News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

IS the wolverine in Rakkety Tam the best or worst bad guy?????????????????

Started by rachel25, March 25, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

MeadowR

He's an absolute brute!

Gulo's certainly not the best in terms of brains and strategy.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Sanddunes

Quote from: Ashleg on October 07, 2017, 03:55:50 PM
No, we saw how his brother acted.

Their personalities seem different the problem is we only knew Askor for just a few minutes (probably not even that much) so we don't know what he was really liked. What we do know is they both ate their enemies but seems like part of their culture

Ashleg

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Sanddunes

Quote from: Ashleg on October 07, 2017, 10:05:27 PM
Than how would it be just Gulo?

Because maybe Wolverines are only supposed to eat strong warriors to gang their strength while Gulo seem to eat anyone he can

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Sanddunes

Quote from: Ashleg on October 08, 2017, 03:04:35 AM
That's a strange way to think of it. It was never implied.

In some parts of the it kind of was like when Askor told the woodlanders to before he goes bad and when Gulo said he was going to eat Rakkety heart because he was brave

Krantor the Brutal

It could be the wolverine religious beliefs. (Could be a possibility.)

The Skarzs

That was a practice of some Native American tribes. It was probably based on that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Hmm, would that mean that the land they came from was based on America or Canada?

I do think that would kind of account for the whole "whoever is in possession on the Walking Stone is the rightful king" thing, plus I always thought "the Walking Stone" was kind of out of place as far as names go in Redwall.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Yes. . .
Fascinating. Maybe that's where they were supposed to be from.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

While it is possible that they were meant to come from Canada, as wolverines are native to it, I think it's far more likely that they are meant to come from Scandinavia. In particular, Norway, which is literally referred to, in real life, as "The Land of Ice and Snow."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan