News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lutra tries to draw. :-p (updated 10/26/14)

Started by Lutra, July 13, 2013, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 11, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on August 11, 2013, 01:10:42 PM
Quote from: Mask on August 11, 2013, 05:47:12 AM
Those are great! Just a random thing I noticed. You have very good handwriting, which is characteristic of good artists. ;)
I'll never be good then. My handwriting sucks.

Ditto!  ::)  Though, one thing I heard that I'm gonna be counting as fact is that intelligent people have really bad handwriting because they try to write down all of their ideas too fast.  I'm going with that idea.  ;)
Me too!  :D

Maudie

Quote from: Redwaller on August 11, 2013, 04:06:53 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on August 11, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on August 11, 2013, 01:10:42 PM
Quote from: Mask on August 11, 2013, 05:47:12 AM
Those are great! Just a random thing I noticed. You have very good handwriting, which is characteristic of good artists. ;)
I'll never be good then. My handwriting sucks.

Ditto!  ::)  Though, one thing I heard that I'm gonna be counting as fact is that intelligent people have really bad handwriting because they try to write down all of their ideas too fast.  I'm going with that idea.  ;)
Me too!  :D

My print hand is quite neat, but I can't say the same for cursive or illegible handwriting.
Perhaps I shouldn't have said characteristic of good artist, more like, if you have neat handwriting, you can be a good artist. But artists with handwriting like Lutra's (and my mom's) seem to be more comfortable with clear, defined lines and sometimes have a more cartoonish than realistic style.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

rachel25

I suck at writing no one can read it except me so that quite useful  :D

Banya Streamdog

I just looked at your pictures Lutra, and they were great!!!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Lutra

My handwriting is a bit different than it was 12 years ago too.  Its actually a bit sloppier these days.

New (old) art.

A gray fox as part of a story, but looks too nice/friendly to fit in Redwall.

Argument between a gray squirrel and a ringtail cat.  Another part of a story I had written long ago.

Wasn't great a chipmunks either!  No chipmunks in Redwall either.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

Those look great, Lutra! :D
I love the softer looking style you've gone with. My favorite is the arguing squirrel and ringtail cat!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM

Oh, I love the chipmunk! But I think I like the squirrel and cat one more! These are aweseome, Lutra! You should try drawing again.  :)

Russa Nodrey

Those are awesome, I really like the squirrel!
Freddy

Lutra

If time allows, I may draw again.  I think I said that the last time I put up a bunch of stuff, and you see I'm not good at keeping my word. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

MeadowR

It's great to see your old drawings, Lutra. I like 'em. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014