News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

My drawings (Nipwort)

Started by Nipwort, December 09, 2017, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

*Slaps Skarzs*

These are awesome, Nipwort! I love the shading  ^-^

The Skarzs

Hey. I'm giving my honest opinion.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Don't critique until you have at least complimented first. It's a very good drawing, and just highlighting the thing that you think is wrong is not a good way to go about things. A compliment shows you appreciate the work the artist put into it, and then possibly you can give some constructive criticism to help make the next one better, since everyone can always improve.

Just go about it differently next time, please.

Ashleg

What if he likes Badrang's very large arm?

Rosie Willowwater

Well, not on that piece. You just critiqued that one, nothing else. Just because you've complimented others, doesn't necessarily change my point. 

Ashleg

I think Nipwort can handle it!

The Skarzs

(You mean Nipwort.)

It wasn't even really a critique. . . just an observation.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

. . . All the arms I saw looked fine?

I love your shading, Nipwort, it's amazing!

Captain Tammo

I'm sure Skarzs didn't mean any harm by what he said. Personally, I didn't read it as overly critical. Though sometimes things can be interpreted as harsher than the writer intended - this being a prime example. But also thank you, Rosie, for looking out for the artist and being a source of encouragement! Both good reviews and small critiques are what move things forward on these boards and help people further develop themselves as artists. So no worries!

Also, thought I should mention that I really like the view out of the window in that most recent picture. It's a small part of the whole piece but I can never quite get water nor distant, foggy land to work out whenever I try making something. I could learn a thing or two from this!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nipwort

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

I was going to say the same thing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

What made you have a liking for Nipwort?

Nipwort