News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Vitch

Started by Orinoco, December 02, 2012, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Vitch have any potential to be good?

Yes
5 (11.9%)
No
18 (42.9%)
Maybe
19 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Orinoco

I created this thread so we could continue the Vitch discussion without cluttering up the "Top Characters You'd Like to Smack" thread.

I personally believe Vitch, like most minor villains, was mislead. He could have made a peaceful life for himself, but that was virtually impossible because of Slagar. I never saw him do anything really evil, aside from beating Mattimeo (but that was just from a rivalry with him from when they were at the Abbey, I think).
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Redwallfan7

I chose no because even if Vitch wasn't as power hungry as Slagar was, he was still annoying and I strongly disliked him in both the book and the show.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

Hmmmm i think i will sklmack slagar insted*smacks slagar*

Redwallfan7

Vitch is one of the few villain's sidekicks that I don't like. And that's saying a lot, because to me, there have been more interesting ones: like Ashleg from Mossflower or Romsca from Pearls of Lutra.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Romsca

I was SO SAD  :'( when Slagar killed Vitch! Vitch definitely had the potential to be good!  :'( :'( :'(

Lutra

In all honesty here, I think Vitch had to be bad/evil and annoying because he had to be worse than Mattimeo who was sort of a brat himself in the beginning!  They would actually seem to be too alike if Vitch wasn't made annoying to the 100th degree. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

321tumbler

I think he could have been slightly good, but not like an abbeybeast.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Martin the warrior

Every one has the power to be good all they have to do is open their hearts and let others in
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Ungatt Trunn

I'd say that he may had the possibility to be good (I voted maybe), but it's probably most unlikely.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gabe The Warrior

Hmm.. I don't know. From what I remembered, he hated everything that everyone did in Redwall Abbey. He was forced to do cleaning, and such. Also his natural personality of being annoying. I wish Vitch had more of a back story so we could why he turned out the way he did, I wished many characters did.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

CrazyPug37

I always think of Vitch as an annoying little brat who always wanted to get his way.

Kind of like Dudley from Harry Potter except not fat, large, and human.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Romsca

Vitch could have been fat... ;D

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Romsca on May 19, 2013, 06:13:47 PM
Vitch could have been fat... ;D
I think I have been temporarily blinded by the thought.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Everyvone haz ze potential, Vitch probably juzt fell intae ze vrong crovd, and/or 'ad a rough child'ood.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.