Main Menu

Faiyloe's art and Requests.

Started by Faiyloe, July 19, 2013, 09:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Thanks so much Faiy! :D

The Skarzs

Quote from: Faiyloe on July 14, 2016, 05:22:03 PM
I am lazy... and self conscious XD, a lot of the stuff is half finished or I didn't really think it was good enough to share... messy studies with lots of hand written notes... those are a pain to clean up enough to share so I usually don't bother.  :P and the fact that everything I post here has to be posted on DeviantArt first so it has to be of a quality I am comfortable posting there. XP
Ah. What's your DA?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Faiyloe on March 12, 2016, 04:14:33 AM
And I have things up... sort of, anyway, here is the link as promised and more pictures should be posted periodically.

http://caseydreamer.deviantart.com/

There's the link^^
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I like that you guys on this forum give the characters such detailed outfits. It adds a certain charm to it that I just don't have in my own drawings.  :P
Keep it up!
*goes to stalk you on DA*

Faiyloe

I'll tell you my secret  ;). References are your best friend. I had to look at tones of pictures of hedgehogs and period specific dresses to get an idea of what I wanted. They also help me know where to add stitches, seems and buckles.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on July 14, 2016, 09:22:40 PM
I like that you guys on this forum give the characters such detailed outfits. It adds a certain charm to it that I just don't have in my own drawings.  :P
I'm trying to get better at drawing outfits, but I'm not very good at detail, especially since my normal clothing consists of a t-shirt and jeans.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

:D Yeah, My real life clothing choices are very simple XD, I like looking at movie costumes to get an idea of the things they use to add details. I have also discovered layers are your friend. A vest adds so much to an outfit ;D and color contrast is your best friend... Not that you don't know this already XD, I'm just geeking out about art theory. 

The Skarzs

I like looking up Medieval outfits and seeing what I can put together, like a jerkin, a hood, a cloak, a vest, frills and belts, etc. (Also, the more clothing they have on, the less fur needs to be drawn.)
I haven't drawn a pirate yet, but I would think that would be fun, what with being able to throw together just about anything and make them look authentic. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

XD, Yeah, I think I have drawn a few pirates... though none recently. My characters fur is pretty minimal detail, I only add a bit of fluff on the head and depending on the race the tail.

The Skarzs

It does still give the impression of fur, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

I think the color helps with that.  ;D