.
"For some reason I don't believe you. Maybe it's best we kill you..."

Groddil

A loud screech filled the air, somewhere behind Connie.
"Now, ah'm shore ya don't wanna do dat, sonny."
A huge falcon perched on a nearby powerline.
"Ah'm shore ah dat. Ya put a bullet in da coppah, an' ya make life a whooole lot hahdah fah us. All ah us. So whah don't ya lower dat gun o' yahs. She'll get hahs one day. Yah, one day soon."
A squirrel in a pinstriped suit stepped out of the alley, brandishing his tommy gun.
"'Ey, ferret! T'ings'll be a whole lot bettah fah all ah us if ya don't pull dat triggah. You kill a cop, yah make 'em crack down on crime. You do dat, dat interfere's wit' Mistah Falcone's business. An' ya know what happens ta beasts who mess wit Mistah Falcone, don't ya? The concrete goes 'round ya footpaws and we t'row ya in da rivah. Is dat what ya want? Nobeast has crossed Mistah Falcone an' lived ta tell th' tail afore. What makes ya think two petty thieves like yous is gonna be the first?"

LT Sandpaw

The last creatures she ever expected to aid her, seemed to have come from nowhere to save her. Kat decided not to question the odd occurrence and simply nodded along with the narrative. "Yes, that's right you don't want to make business for Mr. Falcone difficult. So why don't we all stop pointing gun barrels at the copper, eh?"

Backup was coming, with some luck none of these criminals would be getting away.

Groddil

The falcon continued to speak, not even bothering to look at Kat.
"An' you, missy. Yah gonna fahgit all about how ya sah me taday. Don't want ya stickin' ya snout where it don't belong, do we? Yah gonna tell all ya friends that these two filth crahlahs got away, or that ya got dem easily. Yah not gonna say anythin' about that gun, y'hear? The less ya friends know, the less likely they ah ta get 'urt."

Ashleg

Connie growled and shoved the gun in his coat pocket, glaring daggers at Falcone.
"Oh no, I'd never want ta make you mad...never...."
Without saying another word he turned tail and bullied his way through the crowd and back up to his car.
Slamming the door shut, he backed up and drove off.

Groddil

"Gooood..."
The falcon flew off into the alley, disappearing from sight.