News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Admiral's Justice

Started by Rusvul, October 09, 2013, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Dristek, after a long and infuriating trial, where, in standard imperialist fashion, she had no right to speak, she was short-tempered and unhappy. She had been accused of murder, by High Admiral Zane. The trial had ended quickly, she had no defense and several pieces of evidence against her. But Zane had made an error, potentially a fatal one. As she had been lifted out of her cage and was taken to the platform where she would be hung, she had loudly spoken out against the system of Imperialist law. Zane quickly grew tired of this. "Shut up, deadbeast." Dristek allowed a thin smile to cross her face. "I am a prisoner, and a doomed one, to be treated with respect. You have just insulted me, not allowing me to die with honor. I am within my rights to challenge you to a duel, and I shall. If I win, I gain my freedom and you lose your office. If you win, I die."

And so she stood, with Admiral Zane charging at her with his sabre and prod.

OOC: So sorry I took ages to put this up. The first two times I tried, it got deleted and I got frustrated. Now we can finally kill each other :D

KitrallStreamrippler

The stocky otter stood her ground, paw on sword hilt, and glared coldly at the creature who had ruined her life. Even if she won this duel and was freed, nobeast would trust her. Why would they? She was a convicted murderer. Not that she technically committed a crime- the beast had been trying to kill her. But he had been a high-ranking Imperialist. Which, of course, meant that he was above scrutiny, which made her a cold-blooded killer in other beasts' eyes.

When the Admiral was within striking distance, Dritsek made her move. In one swift, fluid motion, she unsheathed her scimitar, slashing up and across her torso. Zane would pay for his actions in blood.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Zane had been half-expecting this move. He blocked her strike with his prod, spun around and struck at the back of her neck with his sabre, simultaniously releasing a high-power zap from his prod and, if he had judged correctly, up the cutlass and the arm of the beast holding it.
Another crazybeast crying out for their life, he thought. This will be over quickly.

KitrallStreamrippler

Dritsek, instead of fighting the block, slid her blade down the length of Zane's prod and toward his fingers. To lend it more force, she stepped forward- and narrowly avoided a fatal strike from the dog's saber. It hit mostly with the flat, though the sword's edge did leave a scratch along her shoulder blades. Before she had time to react to this, however, the electricity from Zane's prod hit her. It shot up her blade and into her arms. She hung on gamely, refusing to let go of her weapon, though the shock felt like a living thing, trying to rip her to pieces. And it did succeed in shoving her backwards a few steps.

Arms still buzzing, the otter switched her scimitar to one paw and drew her stun-gun. Not taking particular aim, she fired at Zane and shoved the gun back in its holster. She placed both paws on her sword hilt again, resuming a defensive stance.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

A skillfully-fired tendril of electricity deflected the bullet, though he misjudged and it grazed his boot. He felt no real pain, but his food started to go numb. After a few moments, the feeling faded away. On part of the prod, was fitted a hopper of sorts, powered by clockwork rather than gravity. When he moved his hand a certain way, a small copper and zinc disc, with harmless-looking barbs, slid out of the mechanism and into a sort of grasp at the end of the prod. With a quick 'Zap!' the disk was charged, electricity arcing between its myriad spines. Zane knew it would not hold a charge for very long, so he slung his arm, and the prod along with it, in Dristek's direction. The disc smoothly slid out, and was propelled, spinning, towards the otter. It was not very accurate, but it was a very efficient way of incapacitating enemies at a greater range than he could with a simple zap. Three more of these projectiles in quick succession, only the most agile of creatures could dodge this, the wretched little murderer didn't stand a chance. Unless he had underestimated her. He had only underestimated an opponent once, and that had had disastrous consequences.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Quick question- were the disk-things all fired in the same small area, or in more of a general space? It will definitely affect how Dritsek responds, and I don't want to walk all over your intentions.

Rusvul

OOC: They were all aimed directly at Dristek, but they're not very accurate- feel free to PP them as misses, or as dodges, or whatever. :)

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: All righty then.

