Moral Dilemma

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 26, 2016, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: The entire doorway just got melted down, there isn't even a gate left to have a lock on it  :D. I'm a little confused as to what you mean, but aight. And yes, I don't believe in Skyrim hand farts and spirit fingers, if I'm going to include magic, it's going to be the kind that defy's the elements and can tear the world asunder. Trust me, I've got quite a few surprises in store  ;).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rosie Willowwater

Hearing the rumbling Katie screeched and grabbed at Krain's hand. After the commotion died down she stared at him and retracted her hand. "S-sorry" she mumbled awkwardly.

Lord Daskar

Gurtun was knocked off his feet by the rumbling.
What was that!? he asked himself as he stood up and felt a sudden wave of heat. Not sure what was going on Gurtun stayed where he was, listening to noise and loud voices from the main room.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Faiyloe

Krain shut his eyes tightly as the room shook and dust and small stones fell about him bouncing off his coat. He felt Katie's paw grab his and he tensed. When the shaking had stopped and she had removed her hand, Krain pulled his hand away quickly and clasped his hands together tightly. He looked around and watched in confusion as the mouse and guard tried to get into the cage with them. He gasped and looked away as the room was filled with a blaze of light and a heat wave washed over them. When he looked back up there was Besch and he looked different.

Krain jumped up, starting, eyes wide, his mouth hanging open. "That-that-that's not possible," He stammered. "You-you... how?"

OOC: Stop me if I'm wrong but I am assuming that using enchanted objects does not make you glow.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: @Faiyloe + @Rosie Willowwater ... Kratie?

Ellisar had stood when he heard the commotion, and he nimbly avoided the falling rubble. He dusted himself off, as though there was nothing overly alarming about half the ceiling collapsing, and helped a few creatures disengage themselves from the rubble.

He hopped his way to Pyrin, and picked up the pebble matter-of-factly : "Spit side down, I'm afraid. Looks as though I win this one. I believe the blackguard would be that otter fellow. I wouldn't try to biff him though - he's got a hammer that melts a beast. Very bad for the air quality." He cheerfully relieved the baffled creature of his flask, trading it with the pebble. He took a few swigs before handing it off to Katie.

"That stuff's mighty strong. Perhaps a ferocious beast like yourself could finish it for me. Kicks like a mule."

Ignoring the doorway, he climbed and jumped his way through a gap in the ceiling (created by the large rock that had landed on Pyrin's head.)

"Impressive sort of place isn't this?" - they heard his voice echoing from above. He emerged behind Besch: "Can't say where we are for certain. It's a different sort of building than I'm used to."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Dannflower Reguba

Besch was mildly annoyed by Ellisar's antics, but now was not the time to go blowing up at people.... at least, not at the other captives. The otter sighed, taking a moment to collect his thoughts before speaking, "There's not much time for explanation, but some is needed. First off, as many have asked me, yes everybeast that has been taken for testing is dead outside of yours truly." He scrunched his eyes at the memory, the thought of what so many others had gone through, "The things being done here are utterly despicable, and we must leave immediately... The rest of the world needs to know what's happened!" He gave a short pause to let the others in the room understand his words, and partake in their hushed conversations. As soon as the group started to rise, he finished the abbreviated briefing, "I know the way out, so stay close, and whatever you do, do not, try to fight anybeast! Some of the soldiers here are armed with and trained to use enchanted weapons... I've seen a few of them, and they're not to be trifled with. If we go quickly, I'm confident that we can escape." As everybeast picked themselves up to finish getting themselves together, Besch snuck a glance at Krain. His eyes were wide open, in the brief moment that their eyes locked, he gave the other otter a sharp stare. His gaze was one of warning, but not malice, he did not seek Krain's fear so much as his silence. He held a finger to his lips in the sign for silence as he turned to leave. To others, this was a call for stealthy quiet, but it was more so the last of his warning to the Enchanter's son. He jogged his way up the stairs, the breakout had officially started!

Silent was just finishing with the otter maid from before when the explosion had gone off. The stones beneath her feet shifted under her, causing her to fall, she looked up to see part of the ceiling collapsing on her. She let out a slight squeak, rising to a half-kneel and sticking her arm out to try and slow the fall of the bits of rubble. The moment before the rocks struck, she felt a sudden weightlessness come over her as she was yanked out of the way and sheltered from the small cascade by a wildcat. She nodded her thanks, and watched in silence as the rest of the events played out before her. The white squirrel darted about the room, trying to help the more shocked beasts get their wits back and get a move on. She ended up in the back of the group, taking one last look at the prison that had been her home for quite some time now... Finally, the terror was over!.....

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

OOC: Sorry to break it to you, but Krain is taken. He's got a lovely Maryrose waiting for him back home.

BIC:

Krain frowned and went silent. He didn't take his eyes off Besch. What had they done to him? But even if he was acting strange he was the way out and Krain was not about to let that opportunity go to waste. He rushed after the other otter making sure to stay close but not too close.

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Recovering at the slow rate that one would expect, Pyrin only half listened to Besch. He was far more irritated that Ellisar had been able to steal the last his expensive mulled mead while he had been incapacitated. The rat fumed for a bit his footpaws clacking against a apple sized stone, whose edges tapered to a point. Pyrin quickly scooped up the rock, cupping it so the jagged end made a crude, but feasible weapon.

He recuperated more or less completely as everybeast made for the exit, Pyrin was one of the last through, an act he had done on purpose. A small white squirrel followed behind him, and he grinned, winking at her. "Smart of ye, or jus' luck eh. When th' killin' starts we'll be well away, n' armed see. Gotta make sure not too many knows it though. They'll follow," Pyrin presented the jagged stone placing a claw on his lips to signal silence, a irony he realized a moment later seeing who he was talking too.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Warder kept to the middle of the group. Body shield, right? Hopefully Besch could get them all through - he did enjoy the company of Pyrin slightly more than the others - but hey, no loss if one or two unknowns died in the fight, right?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Milady Scribe

Nora had just re-entered the common area when the earthquake and fire brought the place down around her ears. When she picked herself up, it was to see that the prison was...well, devastated. Besch--at least, she assumed the glowing being before her was still him--stood in what used to be the gateway, looking much more dangerous than when she'd last seen him. Apparently whatever they'd done to the otter had struck a nerve or two. Or twenty.

The wildcat lent a paw to anybeast who needed it (and would accept it) before following the rest up the stairwell. Her spirits rose as steadily as the bedraggled group of ex-prisoners making their way up and out. Could freedom really be so close? Of course, they still had to make their way past the other guards, but after Besch's demonstration of power and his warning not to fight, she trusted that they would get through. Hopefully without any losses, Nora thought, but even she knew how unlikely that was.

She stayed in the back of the group, offering what help and encouragement she could. Perhaps not every creature would make it out...but by the Fates, Nora Eadrom would not leave anybeast living behind!

((OOC: Of course as soon as I stop checking for developments every day, this happens! Good grief. Hah. Despite her triumphant resolution, Nora's probably going to trip and sprain her ankle or something, thus being rendered useless. :D)
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Fatch of Southsward

Ellisar led the way down the corridor. He was interested in exploring this strange forbidding prison no one seemed to know anything about. He wasn't worried about the guards. in fact, he thought it would be fun to fight a guard. Normally he wouldn't dare, but these guards didn't seem any more in line with the law than him.

He sniffed, and smelled fresh air. The exit must not be too far above them. He missed the fresh air a little, and broke into a slight jog, his spirits high. There was no telling where they would find themselves once they were out. This prison could be hidden deep in a forest, or perhaps out in plain sight.

Despite himself, he was excited. Although normally laid back, he had never been cooped up in one place for so long. The next step was sure to bring more twists and turns!
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Rosie Willowwater

Katie had been lost in her thoughts when the rest of the group started exiting out of the open doorway. When she finally came back to her senses
the prison was empty though she could still see some shadows and movement in the corridor. She screeched and dashed out the doorway pushing others aside as she ran. She longed for sunlight and fresh air.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: @danflorreguba  Shall we continue? You are needed for the RP to press onward. I don't want to post something and ruin anything you might have planned.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lord Daskar

Gurtun followed slowly behind the rest of the party, watching Ellisar dart ahead.

OOC: Sorry Dan, I'm pretty sure you disapprove to stuff like that, couldn't think of anything long to say that Gurtun followed.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I try to flesh out everything that happens in an RP, let people weave an intricate tale through even the most minuscule moments of the story. That's why I waited. BIC:

It was only a few more minutes... and a couple trips to get all the strays back with the main group, before the exit to the courtyard materialized from the darkness. A ringing sound could be heard by all as Besch let the hammer head slip down to the ground as he turned around to address the mass, "Outside this gate lies our escape, and our captors.... I don't know exactly what's waiting for us on the other side, but they're trouble. Again, avoid engaging them at all costs... Best of luck to you all." The otter beckoned another bulky fellow to assist him with the double oak doors which they proceeded to ram open in one quick charge. The doorway burst open to reveal their location, somewhere in the eastern plains. The outpost itself had been built into the side of a rolling hill, with a decently tall rock wall encasing the  courtyard they had just stumbled into. They didn't have more than a moment to look before a furious ball of fire hurtled down from the top of the wall on their left. Besch moved instinctively to intercept, swinging his weapon clockwise around himself and battering the flame down, infusing it with his own power, and sending it to the right in a short wall of spreading flame. The guards who had just emerged from their posts on that side quickly dropped to their knees, shields forward as the inferno passed harmlessly over their heads. Adding on to the beasts who had just come out on the groups left side, the total guard count was roughly just short of two score, not including the two adepts. The first adept was perched in the same place he'd released his fireball from, a rat on top of the left wall, wielding a red bladed dagger. The other was a Hare, who was just now descending gracefully from the opposite wall. He was holding a rather ornate spear, bound by a thin, greenish-turquoise metal band, that allowed him to rest on the winds as he dropped, isolating the last tendrils of the fire to snuff them out. After only a brief moment, Besch knew he only had one option, "Everybody RUN!" With a roar, he slammed the ground with his hammer, releasing several orange, yellow traces through the ground. These traces erupted into walls of fire on either side of a straight path to the closed outer gate. Without any more hesitation, he ran, slowing for nothing, knowing full well that even the slightest misstep could spell everybeasts undoing.