News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

An Avian's Ailment

Started by Cornflower MM, August 28, 2016, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

"Im not exaggerating Im in shock! Look at me I've had a horrible fright." Corbie squacked indignantly, poofing his feathers up even more. "And no, i didnt see them die exactly, but you didnt see the enemey! There was a whole murder of them, coming from nowhere. Surely the ithers were out numbered immediately. Its pure luck I got away, but there was nothing I couldve done."
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

Aodh looked piercingly after Corbie's retreating form through the scuffle, cursed his cowardice, and felled five more crows, he had lost dozens of feathers to the claws of the magpies, but he had successfully defended all of his vital areas so far.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

May trilled her alarm call, then started dive-bombing the enemy. Being so small there really wasn't much else she could do. Then three of the crows started closing in on her, blocking her every move. "Aodh!" She yelled, trying to go up and over the crows' heads.

~~~~~

Speckles squawked, "DEAD?! No no no! We have to do something! But a hawk! Hawks are scary! They like to eat chickens!" She started run around in a panic, starting to bawk. Finding a large bush, she dived under it to hide, still bawking.

OOC: Bawking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEkjb-2KLpU ((Not my chicken. Just imagine a steady stream of that))

LT Sandpaw

Small size, and swift flying saved Besune from being instantly killed in the ambush. The little gnatcatcher buzzed around the battle space doing everything she could to avoid the crows talons. She had been trained to fight, as a warrior of the flock, but there was little she could do to hurt the magpies, much less the crows. Still she valiantly flew on trying to break through the black cloud of feathers that surrounded Aodh. Like a small bee she avoided every attack, pecking and clawing at the larger birds' eyes. But there were so many of them.

Besune's luck soon ran out as a large wing clipped her own, sending her tumbling out of the air. She crashed through some branches thumping down close to where Corbie, Speckles, and Jade were. "Ow, ow, what are you three doing?" Besune asked, struggling to her talons. Her wing hurt bad, and she limped miserably over to them. "You can't stay here." The pain strained her voice, and she tried not too look at her wing, it didn't feel right. "You need to go hide. Hurry!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Aodh, who had had a rough time of keeping thirteen magpies and crows at bay, screeched and said to May, "I can't very well do everything can I?" Shortly there after, the three crows fell to the sky with deep gashes in their skulls from Aodh's talons. Eight more were left, and he once again flung himself into the fray.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

Jade boosted off into the sky determined to help in any way she could. She sighted Adoh and May surrounded by crows and dived beak-first towards them knocking two crows out of the sky and sent them plummeting to the ground. Spinning around she saw three more birds diving towards her. She felt a sharp pain, and fell to the ground. Then everything went black.

Delthion

OOC: Rosie, your bird is rather tiny compared to the crows...it seems a little bit unrealistic, two birds so quickly for such a small bird.

BIC: Aodh saw the crows begin to turn, and fell on them anew, sending another of their number to the ground far below. He turned and ducked as a talon descended towards his face, as a result or the ducking, he didn't die, but it still pierced his eye. Aodh screeched in pain and killed the crow that inflicted the wound, and went off pursuing the ones that had fled.

Rosie Willowwater

OOC:  :'( She was very determined. One also knocked into the other. And she didn't kill them she just brutally wounded them ;D

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Blue Jays bite hard man, they're fierce little buggers. I hate when they get stuck in our chicken coop, because they hurt.

IC:

Flapping fiercely Besune attempted to follow Jade into the fray but collapsed, falling back to earth in a bundle of grey feathers. Panting she hopped back up, chirping in anger. It seemed however that her presence wasn't needed as Aodh's brave actions soon put the remaining crows on the run.
"Somebird go after him!" She shouted, helplessly from the ground. "And somebird save May she's in trouble!" Looking around Besune noticed Speckles making a racket from the bushes. Hopping over to the chicken the little gnatcatcher shook her head urging the hen to be quite. "Hush, if there's anybeast within a mile they'll hear us, shut up Speckles." Besune felt better when she was giving orders, and it made her feel less useless while being tied to the earth.

Fatch of Southsward

Being no more than a midget compared to the crows, Tryk the hummingbird had made a beeline for the nearest tree. He darted in and out of the branches, causing pursuers to crash head on into the branches. In this way, he survived the relentless assault.

Now seeing them fleeing he buzzed merrily:

"Yeahhhh! Getta outa here!"
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Cornflower MM

OOC: Del, I've seen blue jays chasing redtail hawks around. Believe me, they're fierce little stinkers. :P

BIC: "Thank you!" May squawked, returning to her dive-bombing. When they started to flee, she gave chase and pecked them on the tail.  After a few moments of this, she slowed. "Alright, Aodh! That's enough, come back." Then May heard Speckles, and she sighed, turning to find the chicken.

Delthion

Aodh might have come back, but he was to far gone to hear them, the fury pulsing into his brain through the pain where his eye used to be propelled him to seemingly impossible speeds, he caught the crows and tore them apart, as the pain began to fade so did his strength, he began to fly back, he got within sight of the group, uttered a screech, or as near as he could come to it, and sank to the earth.

OOC: I should have also remembered that I've have seen solitary sparrows chasing away crows. ;D

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Waiting on Specks,
BTW
Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on September 13, 2016, 05:17:20 AM

"Yeahhhh! Getta outa here!"

I can just imagine this tiny little bird, with an absurdly deep voice going, "Yeahhhhh! Getta outa here!" Just saying that's hilarious.

IC:

With a cry of shock Besune watched as Jade plummeted out of the air, landing heavily nearby. Hopping over to the downed blue jay Besune nudged Jade's limp wing with her beak, a lump forming in her throat. What kind of leader let those under her die?
"Jade, Jade? Please don't be dead." She said in her bossy voice, just holding back the tears as she shook Jade with a talon. "If you're dead, I'll... I'll kill you Jade. Please don't die."