BIC: Dritsek saw the first coming and simply side-stepped it, mock disappointment clear on her face. Then three more followed. They spread in such a way as to make it impossible for the otter to dodge all of them. Unless... She abruptly dropped to one knee and bowed her head, letting the discs pass her by. Even so, they were uncomfortably close, and one even clipped her ear. She gritted her teeth, determined not to let Zane see her in pain, and got quickly back to her paws.

"I'm afraid you'll have to come a bit closer if you want to damage me, coward. Show me how well you wield that fancy blade of yours- if you even can."

Rusvul

"Alright, Dristek, let's see how good you are with a blade." The Admiral held his prod above his head as if it was a ring knife- a left hand dagger, for fencing. However, this was much more effective than a dagger- He didn't even have to make contact. He rushed forward, and began tapping her cutlass with his sabre- Not hard, only hard enough to prevent her from accurately striking. He liked fighting this way- the otter had made a mistake. He continued his defensive strikes, but followed them with a strong, heavy, thrust with the prod. If he had aimed correctly, then her dominant shoulder, the one she held her sword in, would be completely destroyed- a localized high-amperage zap could do a lot. It might even knock her out.

KitrallStreamrippler

Zane was up to something. What was with all the soft, petty strikes? Dritsek ought to cut right through them- ah. The prod flashed toward her shoulder, and she only saw it at the last moment. Barely enough time to jerk away, let alone actually block the thing. Intense electrical pain shot through her shoulder, and she almost blacked out. Almost. The otter retreated several steps, always facing her opponent, as complete numbness spread through her shoulder and down her arm. As the lack of feeling began to take hold of her paw, she switched the blade, preparing herself to fight left-pawed. Dritsek smiled grimly, ears flat.

"Tsk. Tsk. I asked how well you used your blade, oaf, not how sneaky you were with that glorified bug zapper. Now let's do it properly this time, shall we? No tricks, old dog."

Rusvul

Zane smashed the pommel of his sabre against a flat, blue crystal on the prod. Electricity arced up the blade. "We'll see, streamdog." The prod in a defensive stance, he struck out with the newly electrocuted sabre. His thinking was that he would arc a jolt up the otter's arm.

KitrallStreamrippler

Dritsek quickly decided that making contact with Zane's saber was one of the worst things she could do. Instead, she skipped nimbly backwards, avoiding his blade as she tried to find a way to beat him. She couldn't do anything while he had that blasted prod! Aha. This was going to be difficult. Dritsek sheathed her blade and reached for her stun-gun. If Zane wanted to play with electricity, he just might get shocked.

Rusvul

Zane saw the move that she was making. He discharged his sabre into the ground, and then fired off another volley of spinning blades- seven, in total, spread around her so that they would be hard to dodge. He readied another blade- If he acted quickly enough, he could hit a bullet mid-air and deflect it. The magnetism of the blades would probably help him some- but not much. If all else failed, he could try to deflect it with a zap, but that was very unreliable, and he was lucky that it had worked last time.

KitrallStreamrippler

Dritsek was forced to drop again, though this time she rolled away as well, so as to not present an easy target. Popping back up to her paws, she discharged a few bullets of her own, all aimed at her opponent's middle.

Rusvul

Zane did a whole lot of things all at once. He fired off his disc, completely missing anything of relevance. He zapped out a wall, which, with another extreme stroke of luck deflected two of the three bullets. He also attempted to dodge, but, one cannot dodge a bullet, even if you anticipate it. It hit him in his side. He felt the full force of ten thousand volts coursing through his body. As the pain faded away, he contemplated how lucky he was that the jolt was low-amperage. Any more than a few amps and he would be dead. He knew, of course, the exact voltage and amperage of his own prod. Forty-thousand volts, at one and a half amps. Deadly, if it struck in the right place. He charged forward, attempting to put those forty thousand volts straight through Dristek's heart.