News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Icefire

This is kind of off subject when you consider the last few posts....but I thought any homeschooler would appreciate this. I found this video on YouTube about the "Homeschool Family" and thought it was hilarious!
And for those of you who are like me and aren't to happy with "outsiders" making homeschool jokes, don't worry. The guy who made this is a homeschool dad and is just having fun with the way "outsiders" tend to see homeschool families.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6uqj0_jQc
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Frost

Just curious to know: would you recommend home-schooling for our next generation?
Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landslide...

Gonff

Quote from: Icefire on August 11, 2011, 08:03:01 PM
This is kind of off subject when you consider the last few posts....but I thought any homeschooler would appreciate this. I found this video on YouTube about the "Homeschool Family" and thought it was hilarious!
And for those of you who are like me and aren't to happy with "outsiders" making homeschool jokes, don't worry. The guy who made this is a homeschool dad and is just having fun with the way "outsiders" tend to see homeschool families.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6uqj0_jQc

I've seen that before, it is hilarious!!!

Quote from: Frost on August 11, 2011, 09:26:42 PM
Just curious to know: would you recommend home-schooling for our next generation?

Yes, I would. If they wanted to go to the public school when they were older I would recommend letting them. But, as everyone is different some may want to and some may not. (My sister is going to the public school part-time. I don't really want too. I might go a little, but not as much as she is.)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

The Lady Shael

I would too. But I think attending public school is important too. I'd probably raise my kids the same way my parents raised me (homeschooled for elementary, public school for high school). Instill the values into their heads, and then hope something sticks. :p It worked for me and my little sister.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Skalrag of Marshank

I was home-schooled until the fifth grade. Now I go to a charter school.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Gonff

What exactly is charter school?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

I would. Because I want to raise my kids and teach them. I guess since I've been homeschooled, I just like it.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lutra

Quote from: Gonff on August 12, 2011, 12:25:36 AM
What exactly is charter school?

I'm not 100% positive on how charter schools work not having worked in one, but I'll take a stab at answering the question.

Charter schools, are like a public school, and funded by state money.  The difference being is the school is run by their "charter" or essentially their philosophy.  Not everyone can attend...they don't have enough room in most cases, so they do select (similar to private schools).  Charter schools can be shut down for poor performance because they are funded with public monies.  So they're like a private school, but are not funded with a tuition, yet are bound by the regulations of the public schools.

That's what I understand a charter school to be.  Again, not 100% positive....I work in an alternative school.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah, pretty much, Lutra. They don't usually have buses, and are usually relatively small.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

rakkety tam

i have all ways been homeschooled so have all of my bros and my sister one of my brothers went to reguler school for 75 percent of the year but thats it
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Mad Maudie

I'm home schooled and always have been and always will be
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

AWESOME!!!  ;D High-five, Mad Maudie!!! I'm never quitting homeschooling either!!!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

gorath

I am going to be homeschooled, though I wish otherwise
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Gonff

Why do you like public school better? (It's okay I was just wondering.)