News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Owl City!

Started by Kitsune, June 08, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwaller on July 06, 2013, 02:58:04 PM
After listening to the video "Brighter than a shooting star", I came to the conclusion that Owl City is pretty awesome!

Yay!  ;D  And that's not even his best song (in my opinion)!  My personal favourites are probably Umbrella Beach, Early Birdie, To the Sky, Paper Tigers, I Hope You Think of Me (or at least, what I've heard from that (ugh, why won't he release the full song in studio?  D: )), and a few others that I can't think of at the moment.
  Random fact:  Did anyone know that yesterday (July 5th) was Mr. Young's 27th birthday?
  And another random fact:  Apparently, on July 30th, he's gonna release an acoustic Midsummer Station EP, featuring Good Time, Shooting Star, Gold, and two unreleased tracks.  I sincerely hope those two are I Hope You Think of Me and Hey Anna!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

His song was in Escape from Planet Earth. I think it was quite good!

And I love his haircut!

Rainshadow

Which haircut?

This one?

This one?

Or this one?

Or maybe even this one?

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

The first is the one I like best, and also the second one!  :)

I just listened to the Annemarie lullaby and Fireflies. Both awesome! I'm now an Owl City fan!

Maudie

I think of all those haircuts the first on is definitely the best.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on July 07, 2013, 01:24:47 AM
I think of all those haircuts the first on is definitely the best.

Yeah, I do quite like the first one.  But is it weird that my favourite is the fourth?  0_o

Quote from: Redwaller on July 07, 2013, 01:04:15 AM
I just listened to the Annemarie lullaby and Fireflies. Both awesome! I'm now an Owl City fan!

Eee!  Lonely Lullaby is definitely one of my favourites!  :D  And hey, congrats about becoming an Owl Citizen!  Now you just need to buy all the albums/EPs as fast as possible!  Lol, just kidding.  ;)

Redwaller

The fourth is quite good too. But the third is horrible.

Orinoco

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 06, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
  Random fact:  Did anyone know that yesterday (July 5th) was Mr. Young's 27th birthday?

I actually had a miniature birthday party for him by myself on Friday. The "party" pretty much only involved me browsing his Twitter page and listening to Gold and Lonely Lullaby nonstop throughout the whole day.  ::)

And his hair in that fourth picture is simply astonishing. I love it.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwaller on July 07, 2013, 01:30:13 AM
The fourth is quite good too. But the third is horrible.

Yeah, luckily it's grown a bit since that pic.  This is the latest picture I've seen of him (posted on his Instagram):

Quote from: Orinoco on July 07, 2013, 10:16:07 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on July 06, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

I actually had a miniature birthday party for him by myself on Friday. The "party" pretty much only involved me browsing his Twitter page and listening to Gold and Lonely Lullaby nonstop throughout the whole day.  ::)

And his hair in that fourth picture is simply astonishing. I love it.

Haha, you did more than me.  :P  I just listened to a few songs and browsed his blog, Twitter, Instagram, and the official Owl City Facebook page.  That was it.  :P

And as for the hair, I don't know why, but I really like that look!  To me, his hair looks best in this pic:

But then again, I'm a fan of that type of hat (it's called a beanie, correct?  Ugh, I suck at names.  :P), so that might be why.

And while we're on the topic of hair, I went looking for that previous picture (the one with the hat) and found this:

Bad hair day?  Possibly.  :P

Redwaller

Lol!

Saturday I listened to others, those I remember were:

Rainbow Veins

Metropolis(?)

When can I see you again?

Fireflies

Take to the Sky

And some others, which were all awesome!

Rainshadow

Redwaller, you'll soon come to learn that all Owl City songs are awesome.  ;)  :P

Kitsune

They are!
@Rainshadow: Why do you have a Groose picture? He was mean in the start. (He gets better though, I guess)

Rainshadow

Quote from: PluggFiretail on July 09, 2013, 01:09:20 AM
@Rainshadow: Why do you have a Groose picture? He was mean in the start. (He gets better though, I guess)

Partially because I find him hilarious, and partially because he's

Skyward Sword
nice at the end.
[close]

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Kitsune

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 09, 2013, 01:15:20 AM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on July 09, 2013, 01:09:20 AM

Partially because I find him hilarious, and partially because he's

Skyward Sword
nice at the end.
[close]
True, he is kind of funny. ;D
Back on topic...