News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Jason nodded, following Del into the woods.
"Glad you decided to join me, kid. We should stick to the woods until we find something useful. A car, food, anything. Less zombies here, and more places to hide."
The man stopped, taking his pistol out.
"Oh, and I almost forgot. Wait here, be back soon. I don't feel like letting them all die, so I'm going to go and HELP them."
Jason jogged back to the treeline. Loading two bullets into the chamber, just in case he missed, Jason aimed the pistol at Wilbur and pulled the trigger. The pistol's muzzle flashed twice, two bullets shooting forth. Not bothering to see if they hit or not, the survivor was already running back to Del as soon as the gun fired.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Wilbur is hit twice - once in the shoulder and once in the leg. Neither is fatal, but he will need treatment, and will be slow and vulnerable.

This was unexpected, but I like where it's going! Two rival groups.  :D
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

LT Sandpaw

"Wha-" Antonio fell to the ground covering his head as Wilbur was hit. Cussing he fumbled for his gun dropping it, and its mag. Deciding discretion was the better part of valor he slipped behind a tree leaving the fallen weapon where it was.

"Jason, Jason what're you doing? What was he doing?" He yelled looking around at the others, worried they might start shooting as well.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

"Breaking away..." said Kyle in response.

Tentatively aiming the tesla at where Jason had stood, Kyle started forward. After quickening his pace and disappearing into he fields he returned. "Already gone. God, I hope I didn't do anything to make him do it."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Wilbur, who had said nothing last time Jason had confronted him, came crashing down. Both his wounds seared with pain, as he kept yelling on the top of his lungs, "I'M GONNA DIE! I'M GONNA DIE!" His legs were kicking and right arm grabbing his hit shoulder. Through his squinting he saw Jason rushing away.

A flash of rage came over the writer as he lay there wounded, stricken with fear. Where he was hit raged rapidly in pain, but it pushed the hatred inside him. With his right hand, now covered in the Crimson substance, he reached for his own gun. With all of the energy he had left that was not used to cry out in a bloody murder, he pulled the weapon out and continuously pulled the trigger in the general direction of Jason. The pain sadly overcame the young soul, but he faded out with the satisfied feeling of using his earlier mistake; Attracting the Zombies to the gunshot sound.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul had involuntarily let out a little cry when the gunshot went off and startled her. Hoping no one had noticed, she rushed over to Wilbur, kneeling down by him and stuttering. "Uh... the bleeding, we - um... we need to stop it. Uh... does anybody have something to stop the blood? Uh... is anybody - er, does anyone know what to do?" She glanced up, making a mental note of where Jason had run. Who knew if he would come back to attack someone else.

She looked over to her left, pointing. "There. We can get to that barn and hide out in there, just in case any zombies heard us."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

OOC: If Wilbur was trying to alert zombies to Jason, he shouldn't have shot his gun. Now all he had was make it even easier for them to find YOU.

(By the way, killing you was Del's idea, Gonff. ;D )

Delthion

OOC: Oh thanks Groddil... ;D

BIC: After the shots Delthion tore off into the woods. Glancing back to see Jason following him.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Well, the man was shot twice and on the verge of passing out; He had to think of something. Also, Wilbur dones't know what Del thought  ;D

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Fatch of Southsward

Original Group:

Zombies seemed to be materializing from all sides - attracted by the gunshots, which had rung out for miles. There had to be over a hundred of them - far too many for the group to handle. There was no choice left in the matter - they made for the Barn Eul had pointed out. (If you want, you can add things to the barn - like a farmhouse or anything you want.)

They laid the unconscious Wilbur in the hay - it was up to Antonio to save him. The sun was quickly setting outside.

Group 2 (Jason and Delthion)

Due to the gunshots, zombies seemed to be appearing behind every tree. It was the dead of night by the time the pair had lost them. Now they sat on either side of a campfire.

OOC: It is up to you to put up defenses if you like. Group 1 is pretty safe in the barn. Jason and Delthion might want to think of something to defend themselves if they want to sleep.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Pulled a few strange contraptions out of his pack Kyle quickly assembled them. "Pressure plates," he explained, putting them down by the entrances. "It'll alert us to any approaching zombies."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul picked up several boards, putting them in the handles of the barn doors to keep it from opening. "There. The wood is a bit warped and brittle, but it should hold... I don't know. It should work though," she said.

She looked around, seeing a window up in the loft. Climbing up the creaking ladder, she started trying to push hay barrels in front of it. They were too big for her to move, so she climbed down and simply moved the ladder away from the loft.

"I don't see any other way they could get in. But it would probably be a good idea to have one person awake at a time. In case zombies break in or those two come back."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Jason pulled out his pistol as he slurped down the remainder of a soup can.
"Looks like we lost 'em. I'll take first watch, an' wake you up later. But, I don't want to have to shoot if I don't have to. Can you lend me your sword? It has a bigger reach than this old knife."

Delthion

Delthion wasn't completely sure that he could trust Jason. "No, you also have a gun, I'll keep my sword. We should also put up a few more reliable defenses. That defend the area which we are not watching."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

"I need someone to help me," Antonio told the others regretfully taking out a pair of latex gloves. He'd have to find some more before long, or he'd be out for good. "We need to get the bullets out, before we can bandage him." Antonio glanced around at the others selecting two.

"Kyle, can you hold him still, I know he's uncurious, but if he wakes up in the middle of... He could, well, he could panic. Eul, I need you to hold pressure on the leg while I get the... The... Um, get it out." Hesitantly Antonio produced a plastic baggy containing a pair of surgical tweezers. Holding them ready he laid Wilbur's leg across from him nodding to the other survivors.

"This shouldn't be too hard, I've seen it done before..." Grimacing Antonio dug the tweezers into Wilbur's leg as gently as possible, digging the bullet out of the bone, before dropping the small bit of lead into the moldy hay. "I'll wrap that up now... The shoulder might be a bit harder..."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro